PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick admits BOTH the Jets and Colts knew the Patriots calls before they ran them

Plot Twist:

Matty P has been using the "Ask Madden" feature this season to call all the offensive plays

View attachment 47128
Dan Orlovsky (Go UConn!) has been killing the play calling/design for weeks now and he seems pretty on point. Mac hasn't played well but this little Matty P experiment is killing Mac.

An outrageous statement you keep repeating because it fits your story line. We got pummeled at the end of last year and in the playoffs. The offense and defense were both not fine. Repeating something does not make it true.

Not really a storyline or narrative. The offense was miles better last year than it was this year. You can tell just by watching it.

The offense is regressing. Adding parker and returning basically the same OL it should be better. Instead they are worse in every category.

Not really a storyline or narrative. The offense was miles better last year than it was this year. You can tell just by watching it.

The offense is regressing. Adding parker and returning basically the same OL it should be better. Instead they are worse in every category.

We will see. They are trying new things which has set them back, but we have to try new things because last year was not good enough. So far Mac and Zappe have been in and out, which has delayed things. Going back to the dumbed down 2021 offense is not the answer. I agree Mac looks jittery, does not move well in the pocket, and seems to be thinking too much. By the end of the season we will know more.

"Malcolm, go!"

We will see. They are trying new things which has set them back, but we have to try new things because last year was not good enough. So far Mac and Zappe have been in and out, which has delayed things. Going back to the dumbed down 2021 offense is not the answer. I agree Mac looks jittery, does not move well in the pocket, and seems to be thinking too much. By the end of the season we will know more.
End of the season how about after the bye week?? Mac have two weeks to get his feeble act together.

Im still not convinced Matty P is the issue. All decisions have always run up to BB who knows offense very well and I'd trust to call the game...I am also not convinced this is all on Mac Jones.

I think its some combo of playcalling, OLINE, guys who cant get open, and QB play. Offense looked a whole lot better with Zappe minus one bad half. I also don't think Zappe is the "answer" to all of this. But it does give perspective on in terms of whether its been the gameplan vs. QB play.

Dan Orlovsky (Go UConn!) has been killing the play calling/design for weeks now and he seems pretty on point. Mac hasn't played well but this little Matty P experiment is killing Mac.

This play has already been broken-down by Dreighver much Much better than Orlovsky did... This ****up is ALL on Clueless Corky.

Behind Thanksdad? Good luck with that.

I would've run behind Onwenu & Cachoo MUCH more often than they did on Sunday.

I think Andrews will be back shortly, Strange will improve with Andrews to his side, and Cajuste will hold down the fort until Cannon returns! We should put Wynn out there as the 6th OL-man...and just pound the ball, baby!

Doesn't that show one receiver that is open for the 1st down, maybe a little tight-but-doable at the very beginning of the play, but certainly an easy pitch and catch at any point afterwards?

This play could easily be a lot of the second and ten or longer play calls that Patricia runs with Jones.

Im still not convinced Matty P is the issue.

I think its some combo of playcalling, OLINE, guys who cant get open, and QB play.
Who's in charge of play calling?
1668015727101.png

Who's in charge of the OL?
1668015733596.png

Who schemes the guys who can't get open?
1668015739036.png

Who schemes plays and synchronizes the OL to facilitate QB play?
1668015744698.png

All I can say is....
Thank God Matty P does not coach Nick Folk

Doesn't that show one receiver that is open for the 1st down, maybe a little tight-but-doable at the very beginning of the play, but certainly an easy pitch and catch at any point afterwards?
That one guy did come open in the flat and it looks like Mac was locked on to the guy on the outside on the other side of the field. Between the play calling/design and Mac not going through his reads we are shooting ourselves in the foot.

So much speculation and guessing on these plays. Then there are 5 clips, but 3 of those clips are of the same play. You know SOMETIMES a run formation is actually going to be.....a run. :rolleyes:

I find this to be such a non-story. This is NOT some kind of f*cking revelation. Great LB's are students of the game, who work hard at it and look to find tendencies and tip offs that just add to their physical gifts. Leonard and Mosley are both top end ILBs The only difference is Bill will praise a guy like Mosley and then break EVERY key the guy might have on us the next time we play them.

What you DON'T hear is Bill telling the media how he picked about the Colts offense because they found multiple keys that told them where they were going with the ball.

Instead we are now going to have this narrative that the Pats are the ONLY team in the league that have down, distance and formation tendencies OH MY!

BELIEVE me, that after every game there is a quality control nerd who pores through the game tapes just looking for players who may be leaning, change their stances, or based on the size of the splits in their alignments etc, and documents them and makes sure they are given to the players to work on.

Every team has them. What do you think the defense works on for the entire week. Not only the plays they have seen from this weeks opponent, but what the adjustments they think they will make if the Pats stop them. Yes Martha, it really IS a chess game.
Came in here to say this. People are searching for something. This literally happens every game, every week in the NFL. There guys have been playing since 10, coached up and playing with familiar faces. Played or coached up on every scheme under the sun. Film study every week.

Do people not realize this happens all the time or are they just brand new?

Also this is literally the same bs we heard last year about Josh being predictable!

Play calling outside the red zone hasn't been terrible. Red zone is a different story imo but some just don't want to admit Mac isn't playing well. OL is a mess but the QB isn't exactly killing it either. Let's just call it what it is. A new OC who is definitely figuring some stuff out. An OL that's been shaky at best. And a QB that has post snap trouble and problems with pressure. It's not a quick, easy fix. Getting Josh back next week would help but he's not blocking or making decisions on the field.

Could a player be giving a tell in terms of stance? A mannerism/habit of a particular player Ds are picking up on? A tell when they break the huddle? Formational/personnel tendencies?

The Colts knew our play calls ahead of time because with just a week of film study they were easily able to identify and predict Matt Patricia's play calling patterns. The man might be a fine defensive coach but he barely has two brain cells to rub together when it comes to actual offensive play calling.

matt patricia brain xray photo.jpg

Last edited:
Play calling outside the red zone hasn't been terrible. Red zone is a different story imo but some just don't want to admit Mac isn't playing well. OL is a mess but the QB isn't exactly killing it either. Let's just call it what it is. A new OC who is definitely figuring some stuff out. An OL that's been shaky at best. And a QB that has post snap trouble and problems with pressure. It's not a quick, easy fix. Getting Josh back next week would help but he's not blocking or making decisions on the field.

I have no problem admitting that Mac Jones is playing like Bantha Poodoo and Matt Patricia has been a predictable and especially ineffective playcaller in the redzone. It's just that a lot of people are so invested in 'protecting' their binkies that they can't admit the Emperor has no clothes. BB is the 'master chef' who put this hot mess of a recipe together and he has to take BLAME for making terrible decisions as well.

new-emperors-new-clothes.gif

Last edited:
I have no problem admitting that Mac Jones is playing like Bantha Poodoo and Matt Patricia has been a predictable and especially ineffective playcaller in the redzone. It's just that a lot of people are so invested in 'protecting' their binkies that they can't admit the Emperor has no clothes. BB is the 'master chef' who put this hot mess of a recipe together and he has to take BLAME for making terrible decisions as well.

View attachment 47150
Yes of course it all starts at the top. Dysfunctional Oline, starting QB whose confidence is shot and no true #1 target. He does though also deserve credit for how the defense has been playing(cept the Bears game) and how it looks like he might have found another star CB in the making in Jack Jones. It goes both ways

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back