Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwedd

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Being as there's another day until the Patriots play, I figured I would throw out a few notes about my trip last month down to 1 Patriot Place.

First off, the drive down from Maine was fairly easy. I took 95 straight down and didn't have a problem finding my way to Foxboro. My only complaint is that you don't see the exit until about 2 miles from it. There is a REALLY small sign for Gillette Stadium attached to the same pole, so don't blink.

Once there, it was easy to find my hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn. Nice place, and not overly expensive. I had a lovely view of the stadium, and the room was comfortable. GREAT shower too.

I traveled down there while the team was in Miami. I guessed correctly that it would be easier to tour the facility if there weren't another 60,000 fans in line too. :) I was able to grab some snackage and watch the game from a comfortable couch on a large flat screen TV.

The whole facility is amazing. Great places to eat. Lots of places to grab a beer and relax. Met some great women at one of the bars, who insisted on buying me drinks if I danced with them. Good deal in my eyes. :D

Anyway, I arrived Friday afternoon, and left Monday morning. It was time well spent.Islept in on Saturday morning, went to lunch at the Italian place across the street, then watched the Alabama game.

Sunday had a great breakfast at the hotel, then watched the Pats trounce Miami. Afterward, went to the steak house and had a GREAT meal. Wonderful steak, and the sides were huge portions.

Anyway, got up Monday early, grabbed along sower, then had breakfast at the hotel and checked out. Again, I guessed right about beating the crowds. I was there when the Hall of Fame opened at 10am, and was 3rd inline. That also worked well, because about an hour later, school buses started to arrive with kids wearing Pats jersies and caps So visit early,or later in the day.

Te hall was amazing because of all the actual uniforms, footballs and displays it has. I especially liked the display of Edelman's helmet and red gloves he wore when he made that amazing catch against the Falcons in SB 51. The display is life-sized, and puts you on the ground level. It's a photograph, designed with Jules' helmet and gloves extending out of it cradling that football. According to the curator I spokewith, that football is the actual one from that play.

I spent a couple hours there, but it didn't prepare me for the final display. You go down this little corridor, turn the corner, and there it is: All six SB trophies. Took my breath away. I will admit to getting a bit emotional there.As someone who has followed this team since 74, and been through all the heartbreak, seeing all those trophies together seemed to validate my fanboy years.

While there, I also took the opportunity to have my image taken with the Ty Law HOF bust.

Afterward, I went around to the Pro Shop and as I went through the door, my wallet began to weep. BUT......, I got some cool Pats gear, including a new ball cap, a Belichick hoodie, a couple Pats footballs for gifts, etc.

I highly recommend visiting when the team is a way, as it gives you the chance to see everything at your leisure.

Here's my image with 24's bust. :cool:

TIM24.jpg

That’s awesome, Gwedd. Lots of great advice in your post, dude. Hope you had a blast.

Awesome. What a great idea to go when they’re out of town... check the whole place out! Thanks for sharing. :)

On a side note, did you once pose for Quantum Mechanic’s old avatar? :)

It's amazing to see what Kraft and Co have done with that area.

For me, two things that stood out in the PHoF were the check RK wrote to buy the Pats, and the John Deere sweeper hanging from the ceiling.

BTW they just announced a new exhibit at the PHoF this week. Something about the meaning of “Dynasty”. Sounds like it goes into great detail. I can only imagine how nauseous that must make other teams’ fans!

It's amazing to see what Kraft and Co have done with that area.

For me, two things that stood out in the PHoF were the check RK wrote to buy the Pats, and the John Deere sweeper hanging from the ceiling.

Yeah, so many things to see. It's almost overwhelming when you first go through the door. Actually, when you come out of the elevator, in order to start the exhibits, you have to go down a corridor designed like the canopy he team comes out of onto the field, complete with music and the announcer's voice. Pretty cool way to start the whole tour.

Well done Gwedd, but posting your photo prompts the question, 'Why no photos of the women?'

"Met some great women at one of the bars, who insisted on buying me drinks if I danced with them."

upload_2019-10-20_11-30-41.png

Awesome. What a great idea to go when they’re out of town... check the whole place out! Thanks for sharing. :)

On a side note, did you once pose for Quantum Mechanic’s old avatar? :)
Thought the same thing
You're an old man Gwedd

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes