PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

My favorite poster during the off-season. Thanks for the great work as always.
Thanks Bacon!

I used your spreadsheet last year as a guide on the players as I did some simulated mock drafts, research, etc that I do every year to learn about the players. Your chart helped me fall in love with AJ Brown and Cesar Ruiz hehe
Appreciate it thank you!

Moore is quite the playmaker and often the forgotten man in this class. He's dynamite on the field. He definitely rivals Waddle in terms of acceleration, top end speed and elusiveness. He's a bull too. Built like a brick ****house and has np lowering his shoulder. And plays with that fire you love to see. Tone setter. Field stretcher both ways, vertical and horizontal. Moore is that weapon every team wants and can align anywhere bc he can track the ball and has decent hands. Definitely room for improvement but again, utilize him right and it's not a problem unless you're expectations are unreal. Give him 3-4 targets from the slot, wide. 2-3 in motion, backfield. He's a worker in the weight room, 600+ squat and broke out at a young age. Moore will be in play when talking about the "big three" come draft time imo. Oh and he's a baby, 20 years old come draft time. He's someone that can help in 2021 and someone we can develop. Get to know the name.

He would be a great piece if you need to rebuild your offense. Just the versatility he brings to an offense should give you lots of different formations and plays. Also that kind of speed and tougness combination is rare and defenses need to fear that. Lots of potential mismatches the OC can create. Doubt he lasts until our 2 round pick but would pick him in a second if he's still there

Rough value around 5th. I think Shelvin will be coveted bc that part of the IDL class is thin.
Shelvin i would think he is a late second to third rd. prospect. NT is an important piece for the overall defense and when you look at every position the NT requires the most things like strength that kind of stuff, most physical position
Raekwon Davis to Miami last year in the second was also more of a run stopper went end of second somewhere i think
Slaton is goes probably behind Shelvin Davis and McNeil i would guess

IMG_20210104_100434.jpg

Our pick is roughly worth 1150-1200 and our second is worth around 450. That would be enough for 6-7 overall. Of course we'll likely be paying more if we really wanted to move up but it wouldn't be an outrageous move that requires us to unload of chest.

Our pick is roughly worth 1150-1200 and our second is worth around 450. That would be enough for 6-7 overall. Of course we'll likely be paying more if we really wanted to move up but it wouldn't be an outrageous move that requires us to unload of chest.
Just out of curiosity, who would you personally consider moving up to 6/7 if that prospect is still available?

Just out of curiosity, who would you personally consider moving up to 6/7 if that prospect is still available?
Only a QB. Was just throwing it out there. I'd only take a freak like a Mario Williams, Myles Garrett or a QB. Just not worth it for anyone else. Maybe if we're stacked and luck into a lottery pick but I think top ten picks are exclusively for QB's or freaks of nature. Maybe a Sewell if he fell 8-10 but yea mostly QB or trade down in the top ten.

Saw a complete player this. Someone who can slice, pursue and keep his outside shoulder clean in the run game. Contain, set the edge. Someone with a plan and decent variety of moves attacking the WB. + motor, hands and athleticism. He's a freak.

Saw a complete player this. Someone who can slice, pursue and keep his outside shoulder clean in the run game. Contain, set the edge. Someone with a plan and decent variety of moves attacking the WB. + motor, hands and athleticism. He's a freak.

he looks like a good value at 15 if he tests well and not like the statue combine of epenesa

Day 2/3 prospect with world-class speed. Easily one of the fastest players in the country. This is loaded.

And it is not neccesary but nice that this is also an area of big need where we need a lot of help
I think it helps. Bill doesn't solely go off "need" but he doesn't shy away from it either.

My personal belief is that he waits or selects when value & need meet. I don't believe he's strict BPA (best player available) and he isn't into projects early on although there are a few examples of each. I think he has 7-15 (roughly) prospects each round with roughly the same graded value. Then goes off need, which kid impressed him the most, gut etc

I think it helps. Bill doesn't solely go off "need" but he doesn't shy away from it either.

My personal belief is that he waits or selects when value & need meet. I don't believe he's strict BPA (best player available) and he isn't into projects early on although there are a few examples of each. I think he has 7-15 (roughly) prospects each round with roughly the same graded value. Then goes off need, which kid impressed him the most, gut etc
i think this approach makes the most sense. If you go into the offseason with for example need at NT and you sign one starting caliber and have one as BU, you don't select one early with other players available. It should also depend on the round to me. In the early rounds i would value the "value" more than the need, perfect would be if value and need matches but if you pick at 15 and idk Smith Waddle Pitts is there we shouldn't not draft them just bc we signed a FA there. In the later rounds i would look for need a lot too, cause we need depth players obv and the difference there between value and need is probably small, and the value difference between someone ranked at 180 or 190 isn't as big as someone you ranked at 10 or 15

Ridder has a legit NFL whip. + arm talent at times. Easy gas, tons of velocity. Can drop it in a bucket, lead shoulder - accuracy, placement & touch are Inconsistent but some special passes and you bet on arm talent.
At times beautiful deep ball mechanics. Smooth transfer. Smooth lower half, sturdy base feet intact. Easy delivery, tad long but very pretty. Upper half - throwing motion - arm comes down, is a bit low on intermediate/shorter throws. Lower half works, clean for the most part but it's something he can work on.

Physical runner, has wheels and will use them. Has to protect himself a lot better but he's a big threat on the run and move. NFL speed will catch up with him, no more 40+ yard runs but he can hurt you a lot with his legs. He's a truck and can really pick up yards though. Short, tough yards he could be a real big threat as well.

6'4/215 NFL size, arm & attitude. Nice physique that can take another 10-15 pounds easy.

He produced right out the gate as a true FO. 20/5 & 60+% followed up by 18/9 55% & comp 66% this year. Cinci resembles a NFL more than most college teams. Balanced. They ask him to play mistake free. Very few overall TO and turn it up when it matters the most. With his arm or legs.

Has to improve deep accuracy, keep working on and improving his footwork and pocket awareness/presence. The last two aren't problems just he could improve and he has. He's improved in so many areas since his FO year. That tells me he's actually working and a football player. You don't go from flash/potential to where he is without working hard.

He can throw guys open but could improve his eye manipulation and anticipation in terms of not staring down targets. Wants to put it on his shoulders to win every play but plays great within the structure. Executes his offense and plays the "game manager" part that is actually a great complement of a QB's play imo. That tells me his coaches trust him. He can handle running an RPO/RO scheme and just wants to win. He won't sell out his teammates to make plays.

Trevor Lawrence's best asset might be his ability to throw on the run. Particularly away from his dominant side. That's important. Defenses will try to trap you. Ridder's arm is is whip and can just do different things with it. Mobility and ability to throw on the run are huge.

He came on Cinci around 5'11/190 soaking wet. Big-time growth spurt between FO-SO year. Worked hard in the weight room. Hes a worker in all ways. Study's his film and others. Wants to learn. Vocal about football being a team sport. Wants to win and his college career reflects that. 30+ wins and I know wins aren't a QB stat but I'll use it here anyway. It does reflect well on his play, attitude and growth though. He's grown physically and matured big time. He's still a pup but again wants to learn and has shown big time growth in a short time. Ridder had to work for the starting job from day one. He's shown big-time toughness, both mentally and physically. He's been proving himself every day so he's not taking anything for granted. He'll fight for it.

He's a legit JR so he still has 2 good years to where he can improve, adjust and so on and still have a long career. He's not a finished product by any means. I think some teams will love him once the get close to him after the season.

The thing that sticks out is the fact that his coaches trust him in big moments. Cinci wants to play balanced ball and not take many chances. So he didn't have as many chances to show off but when the game was on the line. High leverage plays/situations. His coaches asked him to make a play.

+ Arm, Intangibles-Tough, Mobile

- Has to work on decision making and improve those mechanics on some passes

First thing I noticed on your 2021 Pats Big Board was Desmond Ritter, Charlie Kolar and Paddy Fisher. Im all in on Ridder.

He'll blow up the combine. Yea he's on the short list of 6-8 players that'll pass the value check.

That is what we need on one end of the D lIne, can set the edge and rush the passer in all situations. Then we compensate on the opposite side with overloads, etc. - compensating on both sides does not really work. Also need a couple of plugs up the middle to allow Guy to kick outside. I am not a draft guy but Paye looks amazing and if @BaconGrundleCandy says he is amazing I am all in. Thanks for the clips - fun to watch - better than the back and forth arguing in other threads.

First thing I noticed on your 2021 Pats Big Board was Desmond Ritter, Charlie Kolar and Paddy Fisher. Im all in on Ridder.
I've been a Ridder guy and think Kolar will be coveted big time. Very athletic big man. Paddy is a Bill special. Just know Bill will like him, Skalski, Bolton. Just not sure how much.

Did you look about his complete college carrier? sorry i don't have his stats in mind, i mean he is injured this season for a lot of games so yeah this hurts but waddle is such a crazy athlete his speed is outragous and you can see him being more of a complete wr than ruggs. I like Smith a lot as wel and would celebrate to get one of them, some think he is to light i don't mind this
I see Waddle as such a versatile tool who can lineup anywhere...the ultimate chess piece for a coach who values versatility probably more than any coach in the league.
Possessed (pre-injury) Edelman-like quickness inside but with elite speed to win footraces on the edge.

I do worry about Smith's frame and would me more reluctant to utilize him inside.........yet he is the Bama WR still motoring while Waddle mends
--------------------------------------------------
Doubt both Waddle & Pitts will still be available at 15 but would love to know Bill's thoughts if he had the opportunity to choose one over the other. Each would elevate his anemic offense.
Waddle the more versatile
Pitts the elusive unicorn too often beyond Bill's reach
-------------------
Would Bill ever draft a little guy at 15?

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back