PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard does good job reading the tea leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe that the NE passing game will look great vs a terrible Redskins defense.

But I prefer to base my opinion off playoff caliber defenses.

Bedard is a joke.

Brady is not laughing.

He is willing to take less money to put good players around him.

Bedard is a follow along who tries to throw some gas into the fire to meet his need for attention, does this sound like good reporting?? Is he bottom feeding for some Face Book likes or Twitter followers?? The true barometer of how well a sports scribe is doing??

For the fans who instantly reflect on the Patriots' near-complete inability to draft receivers in the QB's career, those comments from Brady are irritating.

It might make sense if you were to exclude Gronk, Hernandez and RB's like James White etc. Better receivers might make this team better, but at what expense?? A weaker defense??

Bedard throwing K'neal Harry into that mix is strange as he hasn't even played a down yet... it is not as though they drafted a WR with a long history of health issues..

Thought last week that #12 seemed off, battling an injury?? Also thought last week they had a crap O game plan as well. Was Brady less focused than he usually is.. a few drops, but as many poorly thrown balls as well..

Love me some Brady. He’s accomplished things - in the biggest of games/in the most desperate of times - that are beyond belief. Clutch, confident, killer.

But he’s been whiny on several occasions. I found the latest comments about « mental energy » weird. But, let’s keep it real, Brady is weird. Luckily, he’s our weirdo and I hope he continues to be for a few seasons still. But, while I figure he’ll be around next year, this is the season I most feel like that might not happen. I for one would not be shocked if he wasn’t in NE for 2020-21. Doesn’t mean I’m predicting it. Just « wouldn’t be shocked ».

like Jamie Collins?
I’d like to take this op, once again, to apologize to my dear friend, Collins. I thought you’d be a backup rusher. Depth. I am so so happy to be wrong. Welcome back old chum. You’re really doing it.

The goal is to put the best team together. Who cares if the offense is average, the defense is great as long as we win?

Brady is 42, has won everything, he shouldn't really care at this point how we construct the roster.

We have seen how things go when we have all this offensive talent and the defense suffers on the other hand. It ends in heartbreak

Brady has played longer seasons year after year than anyone in the history of the NFL so if he "needs" to take a little extra time off to re-charge/connect with his family that is fine with me. There is no question that the Pats offense has been difficult for new WR's to pick up. Also true that the Pats have not invested a lot of draft capital in the position over Brady's career. If he is frustrated that he is playing with a banged up OL and limited receiving options that certainly makes sense. While winning is Brady's ultimate objective I have no doubt he also wants to put up big numbers at 42 and be one of the top rated QB's.

Brady is not laughing.

He is willing to take less money to put good players around him.
You buy into anyone who supports your trolling agenda.

like Jamie Collins?

Can you imagine Brady playing for the Vikings? Mixon, Diggs and Theilen.

Mint the Super Bowl rings before the season started because Brady would destroy the NFL with that talent.

Can you imagine Brady playing for the Vikings? Mixon, Diggs and Theilen.

Mint the Super Bowl rings before the season started because Brady would destroy the NFL with that talent.
doesn't do much when you don't win the big one.

Would be just like 2010-12 Patriots.

The goal is to put the best team together. Who cares if the offense is average, the defense is great as long as we win?

Brady is 42, has won everything, he shouldn't really care at this point how we construct the roster.

We have seen how things go when we have all this offensive talent and the defense suffers on the other hand. It ends in heartbreak
Much more important to have a cohesive, functioning OL and the health of the wr’s we currently have than AB or the experience of the wr’s.

Last edited:
No great revelations here.

If he walks after this year you can point to all these things as factors. If he doesn't, they mean nothing.

At this stage of Bradys career it should be about making his life easier by acquiring better players.

We already know that Brady can make the average JAG WR a household name.

Sure. I’m the one who’s constantly starting whining negative threads. Mirror mirror time troll, before you melt.

like Jamie Collins?

Makes no sense. Collins is here on the cheap.

Spend top money on guys that have proven themselves as WRs. Like AB. BB was willing to risk 9 million on him because he brought skills that produced dividends immediately. Screw all the waiting around for guys to get with the program like your Harry K, Gunner, Meyers. Dorsett has been in NEP school for 3 years.

Love me some Brady. He’s accomplished things - in the biggest of games/in the most desperate of times - that are beyond belief. Clutch, confident, killer.

But he’s been whiny on several occasions. I found the latest comments about « mental energy » weird. But, let’s keep it real, Brady is weird. Luckily, he’s our weirdo and I hope he continues to be for a few seasons still. But, while I figure he’ll be around next year, this is the season I most feel like that might not happen. I for one would not be shocked if he wasn’t in NE for 2020-21. Doesn’t mean I’m predicting it. Just « wouldn’t be shocked ».
I'm sure he's had his whiny moments but I'd caution against believing the media spin on things.

The guys allowed to show emotions without it meaning there's a coup coming but why would the media assume that when they can spin any little sign of emotion into a story about hating BB or making him into some dictator for offensive weapons over letting BB and Nick build a roster they see fit.

Can't he want more veteran weapons while also liking what the roster and team look like and very much wanting to continue to be a part of it even if a little frustrated over weapons.

Sure. I’m the one who’s constantly starting whining negative threads. Mirror mirror time troll, before you melt.

Cartoons are on.

Youre missing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes