PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2024 WR/PTP Thread

I know People love Harrison Jr but I wouldn't take him at 2 or 3. This WR class is just too Strong that would not be wise. There's going be some Solid WRs at the Top of Round 2. We First grab the QB then a WR.

Why is nobody talking about Rome Adunze?? Also South Carolina have two nice ones Wells j.r. and Legette.
I've been indirectly watching Legette from SC because I've been watching trackstar Nyck Harbour from there. XL is fast! Problem is he's looking like late 1st Rnd unless he tests poorly - which he might as a tall guy.

Edit: Info maybe only of interest to me (to look back months/years from now), but frame by frame analysis, I roughly get 265 steps per minute at 7.4' per step, which is exactly 22.28mph, so it checks out. This guy might be my new draft Beankie, assuming he tests poorly. If he's in the 4.3x, then it'll be "the next DK" all over the place.

Last edited:
I've been indirectly watching Legette from SC because I've been watching trackstar Nyck Harbour from there. XL is fast! Problem is he's looking like late 1st Rnd unless he tests poorly - which he might as a tall guy.

Some guys said Legette got up to a Top speed of 23 that's fast!

I know People love Harrison Jr but I wouldn't take him at 2 or 3. This WR class is just too Strong that would not be wise. There's going be some Solid WRs at the Top of Round 2. We First grab the QB then a WR.
If the QB isn’t there they want why wouldn’t you take him? TO, Chase, Fitzgerald etc. there is some solid talent at wr in the draft but why risk it? Harrison and Nabers are pretty much can’t miss prospects. If you don’t pick them who will be available at wr with pick 34? Obviously the Patriots draft record at wr is abysmal and needs a can’t miss. Edbuka, Coleman, Odunze are probably gone.

I love Legette possible right there, Franklin or Worthy maybe? They could be special but I’d rather have explosive performances from day 1.

Still got the senior bowl and combine, pro days etc…...

Another thing about Legette, he's built like the anti-Tyquan Thornton. Should be able to take NFL type punishment. Love it if he drops to round 2.

Been having fun with nflmockdraftdatabase since its free. It appears to me that WR talent can slip to the second round, and possibly some QBs. Offensive tackles will be wiped out in the first round.
Caleb Williams.jpg Take MHJ.jpg Trade and get JD.jpg

Jayden Daniels @34 in what world I don't think he passes #10 overall. FTR: I wouldn't take Harrison Jr or any WR so early in a very Deep WR Draft.
In the world of that draft. He fell. Once you get to #15, no one else needs a quarterback. That's the beauty of the draft. Most teams are NOT going to draft a QB in the 1st round.

This is the same reason that Aaron Rodgers, Brett Farve and Dan Marino fell.

Most of the playoff teams are not looking for a new QB.

As for Harrison, and the 1st round WRs, there are always a ton of busts. 65% of the guys going in the 1st 2 rounds will bust. Who is going to flame out? Odunze, Coleman, Nabers, Egbuka? Two of these guys are going to be the new Treylon Burks and Quentin Johnston. Whereas Marvin Harrison is a sure thing.

In the world of that draft. He fell. Once you get to #15, no one else needs a quarterback. That's the beauty of the draft. Most teams are NOT going to draft a QB in the 1st round.

This is the same reason that Aaron Rodgers, Brett Farve and Dan Marino fell.

Most of the playoff teams are not looking for a new QB.

As for Harrison, and the 1st round WRs, there are always a ton of busts. 65% of the guys going in the 1st 2 rounds will bust. Who is going to flame out? Odunze, Coleman, Nabers, Egbuka? Two of these guys are going to be the new Treylon Burks and Quentin Johnston. Whereas Marvin Harrison is a sure thing.
I am looking at Teams that could go QB We are obvious also the Giants and Raiders. Teams that could go either way the Jets - Chicago - Washington and Pittsburgh. The QB's I like is this order are Williams - Daniels - Penix Jr and Nix. I want no part of May and McCarthy I maybe be judging May wrongfully though hope he proves me wrong.

Obviously Harrison and his body of work has been super impressive. Stroud left for the NFL and he was stuck with goober this QB and still had a great season despite being double teamed.

Nabers has got be one of the best consolation prizes in the last 20 years at the position. Honestly, he had Daniels and I imagine Harrison would of tore it up at LSU as well. But as far as explosive, Nabers looks every bit of J Chase as we’ve seen. 171 yards and td vs ka McKinstry. 146 and 1td vs Kris Draine.

Granted he also had Brian Thomas lining up opposite and Harrison had Egbuka who are both fantastic propsects as well.

Obviously Harrison and his body of work has been super impressive. Stroud left for the NFL and he was stuck with goober this QB and still had a great season despite being double teamed.

Nabers has got be one of the best consolation prizes in the last 20 years at the position. Honestly, he had Daniels and I imagine Harrison would of tore it up at LSU as well. But as far as explosive, Nabers looks every bit of J Chase as we’ve seen. 171 yards and td vs ka McKinstry. 146 and 1td vs Kris Draine.

Granted he also had Brian Thomas lining up opposite and Harrison had Egbuka who are both fantastic propsects as well.
I like Odunze a lot also.

Not my kinda guy, but one of Zap's former weapons at WKU, Malachi Corley, is getting some attention with multiple draftniks saying his comp is Deebo.

Not my kinda guy, but one of Zap's former weapons at WKU, Malachi Corley, is getting some attention with multiple draftniks saying his comp is Deebo.
I have watched him some he's on people's radar.

Keon Coleman!!

Not sure how I got here, but I'm 100% sold on Marvin Harrison Jr. as my 1st pick for the Patriots. I honest to Universe hope that he bombs the combine and runs a 4.5 or something (or heaven forbid the Pats lose out), as I am really sold on this guy, especially if I believe PatMissle and Ring6 on their eval on the OSU QB. The last WR the Pats got from that school, which happened to be in the 1st round, got 90 rec / 1132yds / 6TD in the his rookie season (in 15 games) and helped turn the Pats from 6-10 (with HoF Favorite Martian and multiple All Pro Coates) to 11-5 in a single season. I am aaallll in (asśuming he actually declares)... and treat him like a frickin' Bugatti... comme une Voiture Noire.

Washington seems to have some nice Wide Receivers along with their QB.
I haven't really looked at Penix, but getting him and Odunze might not be the worst idea. They have 2 years of practice and game reps together, and it could be similar to a Burrow/Chase dynamic and the only somewhat realistic option for drafting a QB/WR combo besides Nix/Franklin.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back