PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2024 WR/PTP Thread

Ahh, and my binkie wr from Colorado st also returning for another year. Boooo

Nico Collins (3rd round) and Puka Nacua (5th round) say don't get hung up on 1st round WR. Plenty good ones later on.

Nico Collins (3rd round) and Puka Nacua (5th round) say don't get hung up on 1st round WR. Plenty good ones later on.
St. Brown too....Not to state the obvious, but there are so many good WRS today (in part because of the rules...Feels like every year is a good WR class and a below average CB class....So hard to be an good-elite CB

Rams WR scouts definitely deserve kudus. Kupp followed by Nacua. Unbelievable.
They drafted Kupp in 2017. It’s not like it was back to back or anything. However, still make the Pats look inept since they haven’t had a big hit on anything receiving since Edelman and Gronk.

Rams WR scouts definitely deserve kudus. Kupp followed by Nacua. Unbelievable.
The big question is how much would Nacua have seen the field in TC/Preseason/Reg if Kupp wasn't injured? Puka reminds me of Jakobi with actual top end speed. I'm absolutely impressed by the way he goes in motion then sometimes immediately cuts upfield after the snap instead of rounding out the run.

This is an example of letting a rookie or young player make mistakes. His drop % was sky high mid season and is still very high for the season (13 drops on 160 targets for 8.1% drop rate). If someone drops a pass while wide open (like Reagor or TT)... go to them SOON after instead of banishing them to not getting another target.

Reported on Heavy site

"Higgins, the No. 2 receiver behind Ja’Marr Chase for the rival Bengals, played out the fourth and final year on his $8.7 million rookie contract in 2023. Spotrac projects his market value at $74.4 million ($18.6 million annually) over a new four-year deal."

Reported on Heavy site

"Higgins, the No. 2 receiver behind Ja’Marr Chase for the rival Bengals, played out the fourth and final year on his $8.7 million rookie contract in 2023. Spotrac projects his market value at $74.4 million ($18.6 million annually) over a new four-year deal."
That doesn't seem so bad compared to JuJu or Parker

Reported on Heavy site

I don’t care, time to get up to speed with the rest of the NFL. When he’s targeted and not playing 2nd fiddle to Chase he’s a beast. Let’s bring in 2024 right. Make a splash.

Reported on Heavy site

I just don't understand this site's fondness for Higgins. Almost reminds me of the nearly universal love of the Parker trade a few years ago (or Allen Robinson even earlier), but I was absolutely certain that Parker was gonna bust despite my great hope of being wrong (which is easy because I'm wrong a fair amount). Imho, this'd be a waste of money. 55% catch rate? Almost 10% drop rate? Injuries? Mediocre separation throughout his career? Put the money to the OL (pass/run block).

Related note - Congrats to Parker for getting last in separation 4 years in a row. Still can't believe he got an extension. It's not allll his fault, but multiple teams and 4 years in a row... then it's mostly the dang player.

Last edited:
That doesn't seem so bad compared to JuJu or Parker

$18.6M versus $6M for Parker seems like a big gap to me. Parker's problem is that he is always injured like JimmyG.

$18.6M versus $8.5M doesn't seem so bad compared to JJSS's production.

Eventually we have to draft a couple of amazing WRs or pay the money in FA.

It all starts with us improving the offensive line. Resign onwenu and then sign the two Jackson boys, then we need a qb and receivers.

$18.6M versus $6M for Parker seems like a big gap to me. Parker's problem is that he is always injured like JimmyG.

$18.6M versus $8.5M doesn't seem so bad compared to JJSS's production.

As far as waste of money, the ratio of 18.6 to 8.5 doesn't seem as bed in this context: TH had 42rec 656 yds 5TD and JSS had 29rec 260yds 1TD in fewer games. The year before, their stats were very similar.

As far as waste of money, the ratio of 18.6 to 8.5 doesn't seem as bed in this context: TH had 42rec 656 yds 5TD and JSS had 29rec 260yds 1TD in fewer games. The year before, their stats were very similar.
No they were not similar. 74 reception for 1029 yards 7 tds in 22 is not similar. You are so black and white on evaluations. Consider outside the stats for once. 74 1029 sharing duties beside one of the best wr’s in Jamar Chase. Some of his best games were when Chase went down and he took over the number 1 spot. This year the whole team got off to a slow start and then once things got going Burrow went down with injury.

No they were not similar. 74 reception for 1029 yards 7 tds in 22 is not similar. You are so black and white on evaluations. Consider outside the stats for once. 74 1029 sharing duties beside one of the best wr’s in Jamar Chase. Some of his best games were when Chase went down and he took over the number 1 spot. This year the whole team got off to a slow start and then once things got going Burrow went down with injury.
Yes they were. JSS had Kelce (110rec 1338yds 12TDs - Chase had 87rec 1046yds 9TDs). Take a look at the 2022 Cleveland game when Chase was 1st out. The Bengals offense was absolutely useless until garbage time. The next 3 games they did kinda figure it out, but is it the #1 overall QB pick or the WR? I'm going with the former.

Edit: I watched that CLE/CIN game live and was amazed at how Higgins was totally taken out until late. This is 2 weeks after Zappe totally undressed the Browns.

Last edited:
It all starts with us improving the offensive line. Resign onwenu and then sign the two Jackson boys, then we need a qb and receivers.
I’ve seen you post this a couple of times, I have no idea who the two Jackson boys are. Care to elaborate about who they are and why they will solve the Pats current fiasco at OT?

I’ve seen you post this a couple of times, I have no idea who the two Jackson boys are. Care to elaborate about who they are and why they will solve the Pats current fiasco at OT?
My bad!

I meant the two Jonah boys.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back