PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

Thoughts on Stokes from Georgia? After watching him over the last couple seasons, he seems like one of the few cornerbacks in this class who really excites me with his upside.

Also, what happened to Adebo? After his first year, I thought he was destined for round one, but then he disappeared from everyone's radar.

Thoughts on Stokes from Georgia? After watching him over the last couple seasons, he seems like one of the few cornerbacks in this class who really excites me with his upside.
Big fan of Stokes and Campbell. Both can really work the line, sidelines and aren't afraid to be physical. Stokes has better instincts imo. Both are big time athletes. Stokes is further along though. Really like his patience, playing his man eyes or hands.
Also, what happened to Adebo? After his first year, I thought he was destined for round one, but then he disappeared from everyone's radar.
Just doesn't have juice to consistently keep up with some of these guys imo. G Davis and others worked him hard outside. Again don't see an athlete to keep up inside. Tough break he had a great one year.

My dream scenario is for the Pats to re-sign Thuney and Draft Meinerz to be the back-up along the interior line. Meinerz could back up at all 3 interior line positions. And, as we've seen the past 2 years, we need SOMEONE who can do that. The hope was Froholdt, but he bombed out, unfortunately.

So? Wynn-Onwenu-Thuney-Mason-Cannon With Herron as the #3 OT and Meinerz as the #4 IOL ?

So? Wynn-Onwenu-Thuney-Mason-Cannon With Herron as the #3 OT and Meinerz as the #4 IOL ?

I'm honestly expecting Cannon to retire and the Pats to have to draft another OT with Herron being the starter there. Two wild cards for OT are Cajuste and Cunningham. Either/Both could be released.

I expect the Pats to add at least one OT in the draft, possibly two if either of the wild cards are let go.

I like this comp a lot. Right in front of my face

I think Togiai maybe a bit of a sleeper and could be a good pick in the 3rd or 4th round (or maybe even sooner). A few media outlets were talking him up recently. Only declared for the draft mid January.
Yeah I agree
He can definetly Upgrade our run defense

I think we should double-dip at WR this year as well as sign a couple of UFAs (Byrd's return might depend on Cant's return)...Milne is definitely somebody to watch during the draft's last 100 picks; I hope that Bill has also grabbed one during the first 100 picks...

Kenny Yeboah as well if if wasn't covered already here...Do you guys think we May go for TE later on for competition? It couldn't hurt to take some shots to maybe get an Upgrade over current players even though I like to fill some need with later picks for cheap depth.
My N.1 goal would be to upgrade the offense within the next two years through draft and FA so i wouldn't mind to take a shot there at some WR/TE as the captain already mentioned

Kenny Yeboah as well if if wasn't covered already here...Do you guys think we May go for TE later on for competition? It couldn't hurt to take some shots to maybe get an Upgrade over current players even though I like to fill some need with later picks for cheap depth.
My N.1 goal would be to upgrade the offense within the next two years through draft and FA so i wouldn't mind to take a shot there at some WR/TE as the captain already mentioned
I wouldn't be running to the podium unless Pitts falls to us. Maybe Freiermuth in the 2nd but I'm probably looking elsewhere then.

I'd wait until later unless we fall in love with someone.

I wouldn't be running to the podium unless Pitts falls to us. Maybe Freiermuth in the 2nd but I'm probably looking elsewhere then.

I'd wait until later unless we fall in love with someone.
Me too use our two 6 or 7 to get some shots there maybe. I am confident we can find some weapons during FA that we don't use the first picks for weapons. I doubt they last until anyway. I have carolina and bengals as possible picks for pitts in my mocks. Giants chargers lions panthers bengals eagles dolphins all i can See them taking one of the top 4 weapons, even a trade up from other teams. Ravens maybe idk, WFT

6th-rounder, at the earliest...We are in desperate need of veteran leadership in the TE room first, before adding any more yutes...

Define desperate :)
I do think experiments and borderline malpractice at TE position over last 3 yrs officially end March 17/18..

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back