PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick admits BOTH the Jets and Colts knew the Patriots calls before they ran them

If this was half of the teams in the league Pats would fire their OC over the bye and shift direction. But, BB will never do that. He'll ride the sinking ship all the way. Even in Jan or Feb when they announce MP will be taking over as "chief football special assistant to the HC", he'll never admit Matt wasn't good at play calling. I really don't know what the heck Judge is doing either. What does he know about QB's? He never got in the same room as Brady, and he only screwed up Daniel Jones to the point of almost ending his career. At least BB should fire Judge this week. Hoyer could do his job (and probably was doing it better prior to his injury)

Belichick is not afraid to change things up. He has done it in the past. If he was running the offense, I would have more hope.

I am more concerned about Patricia. Based on his past, he is very inflexible.

SPYGAAAAAATE!!!!!
first thing I thought when I saw this story

Patriots call out someone else's plays: They taped us
Someone else calls out Patriots plays: They're predictable

Hey if BB was "generally aware" that they knew our plays, do we give up 2 first round picks?

And yet, the Pats beat both teams even though they knew what plays were coming. Maybe the Pats are better than we think.

Nah, that just puts Mac under pressure and sets us up for 2nd and longs.

We need our OL to play better and pick up 3 freaking yards up the middle on 1st down every time.

Behind Thanksdad? Good luck with that.

I would've run behind Onwenu & Cachoo MUCH more often than they did on Sunday.

Shouldn’t our QB recognize the defense is making an adjustment on the play and change the play or counter the adjustment?
Not in the time frame that those call outs and plays occurred. It looks like he is identifying and communicating with the team, everyone’s getting set, then the call out by d and bam. It’s not as if the D is switching up their alignment or anything. I
They’re just alerting for flow. Doesn’t fit the narrative you’re pushing though. So, I get it.

The absurd amount of schticks on this board is getting ****ing lame. A few pull it off pretty well, and at times it’s pretty entertaining, but the copy cat mob is out in full force.

If this was half of the teams in the league Pats would fire their OC over the bye and shift direction. But, BB will never do that. He'll ride the sinking ship all the way. Even in Jan or Feb when they announce MP will be taking over as "chief football special assistant to the HC", he'll never admit Matt wasn't good at play calling. I really don't know what the heck Judge is doing either. What does he know about QB's? He never got in the same room as Brady, and he only screwed up Daniel Jones to the point of almost ending his career. At least BB should fire Judge this week. Hoyer could do his job (and probably was doing it better prior to his injury)
One of the most frustrating things is that this is what most were saying when the decisions to put that two in charge of the offense was announced. It’s all playing out exactly as many predicted. If sweeping adjustments are being made, it’s hard to tell.

And yet, the Pats beat both teams even though they knew what plays were coming. Maybe the Pats are better than we think.
Neither one of those wins was because of the offense. The D throttled the opponents w/ sacks (11) & INTs (4).

Jets: 17 pts
Folk - 16 pts
Mac - 6 pts

Colts: 3 pts
Folk - 14 pts
JoJones - 6 pts
Mac - 6 pts

Pats are lucky they faced an incompetent QB & a rookie QB. Their defenses throttled our offense in an embarrassing way.

vs. Jets:
Pass: 3.9 yds/pass
Rush: 3.7 yds/rush
Total: 288 yds. (3.8/play)

vs. Colts:
Rush: 2.5 yds/rush
Total: 203 yds (3.3/play)

Neither one of those wins was because of the offense. The D throttled the opponents w/ sacks (11) & INTs (4).

Jets: 17 pts
Folk - 16 pts
Mac - 6 pts

Colts: 3 pts
Folk - 14 pts
JoJones - 6 pts
Mac - 6 pts

Pats are lucky they faced an incompetent QB & a rookie QB. Their defenses throttled our offense in an embarrassing way.

vs. Jets:
Rush: 3.7 yds/rush
Total: 288 yds. (3.8/play)

vs. Colts:
Rush: 2.5 yds/rush
Total: 203 yds (3.3/play)

Dude it is a joke. And you try to reply to jokes with statistical data? You need to change your avatar until you can learn to take a joke.

Dude it is a joke. And you try to reply to jokes with statistical data? You need to change your avatar until you can learn to take a joke.
Here's some more stats. I had 3 jokes in this thread that received 23 laughing emojis. That's an avg. of 7.67 per joke. The post I replied to had zero laughing emojis. But I gave you one.

As far as Mac... he's barely into year 2 with an incompetent coaching situation and a laughable offensive line.

His book is not written yet.

Cassel, Garoppolo, Brissett all flashed for us. QBs are hard to nail down because of how demanding the position is going from college to the NFL. Many QBs take a few years to reach any type of 'potential' for good or bad.

If Brady is your gold standard....don't forget that his first year had some bad games in them. His first year starting was his second year of experience. He got to learn for a year before starting. His second year starting....wasn't his best. Although he led the league in TDs, his interceptions jumped to 14 and he lost 5 fumbles. And his QB rating was a point worse than 2001.

It wasn't until 2007, his EIGHTH season in the league that he started to put up MVP numbers with single digit interception totals. Until that point, he averaged nearly an interception a game.

The point is that being a NFL QB is a process and if you don't give that process its best shot, you'll never know what you actually have in that player.

That's what happens when you decline to name/hire a real OC and put Patricia/Judge who have never done it before in charge of the offense. This is on Bill. Instead of filling the coaching staff with new minds. It's yes men he can pay peanuts because they are paid by their former teams they got fired from....for ruining those teams.

You get the "Madden" video game playbook. No creativity, calling the wrong plays. I mean how many times did Patricia call that "run up the middle" that got negative yardage?

I've been saying this for awhile. But This offense was fine last year. And Mac looked like a good prospect. We added more talent and got worse. What changed? McDaniels left and we replaced him with Patricia/judge rather than a real OC

That's what happens when you decline to name/hire a real OC and put Patricia/Judge who have never done it before in charge of the offense. This is on Bill. Instead of filling the coaching staff with new minds. It's yes men he can pay peanuts because they are paid by their former teams they got fired from....for ruining those teams.

You get the "Madden" video game playbook. No creativity, calling the wrong plays. I mean how many times did Patricia call that "run up the middle" that got negative yardage?

I've been saying this for awhile. But This offense was fine last year. And Mac looked like a good prospect. We added more talent and got worse. What changed? McDaniels left and we replaced him with Patricia/judge rather than a real OC
I was 3 yards short of 135K in dinglebucks on Stevenson's rushing yards at 62.5. I had it until those two runs up the middle on the goal line lost 3 or 4 yards to go back to 60. Bill then sat him for the rest of the game. Ugh

This is coach speak for “We suck” on offense.

During the bye week will it be fixed?

One way to tell will be if the Patriots QB involves Bourne, a grossly underutilized WR, in the passing game.

Plot Twist:

Matty P has been using the "Ask Madden" feature this season to call all the offensive plays

1668003692525.png

I've been saying this for awhile. But This offense was fine last year.

An outrageous statement you keep repeating because it fits your story line. We got pummeled at the end of last year and in the playoffs. The offense and defense were both not fine. Repeating something does not make it true.

Lol I don't study film and I know what's coming.

1. Quick slant on first down for 3 yards if it's caught
2. Run up the middle on second and long
3. Attempt to throw to a crosser over the middle

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back