PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Billboard on Route 1, 3 miles south of Gillette Stadium

I say Buffalo because their fans are diehard. They’ll root for that team no matter what. That’s why I’d root for them if I wasn’t a Patriots fan. It has nothing to do with talent.
Okay classy doesn't describe them but they are diehard and that's cool.

I still hate 'em. They beat us on the way to more than one AFL title. I hate 'em like the Jets, Colts and Fins.

I want to say something about not throwing stones, how Kraft did that to us with the flying elvis, but I think you disagree so I'll shut up.

Not sure what you might be driving at. How does a logo change relate to any of this?

Anyone have a potato gun and can of paint?
Don't you mean flaming tables and.....errrr....NSFW pleasure enhancement equipment? I mean if we want to be accurate to their preferred expressions of fandom.

"old-guard diehard fan base being usurped by a massive herd of young, drunken idiots"
That's a statement of fact, not judgment. I still don't get what your point is.

They're getting pretty overconfident over one good season.

I congratulate them. Good season for them. Allen is looking good. However, once good season won't make me fear or respect them. Win some superbowls. Then come back.

Don't you mean flaming tables and.....errrr....NSFW pleasure enhancement equipment? I mean if we want to be accurate to their preferred expressions of fandom.

The potato gun and can of paint request was for "enhancements" to the billboard.

I sat next to a Patriot fan in Buffalo several years back.

The Bills sucked that year. The Patriots were awesome.

He yells, with his hands cupping his ears: “Wow this crowd is loud! Is it always like this?”

Me: “Yeah...”

Him: “It never gets this loud at home!”

Surprised me. Kinda made me sad for Pats fans too.

He went on yep tell me that he visits lots of NFL stadiums, and the only one that was as loud as Buffalo was arrowhead.

If you're talking strictly the fanbase without the franchise factored in they're lightyears better. They are passionate, they come out every year in some of the worst weather, they have stuck through the team after decades of terrible football, they have raised money for charity multiple times over the years. Our fans every year go through the motions and occasionally get loud for a few big games a year if that. Maybe the winning made our fanbase a little more apathetic or the corporatization of the NFL, and by in large most of its stadiums, more white collar yuppie type fans. That didn't happen to the Bills. They are a small market team in a dumpy old stadium with a blue collar fan base in a blue collar city and that lives and dies with the only sport in town.
Have you ever heard of the Buffalo Sabres?

Tbh it’s understandable why Bills fans hate the Pats.

I hated the Jim Kelly Bills because they won a lot and almost always won against us. Hated watching guys like Thomas and Bruce Smith own us.

And our dominance against them was ten times what theirs was against us.

Never really got that feeling of jealousy. For the most part those teams led by Jim Kelly were classy lunch pail players. Great defense, really good offense. The Pats sometimes played them very well even pulling off a couple of wins occasionally.

i get why a lot of fans are reveling in the Pats mediocrity, way too long a time to be at the top or in the mix every year so to speak. What I don’t get is why some Pats fans are bothered by it. 6 super bowl wins is enough to smile about for a lifetime. For some reason it’s not enough for many though.
Another thing I get but kind of don’t is Buffalo fans coming here for validation of their new found success. In a way its kind of flattering but still strange to me. Sure some come here to talk football but some seem to lurk and wait to see if something is written about their team that they don’t like or agree with so they can vehemently argue away. Its nice to go to other sites and get the pulse of the NFL and viewpoints etc but some people take it to the extreme trying to get some type of validation.

I sat next to a Patriot fan in Buffalo several years back.

The Bills sucked that year. The Patriots were awesome.

He yells, with his hands cupping his ears: “Wow this crowd is loud! Is it always like this?”

Me: “Yeah...”

Him: “It never gets this loud at home!”

Surprised me. Kinda made me sad for Pats fans too.

He went on yep tell me that he visits lots of NFL stadiums, and the only one that was as loud as Buffalo was arrowhead.
that's nice, Sonny...here...have a cookie

FhMwxRa.png

that's nice, Sonny...here...have a cookie

FhMwxRa.png

Exactly. Like the big hole in at the end of the stadium at Foxboro has nothing to do with the loss of crowd noise. I mean New England fans are just flat out ****ies and have never cheered really loud the last 20 years. It’s not like we’ve had anything to cheer about. Give me a break. New Era Stadium is about as old as the AFL OH wait! IT IS as old as the AFL. Keep it up and keep winning without making a commitment to the owner and team and that loud ancient stadium will sit empty after your owner AL/Mark Davis’s your ass. Your next team will be a cfl franchise.

“Hey, I sat next to this Buffalo fan last season. He told me he wished his team didn’t lose 4 superbowls in a row. He really did. He also added that he wished with all his heart he had 6 Lombardi’s and wishes secretly he was a Pats fan.”

Exactly. Like the big hole in at the end of the stadium at Foxboro has nothing to do with the loss of crowd noise. I mean New England fans are just flat out ****ies and have never cheered really loud the last 20 years. It’s not like we’ve had anything to cheer about. Give me a break. New Era Stadium is about as old as the AFL OH wait! IT IS as old as the AFL. Keep it up and keep winning without making a commitment to the owner and team and that loud ancient stadium will sit empty after your owner AL/Mark Davis’s your ass. Your next team will be a cfl franchise.

“Hey, I sat next to this Buffalo fan last season. He told me he wished his team didn’t lose 4 superbowls in a row. He really did. He also added that he wished with all his heart he had 6 Lombardi’s and wishes secretly he was a Pats fan.”

Not sure why your anger is directed towards me. I’m not the one who made the comments. A fellow Patriot fan did.

Not sure why your anger is directed towards me. I’m not the one who made the comments. A fellow Patriot fan did.

Because it's an idiotic little story you decided to share.

I have a story. 6-3 is greater than 0-4. Wide right is the closest your little meat box franchise ever got.

I don't recall Buffalo fans ever making national headlines forr booing Goondell of the ****ing stage.

Cow
What ever you do, don't mention video tapes, the Deflator, or Kraft Productions....................

At least not until my popcorn is ready

Last edited:
Because it's an idiotic little story you decided to share.

I have a story. 6-3 is greater than 0-4. Wide right is the closest your little meat box franchise ever got.

I don't recall Buffalo fans ever making national headlines forr booing Goondell of the ****ing stage.

6-4. Which one are you in denial about?

The options in Buffalo are not far off:
  • 7. Look forward to listening to the polka band next Friday night
  • 6. Become a world renowned expert on the lake effect
  • 5. Scream at Toronto natives that Love Canal is not part of Buffalo
  • 4. Eat buffalo wings: not the meat, just the skin
  • 3. Polish that bust of OJ Simpson in the man cave
  • 2. Gripe that no president has visited since McKinley
  • 1. Be a Bills fan, which means drinking until you blackout, take off your shirt, and belly flop on a table

How much does a billboard cost? This would be a great response. "From Pats fans to Bills fans - This is Your Life"

The final one, after the blackout, would be "Wake up and realize you still live in Buffalo."

Seriously, lets GoFundMe this thing.

I don't know how people function in upstate New York with all the snow they get, and with how often they've had to shovel out their own seats. Add that to the list of things they've had to deal with...crazy.

Why do New Englanders act like it doesn’t snow in our area?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back