PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

I'd love to hear you guys thoughts on Christian Darrisaw. Do you have some further information on him? Thanks

I'd love to hear you guys thoughts on Christian Darrisaw. Do you have some further information on him? Thanks
Like what specifically?

His pass sets are good enough right now. quick - reliable quickness but not consistent follow through up field/around the arc, decent footwork to take away a lot speed but his overall awareness needs sharpening there. Heavy hands, nice grip strength. Inconsistent placement. Again needs more experience in 1 on 1 situations. Wasn't put on an island until this past year. Very good in space - smooth, fast kick out. Good job finding and locating targets. Can reach and seal with the best of the class, + moving laterally, he's an easy mover. Big anchor.

In the running game he's a versatile piece. Strong and long. Loves blocking down. His quick feet and consistent angles will really appeal to zone teams. He can really move and create space. The number of different ways he can beat you or be effective in the run game is pretty cool. Stretch, inside stuff, power, space he can really do work in a lot of areas.

Very impressive how he can stay with smaller targets in space, down field.

He needs more experience and some refinement in terms of awareness and timing in pass pro. He has to manage to string it all together. Not a lot of bad plays. He's obviously still learning and more comfortable in certain areas than others.

Not a lot of offers. Had to go to military school for a year I believe.

Some teams will love him bc he's very consistent and just brings + blocks over and over again.

I think teams will have him, Radunz and AVT very close behind Sewell. I could see certain teams having Darrisaw, Radunz OT1 bc of what they bring right now and their upside. I'm almost positive I'll havr AVT as a tackle but i could see some teams loving him inside.

His awareness, athletic ability and grip strength are some of the best in the class. He's so impressive. Quick feet. Smooth, balanced core that can dance with rushers. His awareness is special though. Plenty of power. If you're a zone team needing a guard he's your man.

Like what specifically?

His pass sets are good enough right now. quick - reliable quickness but not consistent follow through up field/around the arc, decent footwork to take away a lot speed but his overall awareness needs sharpening there. Heavy hands, nice grip strength. Inconsistent placement. Again needs more experience in 1 on 1 situations. Wasn't put on an island until this past year. Very good in space - smooth, fast kick out. Good job finding and locating targets. Can reach and seal with the best of the class, + moving laterally, he's an easy mover. Big anchor.

In the running game he's a versatile piece. Strong and long. Loves blocking down. His quick feet and consistent angles will really appeal to zone teams. He can really move and create space. The number of different ways he can beat you or be effective in the run game is pretty cool. Stretch, inside stuff, power, space he can really do work in a lot of areas.

He needs more experience and some refinement in terms of awareness and timing in pass pro. He has to manage to string it all together. Not a lot of bad plays. He's obviously still learning and more comfortable in certain areas than others.

Some teams will love him bc he's very consistent and just brings + blocks over and over again.

I think teams will have him, Radunz and AVT very close behind Sewell. I could see certain teams having Darrisaw, Radunz OT1 bc of what they bring right now and their upside. I'm almost positive I'll havr AVT as a tackle but i could see some teams loving him inside.

His awareness, athletic ability and grip strength are some of the best in the class. He's so impressive. Quick feet. Smooth, balanced core that can dance with rushers. His awareness is special though. Plenty of power. If you're a zone team needing a guard he's your man.
Thanks man for the detailled info i will appreciate reading it. Will answer tomorrow

I want Austin Watkins Jr.

The Draft Network thinks he's a fit for Erhardt-Perkins

Last edited:
where is he supposed to be picked? round 3-5? seems like a perfect fit for the Pats
I could see him going earlier but wouldn't be shocked to see him in round 3-4. Looks like Pitts will be the first pass catcher off the board imo. Then you have most likely Freiermuth but small chance on someone like Long. Perhaps Jordan. Not the deepest class so I could see him going round 2.

I want Austin Watkins Jr.

The Draft Network thinks he's a fit for Erhardt-Perkins

Love the way he moves for his size. I know his team always looked for him to make a big play. 3rd/4th down, red zone, big play. Seems to be comfortable restemming/making a play at the top of his route. Nothing seem advertised. You a fan? Just catch your eye?

Remember JD

Like what specifically?

The reason I asked is, bc after taking some look on this years top O-Line prospects there are very different views on Rankings etc behind Sewell and Draftspot. I read for example some college scouts view Darrisaw as a second rd. at best, some say he is worth a first and can develop into a starting LT (Russel Okung type). I asked specifically about Darrisaw cause i think Thuney is a goner and we might have a shot at one of the top OT to built the left side with Wynn. Darrisaw looks like a good fit for our scheme to me. You could move Wynn inside or Onwenu inside and let Darrisaw play RT to develop some things like you said awareness and more experience on 1 vs 1. I like his size a lot and if we keep running the football like this he would be huge. Thanks for the Comparison to other OT in this class that would have been my next question.
I currently would say:
Sewell has a good chance to be OT Number 1 off the Board.
Behind Sewell I can see Rashawn Slater. I like him a lot and can see him top 10 as well. Great versality, athletic.
I would view Darrisaw maybe as OT 3 for me, i like AVT a lot as well but would like to see him at LG. He can play tackle at the next level probably as well but i would like to see his athletic pass pro inside. Wouldn't mind to take him either since our pass pro wasn't as good as the run blocking and i think AVT's pass pro is really good, compared with athletic he can stabilize the IOL if thuney leaves. Not a mauler in the run game but we can use his athletic to go to the next level, pull him off to the right side etc..
Behind this i would say Radunz Leatherwood Mayfield can go off the board late first to mid second sth there

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back