PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2024 WR/PTP Thread

All of all the would be tackles last year only 2 started at LT. Wanya Morris drafted in the 3rd round and Jaelyn Duncan drafted in the 6th.
And Carter Warren at both tackle spots. Fourth-rounder taken with our original 120 by the Jets that we gave up along with 186–damn foolish mistake—who had first or second round grades going into his senior season at U of Pittsburgh until derailed by an injury.

So he fell a couple of rounds.

Much better value than a kicker Bill nabbed at 112. All that to move up eight spots because of rash impatience.

Might consider that the final nail in BB’s Patriots’ career with Chad Ryland performing so poorly and the guy HE DID NOT BEAT OUT, Nick Folk, having a wonderful season with the Titans.

I’m still miffed by it. We desperately needed a quality young backup to inconsistent Trent Brown and the team was held hostage in 2022 by the need for a RT. Mediocre McDermott rose the bar from putrid Wynn (LG, anyone?) and awful Marcus Cannon.

SoDawand Jones in the third instead of hybrid redundant Mapu.

A luxury pick when we were living down and out in the trailer park.

Imagine where we’d be today with Carter Warren competing at LT and Dawand Jones at RT. A much much better place than we are with Ryland and Mapu.

And Carter Warren at both tackle spots. Fourth-rounder taken with our original 120 by the Jets that we gave up along with 186–damn foolish mistake—who had first or second round grades going into his senior season at U of Pittsburgh until derailed by an injury.

Much better value than a kicker Bill nabbed at 112. All that to move up eight spots because of rash impatience.

Might consider that the final nail in BB’s Patriots’ career with Chad Ryland performing so poorly and the guy HE DID NOT BEAT OUT, Nick Folk, having a wonderful season with the Titans.

I’m still miffed by it. We desperately needed a quality young backup to inconsistent Trent Brown and the team was held hostage in 2022 by the need for a RT. Mediocre McDermott rose the bar from putrid Wynn (LG, anyone?) and awful Marcus Cannon.

Imagine where we’d be today with Carter Warren competing at LT and Dawand Jones at RT. A much much better place than we are with Ryland and Mapu.

I agree but you can play the hindsight draft game with any team's selections. That is why BGC posts his rankings and challenges others to do the same. Everyone makes mistakes, and some people feel the need to always criticize, but the people who have perfect draft hindsight never post their draft grades ahead of time.

:mad:

Just sickening look at the Rams got a First Round Talent in the 5th Puka Nacua with little Draft capital. :rolleyes:

6-7 WR Johnny Wilson what's peoples take?? I see him as move TE in the NFL wouldn't touch him before Day 3. I think he can add more to his frame he seems slow as a WR won't leave anybody in the dust.

Malachi Corley, is getting some attention with multiple draftniks saying his comp is Deebo.
I watched him in the bowl game they played against La Tech I think. Dude is a total doppelgänger for Deebo Samuel. Plays a lot like him too.

Malachi Corley in the fourth or fifth round. Book it.

I know People love Harrison Jr but I wouldn't take him at 2 or 3. This WR class is just too Strong that would not be wise. There's going be some Solid WRs at the Top of Round 2. We First grab the QB then a WR.
@State I have changed my stance on that I'm taking Harrison Jr @ 3 if available.:cool:

Regarding Harrison, I don't trust the analysis when words like "generational" become routine about a guy. There are a handful of guys that could dramatically improve the WR room. I'm for quantity on the position this year. The draft is too much of a crapshoot on skill guys.

I watched him in the bowl game they played against La Tech I think. Dude is a total doppelgänger for Deebo Samuel. Plays a lot like him too.

Malachi Corley in the fourth or fifth round. Book it.
Mock Database has him ~Rd 3 with the recent 2 (CBS/PFN) putting him in the 1st! His measurables may be a big factor here.

Mock Database has him ~Rd 3 with the recent 2 (CBS/PFN) putting him in the 1st! His measurables may be a big factor here.
Well, I just had a good laugh thinking Belichick were still calling the shots. He trades back in the first. The Patriots pick in the first? Malachi Corley!

Just sickening look at the Rams got a First Round Talent in the 5th Puka Nacua with little Draft capital. :rolleyes:
You guys are going to have an aneurysm with this stuff.

Half the league passed on Puka 5x. Let's face it, this is just like winning at roulette. Nacua is 1 in a 100 (I don't play roulette so I don't really know the odds, heh).

Well, I just had a good laugh thinking Belichick were still calling the shots. He trades back in the first. The Patriots pick in the first? Malachi Corley!
Except for the fact that when Belichick picked in the first 20, he never traded out of that area and always ended up with a good player (not one bust) until Mac jones

You guys are going to have an aneurysm with this stuff.

Half the league passed on Puka 5x. Let's face it, this is just like winning at roulette. Nacua is 1 in a 100 (I don't play roulette so I don't really know the odds, heh).
We know BB wouldn't even if He had a hunch he would find a way to Trade up for terrible Special Teamer. :rolleyes:

Wat do we think of Xavier Worthy in Texas?

He's skinny, like someone else we know. Explosive speed and good stats for Texas this year.

He's been getting some criticism from scouts. Might fall unless his combine numbers become too much for some schlub GMs. Hope that's not our analytic guys who make that mistake.

His teammate however, Adonai Mitchell, is very nice.

We know BB wouldn't even if He had a hunch he would find a way to Trade up for terrible Special Teamer. :rolleyes:
Yes, because Belichick has never found a Demario Douglas, Julian Edelman or David Givens in the late rounds!!!

Nacua is nice. He is not in Edelman's category yet.

Yes, because Belichick has never found a Demario Douglas, Julian Edelman or David Givens in the late rounds!!!

I think he already have a head start Jules had to learn how to play WR. Puka don't have that problem to start.

Eyeroll Ugh GIF

Anyway, I came here because I've been watching Texas A&Ms Ainias Smith. Go see some videos of this kid.

He is small, but he is tough as they come. If you're looking for a slot guy willing to go over the middle, he's your man. And he runs the ball from the backfield a lot. This kid looks like a good gadget player, might even be an Edelman type. He seems to run great routes.

In short, he's a football player. Isn't slow but doesn't have great speed at a reported 4.45. Smaller size at 5'9" 190.

He's worth a 5th.

Put him out there with a blazer on the boundaries and let him and Demario feast in the middle of the field,

I heard a poster said this and I am giving it credence "Troy Brown not BB found Pop Douglas." Seems like BB found Boutte he plays like Harry and Thornton. :rolleyes:

I heard a poster said this and I am giving it credence "Troy Brown not BB found Pop Douglas." Seems like BB found Boutte he plays like Harry and Thornton. :rolleyes:
Yes, every bad pick was BBs. Every good pick was someone else's. And Troy Brown found a kid on a team ranked in the Top 25; no one else saw him because no one watches teams ranked in the top 25.

Yes, every bad pick was BBs. Every good pick was someone else's. And Troy Brown found a kid on a team ranked in the Top 25; no one else saw him because no one watches teams ranked in the top 25.
You say the nicest things. :)

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back