PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick criticism mega-thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine if BB drew up the defensive gameplan for the superbowl? My goodness. The plan was good but the players executed it.

?!?! Because I criticized Saint Belichick?
Please. You are insulting me and the board with your ********.

A couple of posts here and there bashing him are fine which you have done multiple times.

Starting threads and posting dozens of videos and articles from irrelevant, sportstalk losers with the sheer intent of inciting the board is out of line.

You are the sports fanboy version of Donald Trump.

Milloy was not a fiasco. I remember vividly I was one of the very few who was100% behind BB from the getgo when he dumped Milloy. Milloy was by then a very mediocre player and a shadow of his former self. And we picked up a far superior player in Rodney.
Milloy was a liability and overpriced at that point. I was absolutely flabbergasted at the time that people were upset at the time. It was addition by subtraction and BB was certainly proven right. But it was a nobrainer.
Absolutely no comparison to Brady. Brady had lost very little and was stuck with the worst skill position players in the nfl.
I cant say anything negative about Brady or BB. Theyre both the goats and both have been for years. But BB ****ed up.
That's a fact.
Sure but I think Bill could have handled that a lot better. He took a hardline approach with Milloy - the heart and soul of our defense - less than a week before the season. Take the pay cut or leave it. Milloy said no and Bill said seeya. Divided the locker room doing this a week before the season started. Bruschi was very unhappy about it and so was the rest of them.

Mailbag: Are Tom Brady and Bill Belichick Competing With Each Other?​

SI Talks to tons of former Patriots players and concludes that BB and Brady are too competitive to not to keep score. So answer is yes they are.

A couple of posts here and there bashing him are fine which you have done multiple times.

Starting threads and posting dozens of videos from irrelevant, sportstalk losers with the sheer intent of inciting the board is out of line.

You're just overly sensitive. All those clips are relevant and I agree a lot of what was said in those I watched. And bringing up Trump? Real original/hilarious.

Starting threads and posting dozens of videos and articles from irrelevant, sportstalk losers with the sheer intent of inciting the board is out of line.

You come to a thread titled "Belichick criticism megathread" to complain about a thread criticizing Belichick. Why not just click "Ignore Thread" and get on with your life.

And if noone has an interest in this thread, it will die............

Many of us - those who are able to put fandom aside and be objective - realize what a terrible decision Bill made to push Brady with no real plan to replace him. How do you think the Patriots players feel? If he hasn't "lost" portions of the locker room yet, that door is more open than ever. Have to think some of the vets are sick of Bill's **** just like Tom (and Gronk) were.

McCourty said he'd be cool with Cam coming back...sooooo...

Belichick might have a hard time working his old magic. I agree with the articles that the temptation to join the pats to chase a ring is gone.

There’s no QB, no WR’s, no TE’s. It’s not exactly a spot where they’re just a guy away from making the leap into serious contention. And right or wrong, Bill has a reputation for being a cheap hard ass. I think the only way anyone is looking to come here is if the money is better than anything else they have on the table.

You're just overly sensitive. All those clips are relevant and I agree a lot of what was said in those I watched. And bringing up Trump? Real original/hilarious.
Im glad you agree with Skip Bayless.

You come to a thread titled "Belichick criticism megathread" to complain about a thread criticizing Belichick. Why not just click "Ignore Thread" and get on with your life.

Exactly, how hard is it? Some of these homers truly can't handle an opinion that is contrary to theirs. Makes me wonder how they function in the real world.

Because i'm here to chew bubble gum and kick your ass.

...and I'm all out of bubble gum.

Maybe Mccourty is tired of deep post season runs and likes the longer break without worrying about playoffs

Exactly, how hard is it? Some of these homers truly can't handle an opinion that is contrary to theirs. Makes me wonder how they function in the real world.
Opinion is one thing.

Trolling is another.

Sorry you can't tell the difference.

True, that is mildly concerning to say the least. Have to think he was just being diplomatic.

Completely agree. Walsh never got the credit for Montana's wins the way BB did for Brady's wins.
Not sure about that. Walsh and his West Coast offense got a ton of credit. And when Steve Young came along and picked up where Montana left off a lot of people thought it was the Walsh system more than Montana. I know Walsh had moved on but Siefert was largely viewed as a Walsh protege running the Walsh system.

Opinion is one thing.

Trolling is another.

Sorry you can't tell the difference.
You bring up Trump which is ironic given this comment. Opinion I disagree with = trolling. Talk about Trumpian.

Turns out, not even Bill Belichick can beat Tom Brady​

John Romano | With six Super Bowl titles together, there’s enough credit to go around. But Brady’s success in Tampa Bay gives him history’s upper hand against his old coach.

Sure but I think Bill could have handled that a lot better. He took a hardline approach with the heart and soul of the defense less than a week before the season - take the pay cut or leave it. Divided the locker room doing this a week before the season started. Bruschi was very unhappy about it and so was the rest of them.
Yeah but they weren't unhappy for long when they soon realized BB was right.
The defense was far better w/o milloy abd secondary faster. And of course Rodney was lights out.
Brady totally different situation.
But even though BB ****ed up on this one, it was understandable how he did, given all the variables and it also does nothing to diminish his goat status imo.
I think hed love a mulligan on this one.
I always have and still am a huge fan of BOTH Brady and Belichick.
But qb is BY FAR the most important position in all of team sports.
A great qb is has a bigger impact on winning than a great coach. Even BB himself has said this. Anyone who says
otherwise( not you sb1)doesnt really know nfl football.

Adding a Postscript to the Tom Brady–Bill Belichick Partnership​

Brady’s Super Bowl run with the Buccaneers illuminates some aspects that led to his New England departure, but doesn’t diminish what he and Belichick achieved together with the Patriots

You bring up Trump which is ironic given this comment. Opinion I disagree with = trolling. Talk about Trumpian.
Biffins is classic Trump. Uses Fox News to get the Trumpers spun up in a tizzy when good debate/discussion is what is needed/appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back