PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Barstool Sports Talk Show on ESPN cancelled after just 1 episode

I guess I'm missing something here. How does this make Samantha Ponder and Sarah Spain hypocrites? Sure, it might make ESPN look bad, but they always find a way to look bad.

Ponder is a hypocrite because she complained about something that Barstool said 3 years ago and then people dug up tweets from her that were more offensive than what they said. She also slut shamed Sterger during the Favre thing.

Sarah Spain is a huge hypocrite because she broke into the sports media business by putting herself up for auction for Super Bowl tickets, yet she's slut shamed Jenn Sterger and Paige Spiranac to name a couple. She point blank said Sterger was lying about the Favre thing and slut shamed her. Then she gave a lame apology today to Sterger but denied that she did it, although Sterger showed the proof and then she said she's changed since then which was utter ******** because she just a week or two ago she was slut shaming Paige Spiranac who is a friend of Barstool.

Those were the 2 that were supposedly rallying the people at ESPN and supposedly had anti-Barstool people on the verge of a walkout if the show wasn't cancelled.

So they attack, hate and accuse Barstool for stuff there is proof of them doing. Definition of being a hypocrite

I can easily see that some would think Barstool objectifies women and ESPN has way bigger advertisers to please than the Stool.

This wasn't an advertiser thing. This was the host of sunday nfl countdown and one of their more prominent women personalities threatening to walkout thing.

Just reading into this, it honestly makes me sad. If you look at it from an objective viewpoint... ESPN looks so ridiculously weak.

The basic facts here are that ESPN started a show with a couple guys from Barstool who are known to be decent generally. Barstool itself can be raunchy but these two individuals aren’t bad.

The day before their show’s first episode aired, Sam Ponder posted two random screenshots supposedly sourced from Barstool’s site saying insulting things about her, and tweeted them directly at one of the two Barstool guys (Big Cat) saying “welcome to the ESPN family (and all your minions)”... Big Cat responded saying he didn’t say any of the things she posted, that they were posted by someone else. She essentially replied with “yes you did” and then that’s it. Big Cat continued to state in responses to her tweet by others that he never said those things, and she never showed any proof that he was related to the comments at all.

Many say “well he’s from Barstool too so why does it matter” - but this is essentially the same as posting a ridiculous inflammatory statement by Steven A Smith and saying Ponder said it. They both work for ESPN so why does it matter?

Where the hypocrisy comes in is when Jenn Sterger makes allegations of sexual harassment against ESPN executives. So it really comes full circle - ESPN hires Barstool guys, Ponder blasts one of them for comments made on the Barstool site by some completely different person, so the only relation is “they’re both from Barstool”, but then you get sexual harassment allegations against someone from the same network as Ponder. So by Ponder’s own logic, is she not complicit in that sexual harassment just the same as Big Cat is supposedly complicit in random comments from random people on a site he’s from?

The part that’s worst to me is that ESPN had the guts to partner with Barstool in the first place but then are so weak that they cancel the entire thing immediately just because one of their female employees said someone there said something bad about her (someone not working for ESPN). It’s so stupid.

Viva La Stool!

FESPN

This reminds of the old adage those who tweet are twats.

Sarah Spain is a huge hypocrite because she broke into the sports media business by putting herself up for auction for Super Bowl tickets,
Whuh whuh huh...?? How does that even work?? I take out Sarah Spain on a date and in return I get 2 Super Bowl tickets? I suppose I'd consider it if they are great seats and NE is in it....

yet she's slut shamed Jenn Sterger and Paige Spiranac to name a couple
Paige Spiranac just might be the single most perfect looking human being on the planet....

Last edited:
Amazing that something exists which can make me side with ESPN.
I like Lou Merloni's suggestion... the executives at ESPN should state that any employee offended by the programming lineup is free to seek employment elsewhere.

I guarantee you'd never see those 2 talentless hacks on the national stage ever again. Of course, I also guarantee neither of them puts their money where their pieholes are.

Man, have we gotten so PC that posters on a football message board are wagging their fingers at a site that posts pictures of girls in bikinis? Jeez.
We're wagging our fingers at a site run by a plagiarist that posted naked pictures of Brady's son and made cracks about the son's penis.

According to Sterger's tweets, ESPN apparently has their own little Harvey Weinstein working there. She talked about a story where she was harassed by an executive and said she has gotten several PM's from other women with the same problem.

I'd love to see this blow up in ESPN's faces.

Yeah, I have a friend who works a lower level job there, and she says getting hit on and harassed is just part of the culture at ESPN...which doesn't shock me in the slightest.

We're wagging our fingers at a site run by a plagiarist that posted naked pictures of Brady's son and made cracks about the son's penis.

I don't know what your ax to grind is about plagiarism but it really doesn't seem to be relevant to anything here.

I don't know what your ax to grind is about plagiarism but it really doesn't seem to be relevant to anything here.
I don't care to support someone who rips off other people. So that (among other things) is why I'm glad ESPN sh#tcanned the show.

cut the cord with FESPN during the Dehategate imbroglio. BTW, any national media entity that considers a Jeschmell Shrill and Moronchael Smitten prime time material needs to have its corporate blood checkedfor melioidosis.

cut the cord with FESPN during the Dehategate imbroglio. BTW, any national media entity that considers a Jeschmell Shrill and Moronchael Smitten prime time material needs to have its corporate blood checkedfor melioidosis.
Grasshopper,

I sense you are holding back. Let us know your true feelings on the subject.

:D

Funny seeing anybody working at ESPN trying to high road anybody.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back