PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard does good job reading the tea leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a streaky player in DC too which is why the Redskins let him go.
It was a lot more complicated that that.

To say the Skins deftly managed his contract situation is not accurate.

Gordon and Dorsett are your typical cast off players that come to NE to save their careers. Brady will make them better not the other way around. Its on Brady. Its on Mcdaniels to scheme a play like last week to get Gordon the ball because he was not doing it on his own.

Edelman can get open and White can get open. Flip a coin with Gordon or Dorsett.
It’s supposed to be on Brady. He is the GOAT.
The dynasty was built on the principle of spending more heavily on the pieces Brady cannot elevate and having him elevate the pieces he affects.
Brady understands this which is why despite constant attempts at hit pieces for click bait to portray him as unhappy, he has never publicly stated any unhappiness, and is still here.

If you look at Randy's 2007 2nd 1/2 of the year it was very average. Defenses took him out of it.
Nope, only in the playoffs was he shut down. First 8 games of 2007 was 760 yards and 730 in last 8 games. Playoffs was just 7 catches for 100 yards total.

Bedard is mixing up apples and oranges here and it's irritating.

AB was one guy, who was a proven NFL commodity on game day.

He's wasn't the crowd of 100 other cast-offs and scrubs the Patriots have drafted or brought in on the cheap at WR over the years. Brady can't individually wipe all their butts AND do his job, it just not logistically possible.

I'm sure Brady sunk extra time into Moss, Welker, Gronk and Edelman over the years too, because they could actually play. Right now Harry is just another Aaron Dobson until he gives us a reason to think otherwise.

People here envision Harry K as the next David Boston.

I dont want no more kool aid.

It’s supposed to be on Brady. He is the GOAT.
The dynasty was built on the principle of spending more heavily on the pieces Brady cannot elevate and having him elevate the pieces he affects.
Brady understands this which is why despite constant attempts at hit pieces for click bait to portray him as unhappy, he has never publicly stated any unhappiness, and is still here.

Give Brady a break for a change.

Stop forcing him to play with bums like Maroney.

Give Brady a break for a change.

Stop forcing him to play with bums like Maroney.
It’s not about giving Brady a break.
Making Brady’s job easier comes at the expense of other areas and would be a net negative.
It’s about winning. It’s football, not fantasy football.

Love me some Brady. He’s accomplished things - in the biggest of games/in the most desperate of times - that are beyond belief. Clutch, confident, killer.

But he’s been whiny on several occasions. I found the latest comments about « mental energy » weird. But, let’s keep it real, Brady is weird. Luckily, he’s our weirdo and I hope he continues to be for a few seasons still. But, while I figure he’ll be around next year, this is the season I most feel like that might not happen. I for one would not be shocked if he wasn’t in NE for 2020-21. Doesn’t mean I’m predicting it. Just « wouldn’t be shocked ».

Brady's indeed been whiny recently but his whines have been justified. His contract situation has been poorly handled. And AB situation was also poorly handled.

Rewinding back a few years, Deflategate, Garropollo and Guerrero situations were all also very poorly handled by the team.

Infact, I don't recall when a situation was well handled by the team with regards to Brady.

Making Brady’s job easier comes at the expense of other areas and would be a net negative.

AB was a steal at $9m. And if it was about winning football, he'd still be on the team.

Nope, only in the playoffs was he shut down. First 8 games of 2007 was 760 yards and 730 in last 8 games. Playoffs was just 7 catches for 100 yards total.
No.

I view the Week 11 Philly game in 07 and afterwards as clearly showing defenses keying on taking away Randy's big plays.

Playoffs were just continuation of the last 6 reg season games.

1st 10 games
6.6 catches per game
9.4 targets/game
100yds a game
16ypc
1.6tds per game
71% catch

Last 9 games
4.3catches per game
9.4 targets
59ypg
13.5ypc
.9tds game
46% catch

BB spent 9 million on AB because youre wrong. Brown got open. Its about receivers that are open.

More than ever now with Gost gone because the 50 yard FG is off the menu.

I’m not sure it’s such an interesting area of discussion, tbh. At this stage of his career, I think Brady wants to be with a team that gives him the best chance to win… a team with a good defense, running game, well coached, etc. Meaning that whether he’s feeling a little disgruntled or whatever, the best place for him is still going to be the Patriots.

And the Pats know that and are taking advantage of that leverage. Which puts a bad taste in Brady's mouth.

Not blaming him but ironically he didn’t win when he had one of the goat WRs.

We had Gordon for most of the last season.

Or are you only counting post-season availability.

Also keep in mind Gronk is a HoF TE and the most effective receiving threat in the NFL.

And the Pats know that and are taking advantage of that leverage. Which puts a bad taste in Brady's mouth.
Which is irrelevant here as the NEP cannot (I believe didn't want to) franchise Tom.

Don't kid yourself. Tom and Yee like leverage too.

Ironic how the 6 rings on his fingers were won with...

Branch - never 1k yrds
Brown - one 1k yds
Patton- #2 #3 option never 1k
DA- never 700k yds
JE- two 1k seasons
LaFell- never 1k year
Givens- never 1k

I agree and do believe that when Brady is forced to throw to other people, the team does better. Brady is 42. People get pissy when they get older. And I bet his wife - the person with the money and other nice things! - is pushing him to leave. I could see him in Florida actually for his last years.

BB spent 9 million on AB because youre wrong. Brown got open. Its about receivers that are open.

More than ever now with Gost gone because the 50 yard FG is off the menu.
I’m right based upon 20 years of dynasty.

AB was a steal at $9m. And if it was about winning football, he'd still be on the team.
He shot himself off the team. You can only blame him for that.
We will continue to win without him.

Brady has played longer seasons year after year than anyone in the history of the NFL so if he "needs" to take a little extra time off to re-charge/connect with his family that is fine with me. There is no question that the Pats offense has been difficult for new WR's to pick up. Also true that the Pats have not invested a lot of draft capital in the position over Brady's career. If he is frustrated that he is playing with a banged up OL and limited receiving options that certainly makes sense. While winning is Brady's ultimate objective I have no doubt he also wants to put up big numbers at 42 and be one of the top rated QB's.

Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner.

Reading the Bedard piece, where he point s to the last two years of OTAs that Brady has missed I practically shouted out loud “He is just compensating for the 2 weeks each of those years that he is working extra in Jan/Feb than every other WB on the planet!!!!!

How Bedard (who is usually quite perceptive) missed THAT salient point is beyond me and may, unfortunately, have more to do with business reasons for his website than anything else.

Tom is probably just pissed about Harry to IR, AB acquired and released and Thomas released. Tough circumstances that were connected with each other.

Again, things will get better. Our receiving core is solid and will get better as the season goes on.

Agree- I don’t see having N’keal Harry over to his house in the off-season for practice as a reluctance to work with young WR’s...

It might make sense if you were to exclude Gronk, Hernandez and RB's like James White etc. Better receivers might make this team better, but at what expense?? A weaker defense??

Bedard throwing K'neal Harry into that mix is strange as he hasn't even played a down yet... it is not as though they drafted a WR with a long history of health issues...

Bedard showed the complete list of receivers drafted by the Patriots over the Belichick era.
The last successful wide receiver drafted was Deion Branch 17 years ago. The last successful player who became a receiver was Edelman in the seventh - a college QB 10 years ago. If you consider Brandon Tate successful you can claim him.
So selecting successful receivers would not come at the expense of the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes