PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

Considering that Herron was a ROOKIE, he was good. And he was better than Eleumenor was at LT. Herron was SOLID at RT as well. And you are mistaking my saying he's a SWING TACKLE as saying that he's not a starting caliber OT.

BTW, I never said to move Onwenu to LG to let Herron play RT. I said that I believed that Onwenu is destined for LG. I have Onwenu going to LG to replace Thuney. Either because Thuney left or they moved Thuney to Center.

If you're going to comment, the least you could do is actually reference what was ACTUALLY said. Not make garbage up because you can't comprehend what people are talking about.

You've posted multiple times, no mistaking it, of Onwenu going to LG and then Herron starting as a tackle. Makes zero sense to start Herron who was terrible last year at tackle. Maybe instead of evading the issue, why don't you share who you think starts at both tackle spots next year since you keep saying Onwenu to LG ? It makes zero sense to move Onwenu to LG if the more important RT spot, is totally exposed. If Cannon is gone then Onwenu should play RT, not Herron. I think the only scenario Onwenu isn't starting at RT is if Cannon and Wynn are both playing. The interior OLine spots aren't worth putting our best players or paying huge dollars for with the exception of whoever plays at center (Andrews or Thuney).

Yeah.. I did.. have Davis on the mind.. Still surprising that he's got a UDFA ranking. Is this where you have him?
I think I'll have a 7th on Davis.
But Mills is the one you sold me on..

Thanks for the encouragement.. I was doing stretches and core stuff previously since I started playing Rollerhockey again (goalie). Had also been going to the Chiropractor semi-irregularly. Hadn't done massages in awhile.
Definitely good luck
Wonder if they'll give him a higher grade due to the Michigan players already on the team.. If he slipped to day 3, I'd be happy to see him in a Pats uni..
I definitely believe NEP makes the most of scouting trips. We draft teammates a lot and have no problem going back to a school the year or two after if we like what we see. I think it'll play a role bc for some prospects it's the last time we laid eyes on them in person.

At first I was thinking - oh man I hope this speedy little guy makes it on a roster (despite his injury history). Didn't realize he was on some 1st round boards! Another former HS QB.
E Moore, Shi Smith & Atwell will go top 50-60 imo. All are in demand in today's game.

Trade: The Pats snag their franchise QB​

One more trade, again for a quarterback. And that makes five QBs in the top nine picks. To move up six spots, we can keep the comp of the Devin Bush trade. The Patriots would have to send the Broncos at least the No. 15 pick, a second-round pick and a 2022 pick. And I wouldn't be shocked if it took the Pats' 2022 first-rounder to get the deal over the finish line. New England also is expected to add premium compensatory picks for this class, so it could have more ammo to use.

Bill Belichick is known more for trading down in drafts, but the Patriots traded up a couple of times on Day 2 last year to get guys they wanted in Josh Uche and Devin Asiasi. Don't rule out a big move if Belichick & Co. want to get their quarterback of the future.

Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State

Belichick and the Patriots have been quiet this offseason, but that should change soon. They have money to spend in free agency, and they need to find a quarterback. It doesn't appear likely that Cam Newton will return. The veteran QB trade market has dwindled. I could see a Jimmy Garoppolo return to New England, but I'm not sold that he'd be the long-term answer. Lance could be. He started only 17 career games in college -- all against FCS competition -- but he's only 20, and he has all the tools to be a great dual-threat quarterback. Remember that the Patriots have a few players returning after opting out of last season, too, so they could contend in the AFC East again.

You can say a lot about Kiper but he's plugged in when it comes to where a prospect will go in terms of draft spot and has called several picks before.
I'm not even making the case for Lance > Pats just saying it looks like you'll have to trade up in the lottery for a QB.

Disagree about the first part. ETN was the exact same player the past two years and his contact balance has always been great. Also no idea why he brings up Cook when in the next breath talks about ETN as a linear runner. Which he is. Just odd bringing Cool up. Just different players.

Trade: The Pats snag their franchise QB​

One more trade, again for a quarterback. And that makes five QBs in the top nine picks. To move up six spots, we can keep the comp of the Devin Bush trade. The Patriots would have to send the Broncos at least the No. 15 pick, a second-round pick and a 2022 pick. And I wouldn't be shocked if it took the Pats' 2022 first-rounder to get the deal over the finish line. New England also is expected to add premium compensatory picks for this class, so it could have more ammo to use.

Bill Belichick is known more for trading down in drafts, but the Patriots traded up a couple of times on Day 2 last year to get guys they wanted in Josh Uche and Devin Asiasi. Don't rule out a big move if Belichick & Co. want to get their quarterback of the future.

Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State

Belichick and the Patriots have been quiet this offseason, but that should change soon. They have money to spend in free agency, and they need to find a quarterback. It doesn't appear likely that Cam Newton will return. The veteran QB trade market has dwindled. I could see a Jimmy Garoppolo return to New England, but I'm not sold that he'd be the long-term answer. Lance could be. He started only 17 career games in college -- all against FCS competition -- but he's only 20, and he has all the tools to be a great dual-threat quarterback. Remember that the Patriots have a few players returning after opting out of last season, too, so they could contend in the AFC East again.

I saw this and there is absolutely NO F'IN WAY BB trades 3 picks to move up 7 spots. It's not happening. I'll bet Kiper $100.

I doubt it also but want a QB
I just don't see the Pats mortgaging so much. I think that getting someone like Fitzpatrick and then adding a development guy and looking at 2022 where it has such a deep QB draft is more likely.

I just don't see the Pats mortgaging so much. I think that getting someone like Fitzpatrick and then adding a development guy and looking at 2022 where it has such a deep QB draft is more likely.
Love Fitz but we need a connection to that bridge hes building. Maybe Mills but this class ain't deep. That's why I'd love to trade into next year's first if we don't love or can't get a QB this year.

We'll see.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back