PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick admits BOTH the Jets and Colts knew the Patriots calls before they ran them

I just heard on the radio that Belichick admitted in the press conference that CJ Mosley of the Jets and Shaq Leonard of the Colts were calling out the plays before they were snapped. That means the Pats are running a totally predictable offense. That is 100% of the OC.

People can blame Mac Jones or the o-line or any of the players, but if the opposing defense knows exactly what play you are running you are putting your players at a disadvantage.

Geez stop ✋ the presses Ray Charles can see those plays before they are called. :rolleyes:

Well CJ Mosley get another chance in a week.

I just heard on the radio that Belichick admitted in the press conference that CJ Mosley of the Jets and Shaq Leonard of the Colts were calling out the plays before they were snapped. That means the Pats are running a totally predictable offense. That is 100% of the OC.

People can blame Mac Jones or the o-line or any of the players, but if the opposing defense knows exactly what play you are running you are putting your players at a disadvantage.

to be fair, i was calling out the plays from my couch. The offense is very predictable. BB is loyal to a fault with some of his guys and flat our refuses to hire anyone outside his orbit. Cant wait until he passes Shula so we can go in another direction. Not trashing BB and extremely grateful for the 20 plus years of dominance he has brought, but at some point it time to change organizational philosophy

Hopefully it’s a sign that Bill is willing to hold Patricia accountable in the incompetence of the offense.

I agree. This is not about "BB being loyal to a fault", BB is talking about it because he wants it to change. There is an extra week to deal with it. Dumbing down the playbook is not the answer, again, we tried that at the end of last season and were thumped down the stretch and in our playoff game. Not sure how quickly we can adjust but hopefully everything improves a lot over the last half of the season.

The good news is that we won both games even when the opposing defense was guessing our plays. Imagine how well we could do if the defense didn't know our offensive plays ;)

So much speculation and guessing on these plays. Then there are 5 clips, but 3 of those clips are of the same play. You know SOMETIMES a run formation is actually going to be.....a run. :rolleyes:

I find this to be such a non-story. This is NOT some kind of f*cking revelation. Great LB's are students of the game, who work hard at it and look to find tendencies and tip offs that just add to their physical gifts. Leonard and Mosley are both top end ILBs The only difference is Bill will praise a guy like Mosley and then break EVERY key the guy might have on us the next time we play them.

What you DON'T hear is Bill telling the media how he picked about the Colts offense because they found multiple keys that told them where they were going with the ball.

Instead we are now going to have this narrative that the Pats are the ONLY team in the league that have down, distance and formation tendencies OH MY!

BELIEVE me, that after every game there is a quality control nerd who pores through the game tapes just looking for players who may be leaning, change their stances, or based on the size of the splits in their alignments etc, and documents them and makes sure they are given to the players to work on.

Every team has them. What do you think the defense works on for the entire week. Not only the plays they have seen from this weeks opponent, but what the adjustments they think they will make if the Pats stop them. Yes Martha, it really IS a chess game.

well....there was a graphic on NBC sports Boston last night or the night before that showed out of their last 12 plays on first down, 10 were runs.....when you run a 1980s high school offense, it tends to be predictable. Patricia needs to innovate a tad more...how bout a pass downfield on first down...not a screen, not a sideways pass, but downfield...

Nah, that just puts Mac under pressure and sets us up for 2nd and longs.

We need our OL to play better and pick up 3 freaking yards up the middle on 1st down every time.

If this was half of the teams in the league Pats would fire their OC over the bye and shift direction. But, BB will never do that. He'll ride the sinking ship all the way. Even in Jan or Feb when they announce MP will be taking over as "chief football special assistant to the HC", he'll never admit Matt wasn't good at play calling. I really don't know what the heck Judge is doing either. What does he know about QB's? He never got in the same room as Brady, and he only screwed up Daniel Jones to the point of almost ending his career. At least BB should fire Judge this week. Hoyer could do his job (and probably was doing it better prior to his injury)

The dolts and the jest, are they spying on us? :eek:

2-0 when the other team knows our plays.
bold-strategy-dodgeball.gif

Okay. Throw out those same looks next game and run something else that plays the weakness of how the defense would adjust to the easy-to-spot playcall.

I love how this **** gets called on the Pats once a year to drum up cheater noise, but when Bill is asked about it when it's _against_ the Pats, he's just like "I mean yeah the player prolly did his homework, bully for them." lmao

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back