PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick should trade the 1st rounder for Garoppolo

Ok, 2 things this your post made me like you more. You mentioned St Augustine, I love St Augustine. I’m not a big Florida fan, but I love St Augustine. Visited there many years ago, when I was a kid, I’m talking like almost 50 years ago. But now my favorite uncle lives there, and I went there to visit a few years ago, still love it.

The historic district is the bomb. Tell me you did a ghost tour. We did one that night too, and our host showed up plastered. Slurring badly. We went by a nearby house that was supposed to be haunted and someone put a mannequin on the upper balcony of the house. You’d swear it was someone standing dead still. Now keep in mind there were young children on this tour. One of them asked “what is that?” Luis, who if you just hear him you would know in a second that he’s gay, says, “I don’t know. But if it moves, I’m going to s.hit.” Whole crowd busted out laughing.

Secondly, my ex wife’s best friend was the officiant at OUR wedding. So we have that in common.

As far as gaydar, it’s an indeed a thing. I’m not trying to be disrespectful to gay people. My ex wife’s best friend was the first person I ever heard say gaydar. And HIS was never wrong. He too could tell which alleged straight people were hiding the fact that they were gay.

It’s very real. And they’re all very good at it. I guess if you’re immersed in that community, you pick up on it pretty quickly. Just one thing, though - you should disassociate yourself from anyone who thinks you’re trying to be disrespectful to gay people by saying they have gaydar. Immediately. Good to hear you enjoyed hearing about that experience, though. We just had a baby in December, so it might be a while before we go again, but my wife and I have tried to spend a long weekend at a B&B in St. Auggy every year. PM me when you go again and I’ll send you a list of the best ones we’ve stayed at.

So I went back 27 years, to the start of the Cowboys dynasty. Good a place as any to consider the modern era, although I know the game has changed quite a bit since then.

Thing is, I’d say the importance of getting the QB has actually been underplayed. In that time, these quarterbacks have won multiple SBs:

Brady—7

Aikman—3

Roethlisberger, Elway, both Mannings (I know)—2

QBs with one (group 1) Favre, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, Warner, Mahomes

QBs with one (group 2): Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Nick Foles

So, that’s 27 years, with 32 quarterbacks a year having the chance to win the Super Bowl (864 individual QB “seasons”) and in total FIFTEEN have won. Of that 15, 12 are arguably Hall of Famers (Eli getting in would be a joke, but you know he has a shot). Trent Dilfer rode a historic defense. The opposing coach Foles played against decided to bench the starting defense or something (my memory’s hazy on that one). The Brad Johnson TB team had a pretty great defense too.

Point being, what difference does ANYTHING else make if you don’t have the guy? Hope for a historic defense?

I’m not saying JG is the guy, excuse the clickbait :) I honestly have no idea. I’m just saying if BELICHICK thinks he’s the guy—or if he thinks somebody else is the guy—giving up draft picks is a trivial price to pay. Otherwise you’re hoping for some historic outlier. The thing is, of course, you gotta be right. But come on, Belichick's a genius, right? He must know who the guy is.
You forgot Flacco. We don't need "the guy." A Mariota will do just fine. Team can coach him up. Lmao

You guys have me wondering now. Is Jimmy Garrapollo gay?
after waking up next to that plastic fantastic atrocity he was dating, I wouldn't rule out "dreamy" Jimmy falling for a George Michael imitator....all this pink herring crap has nothing to do with the ultimate realization that Getcrappolo SUCKS and should NEVER be signed by the NEP.

So now the word is the Niners are content to stick with Jimmy unless they get desaun watson and are confident in him. I wonder how much of this is legit or how much is posturing so teams don't look at them as desperate.

If Jimmy G misses time this year or the niners underachieve I could see them fire Lynch and shanahan.

So now the word is the Niners are content to stick with Jimmy unless they get desaun watson and are confident in him. I wonder how much of this is legit or how much is posturing so teams don't look at them as desperate.

If Jimmy G misses time this year or the niners underachieve I could see them fire Lynch and shanahan.
Actually agree...the hot/cold act with your starting QB isn't sending a good message to the team that is supposed to follow him. Either he is your guy or he isn't.

Ironic...I will always believe that last statement is why Tom decided to leave.

Trade a first round pick for a guy who we can count on to miss a ballpark number of 6-7 games a year? I’m good. Now a third rounder and a player in a trade to take on the rest of his contract? Sure. Picking him up if he’s cut to serve as a bridge QB? Absolutely. But there’s no way in Hell I’m trading #15 overall for him.
You can’t trade 15 for a veteran qb unless it’s Wilson or Watson because you need 15 to draft a QB.

Lynch and Shanahan aren’t getting fired. They were given 6 year deals specifically because they had fired their HC 3 straight years and also dumped the gm along the way (twice?).

You can’t trade 15 for a veteran qb unless it’s Wilson or Watson because you need 15 to draft a QB.
Agree mostly but it depends on how the board falls. I wouldn’t use 15 on Lance, for example.

Why is San Fran moving on from jimmy, even for a first round pick?

We havent had a pick this high in awhile, we definitely can't squander it away

Question for those not wanting to give more than a 2nd: is Sanu better than Dreamy Jimmy? Lmao

If watson really wants out from under the God Squads thumb/out of Houston, he should convert to Islam ... DeShawn Ali Obama... and start going after Easterby... That will be enough return
Too complicated. All he needs to do is become BFF w/ Krafty Bob and hang out at strip malls together.

You guys have me wondering now. Is Jimmy Garrapollo gay?

Doubtful.

Last time he came to my Gay XXX DVD shop, he was checking his phone the whole time and barely seemed interested. Didn’t even made eye contact with me when he paid for Young Studs, Volume 3, two bildos and a gallon of lube. Next time, I’m not even going to remind him about our volume discount.

Maybe Bill should release everyone except Slater, McCourty, and Andrews and start from scratch. He'll have over 140 million dollars to sign all the free agents you can dream of. Yea, that's the ticket.

Maybe Bill should release everyone except Slater, McCourty, and Andrews and start from scratch. He'll have over 140 million dollars to sign all the free agents you can dream of. Yea, that's the ticket.
You could almost say keep ol,rb,dbs and flip most of the rest. There is enough cap room to do it well.
Ultimately I expect about 25 new players next year.

You could almost say keep ol,rb,dbs and flip most of the rest. There is enough cap room to do it well.
Ultimately I expect about 25 new players next year.
True, except that both Thuney and Andrews are free agents. I think Thuney is gone. Not sure about Andrews. I doubt Cannon comes back, so we need OL help as well.

True, except that both Thuney and Andrews are free agents. I think Thuney is gone. Not sure about Andrews. I doubt Cannon comes back, so we need OL help as well.
Pretty much every single positional grouping aside from RB and maybe CB (depending on whether the team decides to trade Gilmore) is a need.

Why is San Fran moving on from jimmy, even for a first round pick?
Because he hasn't nearly been worth what they have to pay him in any (but possibly one) of the fours years he's already been there, and they can get rid of him with minimal dead money.

Now, unless they find someone better who can stay on the field, they'll probably ride with him, but I have no doubt that they'd like to upgrade that position, or at least, not hold their breath every time their QB drops back to pass.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back