PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best ESPN alternative?

dafoe2016

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The hit piece was the final straw. I don't believe a word of it. I consider ESPN to be as credible as the ####. We have a big game coming up in a week. That, along with this weekend's games is what I want to focus on. I see no point in getting bent out of shape over those dirtbags doing what they do. It is what it is.

Normally I visit espn.com for schedules and sometimes scores and box scores. The thing that attracted me to espn was that I am a game collector and their schedules go back many years.That is very helpful to me. I kept going out of habit and familiarity. But I can no longer continue to go there and help them make money. It just feels gross at this point.

I know a lot of people here boycott the scumbags. Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a good alternative, Not just for the Pats scores and schedules, but for all Boston teams and scores from around the leagues updated in real time.

I’m guessing maybe something basic like the CBS Sports app.

Yahoo is most certainly a complete joke in every way, so they’re out. I’m sure there are some local apps but they probably wouldn’t cover everything as well as a larger one would.

I'm starting a podcast next week...tune in :)
"ALL THINGS PAT FROM PITTSBURGH"

The hit piece was the final straw. I don't believe a word of it. I consider ESPN to be as credible as the current White House Administration. We have a big game coming up in a week. That, along with this weekend's games is what I want to focus on. I see no point in getting bent out of shape over those dirtbags doing what they do. It is what it is.

Normally I visit espn.com for schedules and sometimes scores and box scores. The thing that attracted me to espn was that I am a game collector and their schedules go back many years.That is very helpful to me. I kept going out of habit and familiarity. But I can no longer continue to go there and help them make money. It just feels gross at this point.

I know a lot of people here boycott the scumbags. Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a good alternative, Not just for the Pats scores and schedules, but for all Boston teams and scores from around the leagues updated in real time.

Just go to the leagues' official websites, they usually have the scores readily available.

NBA.com has an anti adblocker. Looking for a one stop shop. I'll look around. I just figured someone here would have a site they already use.

Keeping up with the Kardishians

I use the ESPN Boston webpage just to keep track of the local teams game times and post game stats.

They are on the left side of the page - the articles are on the right and I ignore them.

I watch all Patriot's games and most Celtics and Bruins games so I don't need to read those articles.

For team news I go to these sites:

Boston Bruins Schedule, Roster, News, and Rumors | Stanley Cup of Chowder
a Boston Celtics community

New England Patriots Fans featuring News, Stats, Analysis, Messageboards & Forums, Patriots Blogs, Rumors, And Salary Cap Information for Fans. - PatsFans.com and

a New England Patriots community

a Boston Red Sox community

a New England Revolution community

If you google nfl scores or schedules or standings the results show without having to go to any website.

Profootballreference.com has every stat, game, play, and anything else you could want.

Celtics and Eric Clapton.

Paint drying...

ESPN is fake news. They publish complete and utter crap. They’re not the only corporation that does this. Perhaps if you looked more closely at some of the others you’d see things a little differently.

I refuse to click on anything related to ESPN. I don’t care if they’re the #1 result when doing a search, I’ll intentionally keep scrolling to find the information somewhere else.

Except for patriots news here just cut off from all sports news channels and do or read something productive. I did that after deflategate and life has been better for it. Every once in a while I still get that itch and turn it on but usually realize most of it is opinion pieces from people I don’t really like.

There's plenty other options for schedules & box scores. Also, just follow the Patriots twitter account along with some beat reporters for up to date news (Reiss, Howe, Curran to name a few). Do the same for other sports teams.

Whatever you do, avoid Deadspin. Worse than ESPN.

Last edited:
I hate ESPN with a passion, but boycotting them has been more difficult than boycotting the 31. Their website is just so much better in its layout and easier to find what you want easily. What the heck are these other sports news companies doing? I’m begging them to at least have a reasonably comparable web presence, so I can completely ditch ESPN. The only good thing they’ve done is 30 for 30 (if buying the rights to it counts.)

There are reasonable places to obtain scoring highlights and final scores-ie MSN TSN and the online sports sites. Just use for the facts on a "to know" basis.

For fun and info, there is the Pats Fan forum and the suffering ,analyzing, and resolving of the Great Team's year and how they progress to the Superbowl.

The rest is horseshit!

Did you know (for instance) that Canada won the World Junior Hockey Championship this evening in a really great game. Earlier, the USA team crushed the Czechs and won the Bronze Medal. Amazing that they played this game without one reference to ESPN or made up controversies designed to antagonize.

I imagine the Wickensham has a "Muttley" laugh and amuses himself when not scratching. Some minor interest in games this weekend though. Good Luck All

Best ESPN Alternative?

How about antifreeze? Bleach?

my go-tos, besides this site are the phone apps bleacher report team stream (a news and twitter aggregator) for news and rumors, and TheScore app for live updates on games in all sports.

The game day threads here have some really good insight and bold predictions

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back