PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

The reason I asked is, bc after taking some look on this years top O-Line prospects there are very different views on Rankings etc behind Sewell and Draftspot. I read for example some college scouts view Darrisaw as a second rd. at best, some say he is worth a first and can develop into a starting LT (Russel Okung type). I asked specifically about Darrisaw cause i think Thuney is a goner and we might have a shot at one of the top OT to built the left side with Wynn. Darrisaw looks like a good fit for our scheme to me. You could move Wynn inside or Onwenu inside and let Darrisaw play RT to develop some things like you said awareness and more experience on 1 vs 1. I like his size a lot and if we keep running the football like this he would be huge. Thanks for the Comparison to other OT in this class that would have been my next question.
I currently would say:
Sewell has a good chance to be OT Number 1 off the Board.
Behind Sewell I can see Rashawn Slater. I like him a lot and can see him top 10 as well. Great versality, athletic.
I would view Darrisaw maybe as OT 3 for me, i like AVT a lot as well but would like to see him at LG. He can play tackle at the next level probably as well but i would like to see his athletic pass pro inside. Wouldn't mind to take him either since our pass pro wasn't as good as the run blocking and i think AVT's pass pro is really good, compared with athletic he can stabilize the IOL if thuney leaves. Not a mauler in the run game but we can use his athletic to go to the next level, pull him off to the right side etc..
Behind this i would say Radunz Leatherwood Mayfield can go off the board late first to mid second sth there
I'm looking to keep Wynn outside at almost all cost. Injuries suck but getting rolled up on his just part of the game at his position. If we're moving on from Cannon I want stabilize the line as best I can, as fast as I can and this class helps a lot bc of depth.

Depending on if I factor in testing and where I place AVT (I think T) , Slater (I think Guard)

I think I'll have it ...
Round one ... Sewell/Radunz, AVT, Darrisaw, Possible one - Slater ... Second Eichenberg, Jenkins, Leatherwood, Little, Christensen. I think. Debating on using testing numbers.

Sewell will almost certainly be the first OL off the board. I just think a few teams will have it a little closer and even fewer might have someone else there.

I'm looking to keep Wynn outside at almost all cost. Injuries suck but getting rolled up on his just part of the game at his position. If we're moving on from Cannon I want stabilize the line as best I can, as fast as I can and this class helps a lot bc of depth.

Depending on if I factor in testing and where I place AVT (I think T) , Slater (I think Guard)

I think I'll have it ...
Round one ... Sewell/Radunz, AVT, Darrisaw, Possible one - Slater ... Second Eichenberg, Jenkins, Leatherwood, Little, Christensen. I think. Debating on using testing numbers.

Sewell will almost certainly be the first OL off the board. I just think a few teams will have it a little closer and even fewer might have someone else there.
I am curious to know why radunz is higher than Slater.
The position of AVT and others might as well depend on the Team they get drafted. For example if the Jets select on of them they might move them to G or RT cause they already have a good LT.
Christensen would ne a nice Option in the mid rounds for us. Do you think he can play G? What position do you think Jenkins and Leatherwood will play ?

I am curious to know why radunz is higher than Slater.
Nothing is final. I really like both but Radunz has serious potential imo. Almost as much as anyone in the class. He absolutely has to gain a few pounds and get stronger. No doubt but those are overnight fixes in the NFL and he's 6'6.
Pass Pro needs experience against versatile rushers but I love his overall athleticism - length there. Can utilize his length but needs a little polish. Feet are smooth could be quicker but I like his base there. He's a nasty, versatile run blocker. Can uproot, + on combos - climb/do work on the second level - shows + awareness in both pass pro and in the run game. + power/zone/gap. Really diverse skill set along with Darrisaw/Jenkins in terms NFL-ready and upside.
Radunz shows nice quicks/explosion off the ball, he can really fire off the line but also displays patience and excellent timing. Ball carriers dream. Swing tackle with lots of potential.

I like Slater a lot but I think Radunz has more upside at a more important position. Probably not a huge difference in terms of grades.

The position of AVT and others might as well depend on the Team they get drafted.
Agreed.
For example if the Jets select on of them they might move them to G or RT cause they already have a good LT.
Christensen would ne a nice Option in the mid rounds for us. Do you think he can play G? What position do you think Jenkins and Leatherwood will play ?
I think all can and should get tackle looks at first for sure. I think Jenkins and Leatherwood could definitely play guard. Not as convinced about Christensen but think he has what he takes to play tackle with a little luck. I like him.

Nothing is final. I really like both but Radunz has serious potential imo. Almost as much as anyone in the class. He absolutely has to gain a few pounds and get stronger. No doubt but those are overnight fixes in the NFL and he's 6'6.
Pass Pro needs experience against versatile rushers but I love his overall athleticism - length there. Can utilize his length but needs a little polish. Feet are smooth could be quicker but I like his base there. He's a nasty, versatile run blocker. Can uproot, + on combos - climb/do work on the second level - shows + awareness in both pass pro and in the run game. + power/zone/gap. Really diverse skill set along with Darrisaw/Jenkins in terms NFL-ready and upside.
Radunz shows nice quicks/explosion off the ball, he can really fire off the line but also displays patience and excellent timing. Ball carriers dream. Swing tackle with lots of potential.

I like Slater a lot but I think Radunz has more upside at a more important position. Probably not a huge difference in terms of grades.
Yeah ok i agree if Slater is projected as a G/C then Radunz has more upside potential. I like long OT more that's why it wouldn't bother me if we go with Darrisaw or Radunz and move Wynn inside. Maybe not in their rookie saison if they are not ready but they probably are. (Don't want to say that i don't like Wynn at LT, just 6'6 is helpful)
Some impressive plays by Radunz, really love his recognition of the two rushers on his side and how he got hands on both, that's insane
He will probably rise on some big boards, i saw him there in the second to late second sometimes...probably not updated

Agreed.

I think all can and should get tackle looks at first for sure. I think Jenkins and Leatherwood could definitely play guard. Not as convinced about Christensen but think he has what he takes to play tackle with a little luck. I like him.

Yeah ok i agree if Slater is projected as a G/C then Radunz has more upside potential. I like long OT more that's why it wouldn't bother me if we go with Darrisaw or Radunz and move Wynn inside. Maybe not in their rookie saison if they are not ready but they probably are. (Don't want to say that i don't like Wynn at LT, just 6'6 is helpful)
Some impressive plays by Radunz, really love his recognition of the two rushers on his side and how he got hands on both, that's insane
He will probably rise on some big boards, i saw him there in the second to late second sometimes...probably not updated
A lot of this depends on Cannon so I'm definitely not moving Wynn inside unless it's a just or a have a clear-cut better player in front of me. So I'm probably keeping Wynn at LT and having a draft pick beat him out or go to RT. Again this is with the idea that Cannon is pretty much gone.

My dream scenario is for the Pats to re-sign Thuney and Draft Meinerz to be the back-up along the interior line. Meinerz could back up at all 3 interior line positions. And, as we've seen the past 2 years, we need SOMEONE who can do that. The hope was Froholdt, but he bombed out, unfortunately.

6th-rounder, at the earliest...We are in desperate need of veteran leadership in the TE room first, before adding any more yutes...
I always love when you make these ridiculous statements about a player.

You have any documentation that supports your rating as a 6th round pick?

Love the way he moves for his size. I know his team always looked for him to make a big play. 3rd/4th down, red zone, big play. Seems to be comfortable restemming/making a play at the top of his route. Nothing seem advertised. You a fan? Just catch your eye?

Was just doing research on mid-round projected WRs and he popped out for me

When you update your Patriots Players projection you need to upgrade WR D'wayne Eskeridge to a Day 2 selection. He may sneak into 2nd round but won't get to the Pats at 96. I know he is older (24) but you can't coach speed. Also two players you are missing are OL Quinn Meinerz (DIII Wisconsin - Whitewater) and David Moore (Grambling). Both were studs at the Senior Bowl practices and both practiced at OC (both a re RG). Both were named OL practice players of the week by the D Linemen they faced all week. Meinerz may sneak into top 100 and Moore will be a 4th rd selection. Would like to see both drafted by the Patriots.

Last edited:
When you update your Patriots Players projection you need to upgrade WR D'wayne Eskeridge to a Day 2 selection. He may sneak into 2nd round but won't get to the Pats at 96. I know he is older (24) but you can't coach speed. Also two players you are missing are OL Quinn Meinerz (DIII Wisconsin - Whitewater) and David Moore (Grambling). Both were studs at the Senior Bowl practices and both practiced at OC (both a re RG). Both were named OL practice players of the week by the D Linemen they faced all week. Meinerz may sneak into top 100 and Moore will be a 4th rd selection. Would like to see both drafted by the Patriots.
Already mentioned it in the other thread but Eskridge and Smith will be in my top 10-12. I really like both. Added Moore and Meinerz. I really like Moore, think both could be vg centers. See a little Shaq and Rodney Hudson in Moore coming off the line. Will add a few others. Lmk if anyone should be on there. I figure it should be close to set in 2 weeks with a few touchups before the draft. I'm just about done with offense and starting with D now so I'll have everyone graded and sorted out way before the actual draft.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Back