PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill O’Brien fired

About 3 or 4 seasons too late.

I have no idea what kind of a person Obrien really is but my perception is he’s a jerk. A mean one at that.

Billy should have stayed at Diddler St.

Allowing BOB & a clergyman to make personnel decisions is a baffling move. Ownership should look at themselves.
And a back-stabbibg hypocrite clergyman at that...
There are a lot of people down here in Atlanta who are butthurt Dan Quinn wasn't the first to go
He very well might be the second one to go...
I thought Patricia would get fired first.
...unless Fatt Matt beats him to it...

Winning record 5 out of 6 seasons. Really tough schedule to start the season. Finding someone better will be harder than they think.

I think they fired Bill the GM.

Not Bill the coach.

Unfortunately, Bill made himself both coach and GM.

I think they fired Bill the GM.

Not Bill the coach.

Unfortunately, Bill made himself both coach and GM.

Well, it wasn't Bill the GM who blew a 24-0 lead in the playoffs.

I would've expected Easterby to get fired the same time as BOB, so it's crazy to me that Easterby is getting a promotion out of this deal. It'll be interesting to see if he tears everything down to build his draft pick stock back up. They're not keeping Cooks for $12 million next season, so I wonder if he could be a good ~$5 million, 10-game rental to upgrade Byrd in the "sprint down the field 30 times" role.

Fuller (contract year) is probably less likely, and they've been trying to trade Kenny Stills for months. And hey, I'm not sure JJ Watt is guaranteed to stick around at $17.5 million next season either, so maybe they should trade him away now too.

I would've expected Easterby to get fired the same time as BOB, so it's crazy to me that Easterby is getting a promotion out of this deal. It'll be interesting to see if he tears everything down to build his draft pick stock back up. They're not keeping Cooks for $12 million next season, so I wonder if he could be a good ~$5 million, 10-game rental to upgrade Byrd in the "sprint down the field 30 times" role.

Fuller (contract year) is probably less likely, and they've been trying to trade Kenny Stills for months. And hey, I'm not sure JJ Watt is guaranteed to stick around at $17.5 million next season either, so maybe they should trade him away now too.
That guy is such a snake. Amazing how far playing a football Joel Osteen can get you.

There are a lot of people down here in Atlanta who are butthurt Dan Quinn wasn't the first to go
I thought Patricia would get fired first.
To think, the Jete had things all lined up to fire Gaze after Thursday's loss, but didn't pull the trigger.

It makes one wonder which team (HOU, ATL, DET, NYJ and even NYG) are in the worst position.

If the Jete were smart they'd cut their losses on Darnit and go full tank on Lawrence, but we all know da Jete are not smart.

That guy is such a snake. Amazing how far playing a football Joel Osteen can get you.
Easterby is now helping the Texan ownership in their search for a new coach. How does a "chaplain" and the life coach of a team three years ago now become the top man? BOB must have realized by now the consequences of making his bed with a snake.
I am assuming (and so glad) BB saw through Easterby's act and did not renew his contract. Do you think Nick Caserio is thankful Patriots would not release him from his contract to go to the Texans?

BOB was always a fraud.

His personnel moves gave off really strong Chip Kelly in Philly vibes.

Maybe Easterby can talk them into hiring Mangini so they can create the ultimate two faced back stabbing duo!!!

BB should try and pick that roster clean while the “life coach” is in charge.

Easterby is now helping the Texan ownership in their search for a new coach. How does a "chaplain" and the life coach of a team three years ago now become the top man? BOB must have realized by now the consequences of making his bed with a snake.
I am assuming (and so glad) BB saw through Easterby's act and did not renew his contract. Do you think Nick Caserio is thankful Patriots would not release him from his contract to go to the Texans?
I would guess the same way Joel Osteen is able to make millions "teaching" people to be more like a guy who told his followers to sell their possessions to help the needy. Easterby seems to have some network of minions working for him as well. There was that rumor he was able to get out there (then deny publicly) that he left because of the Kraft massage parlor ordeal when others claimed that he left because he wanted to be VP of football ops and they said no. He is a con man who is power hungry and I would almost guarantee he helped pave the way for O'Brien to be canned.

Jack Easterby is truly a ****ensian type character isn't he? His name even exudes that greasy, oily, repugnant feeling that literally rolls off their backs in the books...

Easterby still slithering around. Canned their PR director because she isn't a "culture fit".

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back