PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Billboard on Route 1, 3 miles south of Gillette Stadium

4r95dp.jpg
I don't know how people function in upstate New York with all the snow they get, and with how often they've had to shovel out their own seats. Add that to the list of things they've had to deal with...crazy.

hahahaha, someone's been saying this for awhile :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hahahaha, someone's been saying this for awhile :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Have fun living in Buffalo, when are you moving? Hopefully real soon. You shouldn't have much trouble finding a job, they've got plenty of septic tanks out that way.

Since I remember the 70’s and 80’s, the Shulettes and their hanky waving fans can burn in hell for all I care. The Jets have to suck because the earth might implode if they actually were good. But I cannot hate the Bills the same way as those other 2 teams. And not even as much as the Ravens. If you think you could tolerate the Ravens winning, picture Harbaugh holding the Lombardi again - and then banish that thought from your mind.

Have fun living in Buffalo, when are you moving? Hopefully real soon. You shouldn't have much trouble finding a job, they've got plenty of septic tanks out that way.
fcb derangement syndrome... it's ok, happens to some of the best... just remember this when the pats have 42k at Gillette next December

To me the whole 'best fans' needs a bit of context.

Let's leave Buffalo out of this for a moment, and consider Green Bay.
(More specifically, what options there are other than being a Packers fan.)
  • 7. Look forward to listening to the polka band next Friday night
  • 6. Work in a foul putrid disease ridden meat packing plant
  • 5. Scream at New Yorkers about being part of New York
  • 4. Go ice fishing
  • 3. Create a new cheese and artery clogging nasty semi-meat for dinner
  • 2. Drink so much you fall into the ice fishing hole (what a way to die)
  • 1. Be a Packers fan, boasting about championships that occurred before you were born

The options in Buffalo are not far off:
  • 6. Become a world renowned expert on the lake effect
  • 5. Scream at Toronto natives that Love Canal is not part of Buffalo
  • 4. Eat buffalo wings: not the meat, just the skin
  • 3. Polish that bust of OJ Simpson in the man cave
  • 2. Gripe that no president has visited since McKinley
  • 1. Be a Bills fan, which means drinking until you blackout, take off your shirt, and belly flop on a table

fcb derangement syndrome... it's ok, happens to some of the best... just remember this when the pats have 42k at Gillette next December
Don't flatter yourself, you don't deserve it. But just think, as a Bills fan you can hate the Patriots even more than you do now!

To me the whole 'best fans' needs a bit of context.

Let's leave Buffalo out of this for a moment, and consider Green Bay.
(More specifically, what options there are other than being a Packers fan.)
  • 6. Work in a foul putrid disease ridden meat packing plant
  • 5. Scream at New Yorkers about being part of New York
  • 4. Go ice fishing
  • 3. Create a new cheese and artery clogging nasty semi-meat for dinner
  • 2. Drink so much you fall into the ice fishing hole (what a way to die)
  • 1. Be a Packers fan, boasting about championships that occurred before you were born

The options in Buffalo are not far off:
  • 6. Become a world renowned expert on the lake effect
  • 5. Scream at Toronto natives that Love Canal is not part of Buffalo
  • 4. Eat buffalo wings: not the meat, just the skin
  • 3. Polish that bust of OJ Simpson in the man cave
  • 2. Gripe that no president has visited since McKinley
  • 1. Be a Bills fan, which means drinking until you blackout, take off your shirt, and belly flop on a table
No president has visited since McKinley ... ha!

Josh Allen is not beating Mahomes.

I abhor the Chiefs way more than these Buffalo Dbags, but its true. Allen will choke.

The Steelers are finished. The Titans, Colts and Browns might shock somebody and win a post season game, but they arent going all the way. The Titans defense is suspect. The Colts have Rivers who you can never trust. The Browns are the Browns and always find a way to lose.

Sort of comes down in order of hatred...hate to say it, but I'd actually root for Buffalo to knock off the Steelers or Ravens in the postseason but would root for whatever NFC team they faced if they made the Super Bowl...let's make it 0-5 :D
Ian maybe I’m more cold sadistic but I think it would be best for our franchise for Miami and Buffalo to play the Chiefs or Ravens or Steelers and get massacred into next week like the playoffs was a different animal they couldn’t comprehend. We don’t need those franchises to have hope. They need to be soft and afraid for when we rise again.

If you're talking strictly the fanbase without the franchise factored in they're lightyears better. They are passionate, they come out every year in some of the worst weather, they have stuck through the team after decades of terrible football, they have raised money for charity multiple times over the years. Our fans every year go through the motions and occasionally get loud for a few big games a year if that. Maybe the winning made our fanbase a little more apathetic or the corporatization of the NFL, and by in large most of its stadiums, more white collar yuppie type fans. That didn't happen to the Bills. They are a small market team in a dumpy old stadium with a blue collar fan base in a blue collar city and that lives and dies with the only sport in town.

I say Buffalo because their fans are diehard. They’ll root for that team no matter what. That’s why I’d root for them if I wasn’t a Patriots fan.
If you're talking strictly the fanbase without the franchise factored in they're lightyears better. They are passionate, they come out every year in some of the worst weather, they have stuck through the team after decades of terrible football, they have raised money for charity multiple times over the years. Our fans every year go through the motions and occasionally get loud for a few big games a year if that. Maybe the winning made our fanbase a little more apathetic or the corporatization of the NFL, and by in large most of its stadiums, more white collar yuppie type fans. That didn't happen to the Bills. They are a small market team in a dumpy old stadium with a blue collar fan base in a blue collar city and that lives and dies with the only sport in town.

You guys apparently haven't been to games in Buffalo the last 20 years. What you refer to is a romanticized notion of how things USED to be in Orchard Park. The stereotypical diehard blue-collar Bills fan has been replaced by a new generation of drunken young party animals for whom football is incidental to the "festivities." They're "passionate" all right -- about chugging contests, table diving and getting laid in the parking lot.

Beyond that I'm sick of this nonsensical dismissal of Pats fans as "corporate white-collar yuppie types" by comparison. It has no basis in reality any more than your falsely idealized depiction of "superior" Bills yahoos.

They are diehard fans for sure, but not the brightest of sorts...

You guys apparently haven't been to games in Buffalo the last 20 years. What you refer to is a romanticized notion of how things USED to be in Orchard Park. The stereotypical diehard blue-collar Bills fan has been replaced by a new generation of drunken young party animals for whom football is incidental to the "festivities." They're "passionate" all right -- about chugging contests, table diving and getting laid in the parking lot.

Beyond that I'm sick of this nonsensical dismissal of Pats fans as "corporate white-collar yuppie types" by comparison. It has no basis in reality any more than your falsely idealized depiction of "superior" Bills yahoos.
Lol I don’t think I’m the one romanticizing things. I remember going to games as a kid at Foxboro and and being scared of the things I saw.

Lol I don’t think I’m the one romanticizing things. I remember going to games as a kid at Foxboro and and being scared of the things I saw.

To be clear: the diehard blue-collar Bills fan (romanticized) vs. the white-collar yuppie Pats fan (stereotype). As a generalized depiction neither is fair or accurate.

That's actually a good topic of discussion...I'm not sure who else (if we stay in the AFC) I'd be able to root for as a "diehard".

Outside of the Patriots, if I was to flip right now in terms of teams to root for - I think maybe...the Chargers? They're up and coming and I think would be fun to watch/root for...but that's an interesting notion...I'd have to put my hat in there for the AFC. I have no idea about the NFC. Obviously, I'm rooting for Brady in Tampa right now but outside of that...not really sure.

I'm not sure you get to pick who to root for. It's determined by the proximity of your house to where the team practices plus who your dad liked.

Nobody rooting for Mike Vrabel and the Titans?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back