PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Barstool Sports Talk Show on ESPN cancelled after just 1 episode

Right...your paragon of decent and respectful...

jemele-hill-twitter-1.png

Every single one of those tweets is true.

Dunno how we got onto this Jemele thing but, I think the problem is is people only scream for free speech when it supports their agenda, I think ESPN should have the right to punish anyone who they believe doesn't represent them properly. Not saying I disagree with what Jemele has to say but, ESPN is well within their right to punish her if they choose to (which of course can still be open to criticism if it's the right thing to do). It's annoying when people who cheered on ESPN firing conservatives (and vice versa) now decide that free speech is relevant in the private sector. It either is or it isn't, you have to pick one.

You call it "political correctness", I call it "being a decent, respectful person".
There outta be a happy medium where we are being respectful but, aren't getting upset if people are unaware of whatever pronoun or gender you identify are. I try to do my best to be respectful but, I'm not constantly checking it on whatever updates they've made to LBGT+ or whatever it is now.

Plagiarism is a reflection of personal character, or lack thereof.
I wasn't supporting plagiarism, LOL, it was more than I don't think one in 1000 people knows what he's referring to. And doesn't really seem to be relevant here.

Wait, someone doesn't understand why people find plagiarism disgusting behavior? Seriously?
No, the board is unified in its opposition to plagiarism. We are also against racism and communism and all the other isms.

The company who started deflategate and kept its fire burning or the company who fought it harder then any other media outlet out there. I'll go with Barstool in this one.

What are they thinking at ESPN? Didn't they do their due diligence before partnering with Barstool? And since when do the employees set the direction on which shows they put on air? I thought they had executives to do that. I guess the inmates are running the prison...whoops....running the asylum at ESPN.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back