PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2023 WR/PTP Thread

I think we need a slot guy. Perry reeks JAG to me.
I know the Patriots really like Zay Flowers he payed in our backyard but he's definitely a First Rounder now. That said IF Potential guys like Cedric Tillman or AT Perry is on their Draft Board they could get either guy in the Second I'm just saying. :cool:

I want us to get and develop a Big WR in my lifetime DB.
Dont Count On It Michael Sheen GIF by Showtime

I’m shocked Jacob Copeland, the Maryland WR with decent size and very good speed, hasn’t been talked of more. He wants it.

I can see him being a mid to late round pick but having a productive career.

Last edited:
I know the Patriots really like Zay Flowers he payed in our backyard but he's definitely a First Rounder now. That said IF Potential guys like Cedric Tillman or AT Perry is on their Draft Board they could get either guy in the Second I'm just saying. :cool:
I think Tillman or Perry should be available in the third. The third is the sweet spot for the Pats to draft a receiver imo.

From doing a ton of mocks it seems like the best players available aren’t receivers at 14 and 46. At 14 corner or ot make more sense unless JSN is there. At 46 I expect the top 5 receivers to be gone (I think Downs won’t be available and he’s the last of tier 2 of receivers imo).

I predict the Pats will have their choice of at least some of Perry , Tillman, Mingo, Wilson and Tank Dell at 76.

I’m shocked Jacob Copeland, the Maryland WR with decent size and very good speed, hasn’t been talked of more. He wants it.

Is he the guy whose Mom stormed off the stage when he didn't commit to Alabama?

I'd take Mingo at 76, honestly
Thats a tough one for me and I guess would depend on who’s available.

So many variables with this guy. College production was derailed by broken foot in jr year, played 13 games last year, bad qb play could be attributed to lack of production. Obvious best blocker in draft, ras is great, ceiling is there.

Comparisons vary from AJ Brown,Dj Metcalf all the way down to Sanu and Harry with good reason. Tape is all over the place. He looks like all four of them at times.

But the plus plus of this kid is what he showed at the senior bowl with real talent around him. Man amongst boys type of player when it counted.

Definitely rising up the draft boards it seems. Was hoping to get him at 107 but 76 may not secure a spot here. He is no secret anymore. If they miss out I’d be good with Bryce Ford Wheaton later on.

Is he the guy whose Mom stormed off the stage when he didn't commit to Alabama?
I think so. Jacob Copeland went to Florida. After some years transferred to Maryland for his last year.

Nearly 6 feet, ran a 4.42. Decent production at the SEC and Big Ten. He’s a dude. Maryland is sending some dudes to the league.

Mommas got to be ignored for business. Don’t blame the son for her hissy fit.

That’s sad and selfish. That Momma. Amazin’. I’m starting to think Jesse Lee Peterson is on to something calling women of the devil.

Rakim Jarrett & Dontay Demus grabbed all the attention there; so I wouldn't be shocked if he's still available as a UDFA.

Forget bottom of the barrel - these are the dudes that seeped below that but are Pro Day warriors and may be UDFA flyers. I'm curious whether or not these guys make it:

Sy Barnett - 6'/190 DII
4.39 (1.57), 4.13 shut, 6.68 3cone, 40VJ, 10'11" Broad

Also kicked FGs in college and even punted as well (can kick with both legs for fg and punt)
Shattered fibula around Covid
11.43 100m in 10th grade
6'6" HJ
22'3" LJ (maybe 22'10"?)

>>>>

Cody Chrest - 6'0.2"/193
4.38 (1.46!!), 4.12shut, 6.77 3cone, 38VJ, 10'5" Broad

Went to Harvard graduated in 2020 - just got MBA from SHSU
Hmmm - torn labrum and AC sprain before last season, I believe
Talk about a guy who refuses to give up on his dream

Last edited:
Forget bottom of the barrel - these are the dudes that seeped below that but are Pro Day warriors and may be UDFA flyers. I'm curious whether or not these guys make it:

Sy Barnett - 6'/190 DII
4.39 (1.57), 4.13 shut, 6.68 3cone, 40VJ, 10'11" Broad

Also kicked FGs in college and even punted as well (can kick with both legs for fg and punt)
Shattered fibula around Covid
11.43 100m in 10th grade
6'6" HJ
22'3" LJ (maybe 22'10"?)

>>>>

Cody Chrest - 6'0.2"/193
4.38 (1.46!!), 4.12shut, 6.77 3cone, 38VJ, 10'5" Broad

Went to Harvard graduated in 2020 - just got MBA from SHSU
Hmmm - torn labrum and AC sprain before last season, I believe
Talk about a guy who refuses to give up on his dream

Where did you find these guys?!? And yes I do hope that Bill is more aggressive in the UDFA market than he was last year.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back