PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2023 WR/PTP Thread

Where did you find these guys?!? And yes I do hope that Bill is more aggressive in the UDFA market than he was last year.
TBH, I just went to RAS and went down the 2023 WR list on the 1st page from the top score looking for those with good Shut+Cone. After the fact, I saw Phil Perry mention Chrest. Texans actually met with him as former OC of SHSU was a Texans coach previously.

Billy tonight: Reeceevers? Mac don't need no steenkeeng reeceevers! (Or protection either, apparently)

Lots of talent still available. My favorites...

Rakim Jarrett - excellent slot guy

Jalen Moreno-Cropper(I'd even try getting his QB Haener)

Jadon Haselwood - big target for the redzone

From a track history standpoint, not a lot to get excited about except Tre Tucker (and a few others below), who ran a 10.41 100m (no wind gauge) and supposedly a 4.29 40 laser. This little dude is my guy for the draft. Sauce got a lot reps against him in practice on purpose to prepare for speed guys.

Bruce Feldman: "Tucker clocked a 4.29 40, broad-jumped 10-10 and vertical-jumped 36 1/2 inches. He’s also very powerful for his size, squatting 600 pounds and doing 16 reps of 225 on the bench." Edit: also wrestled in HS which is part of why he went to UCin (Fickell wrestled as well).

Check out his nice catch against 1st Rnd (14th) draft pick Bal/Notre Dame's Kyle Hamilton (6'4" 220lbs - a dude who forced an Agholor fumble this year) at 4:21. Also had a solid block against him in this game (although there may have been a hold...)

Third Round (#100) for Tre Tucker? Seriously, Vegas? Sigh.

Billy tonight: Reeceevers? Mac don't need no steenkeeng reeceevers! (Or protection either, apparently)

I KNEW you'd be complaining like you always do.

No TEs? Isn’t this a deep class for them?

Matt Sokol is thinking he might just make it another year.

Lots of talent still available. My favorites...

Rakim Jarrett - excellent slot guy

Jalen Moreno-Cropper(I'd even try getting his QB Haener)

Jadon Haselwood - big target for the redzone

I liked Jarrett also, and would've chosen him over Douglas because of the height/size advantage with the same 40-time but with a superior 10-split and at a higher level of competition... Very surprised he wasn't drafted at all.

I liked Jarrett also, and would've chosen him over Douglas because of the height/size advantage with the same 40-time but with a superior 10-split and at a higher level of competition... Very surprised he wasn't drafted at all.

Gee. Maybe Jarrett wasn't drafted because he has issues with drops. I mean, you'd be whining about that if he was here. 8 drops against 40 receptions. Are you serious? How can you be surprised he wasn't drafted when he's really not a good prospect.

Issues with Jarret:
- Drops
- undisciplined Route Running
- Not a lot of YAC
- his YPC has gone down each year in college.

1683438455090.png

0.01 of a second is not "SUPERIOR" in any way, shape or form.

Douglas has better explosion (better vertical and broad). Jarrett not doing the shuttle and 3-cone probably hurt his stock.
Douglas also half the drops on twice the receptions. Douglas' reception total INCREASED year after year. In fact, most reports and videos mention that Douglas was pretty much the ONLY receiving threat on Liberty. Many teams tried to double him and he STILL improved. OH. And the kid is tough. Like Edelman was.

But, yeah. YOU keep beating your ridiculous drum. Every year, more and more people see you for what you really are.

Man, Puka Nacua with his 11.01 100m in HS put him juusssst outside of my list. I had probably debated putting him on there. You look at his measurables (1.62 / 2.64 / 4.57) as underwhelming, but you know that speed (not mind blowing but it's something) is there.

Man, Puka Nacua with his 11.01 100m in HS put him juusssst outside of my list. I had probably debated putting him on there. You look at his measurables (1.62 / 2.64 / 4.57) as underwhelming, but you know that speed (not mind blowing but it's something) is there.

Yeah didn't Nacua get injured during the combine and then have a pedestrian pro day? You had to figure that was gonna cost him a top-150 spot, especially because he didn't produce much at all his first two college seasons, at Washington.

3 tier 4 prospects on BGC’s list ended up being some of the best finds by teams in later rounds. Puca was sensational and Tank Dell was a beast until he got injured late. Luckily Pats were able to land Demario Douglas who definitely showed some promise.

Take a bow.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back