PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asante goes off on Bill/Pats organization

Not when that would require me to prove a negative.
Football's been around a hundred years... but I'm sure you did your research.

BB sucks, he's responsible for global warming, plastic in the ocean and the high price of gas... we get it.

Sorry for skipping the first 16 PAGES of this thread, but I gotta ask (and sorry again if this question has already been asked):

Does this mean we won't be drafting his kid now?

I made numerous other comments about these players being a waste, those were simply the first that popped up... I guess if I don't say BB doomed this team, the sky is falling and Brady carried him it's not enough for BB haters.
Actually, something along the lines of “I hope this isn’t another waste of a BB draft pick at the CB position” would be “slamming” BB. Citing two posts on another forum, where you don’t even mention him by name, and then go out of your way to give both players the benefit of the doubt, doesn’t fit the bill.

Actually, something along the lines of “I hope this isn’t another waste of a BB draft pick at the CB position” would be “slamming” BB. Citing two posts on another forum, where you don’t even mention him by name, and then go out of your way to give both players the benefit of the doubt, doesn’t fit the bill.
Sure... in a draft thread when Dawson was just selected. In a Kony Ealy thread when he was just traded for... not enough for you.

Bill is horrible.... is that good, or should I go find where his boat is moored and punch a hole in the hull?

Football's been around a hundred years... but I'm sure you did your research.

BB sucks, he's responsible for global warming, plastic in the ocean and the high price of gas... we get it.

Oh look...an internet guy realizes he's dug in so far his arguments have become laughable, so instead of just bowing out gracefully, he triples down with extreme, irrelevant straw man arguments and acts like he's been victimized by an evil mob. Never seen that before... :whistle:

Look at this moron. I’m not going to disagree that DT is a need. But saying this when Tampa just scored 30+ in all four games is the height of stupidity. And this idiot actually played the game at a pro level.

Uh--If JaMarr Chase isn't there or Smith, I am definitely not going to complain if they take Micah Parsons.

You realize that, over the course of any season in any sport, athletes are generally not 100% focused. Are you 100% focused and dialed-in on any given day at your job? So why would it be different for an athlete?
You and I have not, and will never agree on this issue.

If he can't focus for the week leading up to the biggest game of the year and the 3hrs during he should not play.

He admitted it and Bill knew it.

Last edited:
Dude..what reality are you living in? That defense had at least two future Hall of Famers in Ty Law and Richard Seymour; both were all-decade team selections. It also had Willie McGinest, Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel, and Lawyer Milloy. Not everyone is typically all-pro in the same year, but it had SIX guys who were all-pro at some point. Six. And all of them starters.
This is factually incorrect, not to mention missing some serious context. Willie and bruschi were never all pros. Seymour was a rookie and only started 10 games that year and didn’t make the pro bowl nvm all pro status until 2004. Milloy was an all pro once in 1999. Vrabel I was surprised to learn got voted one all pro in 2007 but in 2001 he was an unwanted back up that got signed for peanuts. You are wearing some seriously rose colored with what we know now homer glasses if your argument is that defense was star studded. They played well as a team and did their job while being physical but they did not just line up and blow people away with “talent”.

Oh look...an internet guy realizes he's dug in so far his arguments have become laughable, so instead of just bowing out gracefully, he triples down with extreme, irrelevant straw man arguments and acts like he's been victimized by an evil mob. Never seen that before... :whistle:
Yeah... a small contingent of fans who believe BB sucks at his job despite being the winningest coach in history beside Chuck Noll disagree with me, and all because he let their sacred cow leave to win another ring when he knew he needed to reload his team. Show me where I'm claiming victimization... it's a reloading season and all the Negative Nancy's are off their meds.

Yeah... a small contingent of fans who believe BB sucks at his job despite being the winningest coach in history besides Chuck Noll disagree with me, and all because he let their sacred cow leave to win another ring when he knew he needed to reload his team. Show me where I'm claiming victimization... it's a reloading season and all the Negative Nancy's are off their meds.

Awesome straw man again. Show me where anyone arguing with you right now says Bill Belichick sucks at his job.

Are you unable to discuss the Malcolm Butler decision without reverting to EvErYoNe iS JuSt TrYiNg tO GeT BiLl CaUsE ThEy'Re bUtThUrT ? It sure seems like you're not able to. You are absolutely trying to become a victim who's being attacked by an angry mob out for blood, as evidenced here: BB sucks, he's responsible for global warming, plastic in the ocean and the high price of gas... we get it.

Eric Rowe started all last season on the 5th best defense in the NFL... Malcolm Butler started on the 27th worst defense in the NFL and they're looking to get out from under his contract... Butler hasn't been good since 2016.
Ok man, you go from not addressing what happened in SB 52 to performances in 2020 season.

I guess we're done here.

That's just not a credible story at all. Butler played well 2 weeks before. Are we to believe that he fell apart the week before the SB? It's not like he hadn't been in a SB before and made one of the most amazing plays in NFL history.

Malcolm came out with a completely different tune right after the game disputing the false claims about him. He also said the team gave up on him.

I think it's more believable that once Butler had his contract with the Titans, he (wisely) chose to put this incident behind, took the high road, and fell on a sword to not "piss off" one of the most influential (spiteful) persons in the NFL.
What is not a credible story? It's Malcolm's quote. He said it.

He didn't have to say anything in July. He had no motivation to admit it. He got his $. He could have remained silent. I think he wanted to get it off his chest just like after the SB.

He started and played 98% of the snaps vs JAX. Fine.

He got sick and behind on the prep vs PHI. Whatever. It happens.

For whatever reason he didn't make up the prep for PHI. The guy started 50+ games before 2017 SB. I'm sure he fell behind on prep before. He'd been ready EVERY time. What changed?

He split reps w/ Rowe all week. Bill clearly intended to play him (I believe).

Between the last practice and the game it was determined by the coaching staff Malcolm was not ready to play in the game. We all know that and Malcolm later confirmed it was true.

If you choose to take what he said immediately after the game but discard what he said months later that's selective.

Look at this moron. I’m not going to disagree that DT is a need. But saying this when Tampa just scored 30+ in all four games is the height of stupidity. And this idiot actually played the game at a pro level.

Agree but the team has needs at DL, LB, WR, TE, OL, & QB. If Mac Jones isn't the guy, then the best player at any of those positions works for me. I'd lose it if he drafts a CB in the 1st round.

This is factually incorrect, not to mention missing some serious context. Willie and bruschi were never all pros. Seymour was a rookie and only started 10 games that year and didn’t make the pro bowl nvm all pro status until 2004. Milloy was an all pro once in 1999. Vrabel I was surprised to learn got voted one all pro in 2007 but in 2001 he was an unwanted back up that got signed for peanuts. You are wearing some seriously rose colored with what we know now homer glasses if your argument is that defense was star studded. They played well as a team and did their job while being physical but they did not just line up and blow people away with “talent”.

They played well as a team and did their job while being physical but they did not just line up and blow people away with “talent”.

Can you explain what this means, citing specific examples? How does this differ from the 2000 Patriots? How does this differ from other teams in the league? Did the Raiders, Steelers, and Rams run around without assignments? Did they not play physical? I really need specifics. I gave you specifics about which players made the Patriots defense so good down the stretch; I said it was great players. You're trying to minimize this. Explain what you mean and stop using generalizations and statements that have no meaning like "did their job while being physical." I cited specific players, so surely you can cite specific plays, concepts, coaching strategies, etc.

Jumping back into the Malcom Butler argument, I've asked this many times but always followed by crickets. Chandler Jones was found at a Police Station parking lot high as a kite praying shirtless. He was then taken to a hospital and released on Thursday yet he played on Sunday vs the Chiefs in the 2015 AFCDG. Why is that?

Also, if this were Tom Brady "sick" and not having a "good week of practice" or not "100% locked in", would BB bench him? Of course not so that goes against Bill treating players equally.

Last edited:
Jumping back into the Malcom Butler argument, I've asked this many times but always followed by crickets. Chandler Jones was found at a Police Station parking lot high as a kite praying shirtless. He was then taken to a hospital and released on Thursday yet he played on Sunday vs the Chiefs in the 2015 AFCDG. Why is that?

Also, if this were Tom Brady "sick" and not having a "good week of practice" or not "100% locked in", would BB bench him? Of course not so that goes against Bill treating players equally.
In 2015 Chandler Jones was arguably their best defender, in 2017 Malcolm Butler was unquestionably their worst starting defender... pretty simple.

I was going to bring up Robinson but figured no one would actually go so low as to try to equate the two situations. But I forgot this is Team Bill here, so nothing is off-limits.

By the way, Robinson was arrested and he still played.

When you say "There are others" are you going to name them?
I see Robisnon still played. I was wrong. As for comparing the 2, we don't know what Butler did, but I'm not going to knock Robinson for soliciting. Something that 1000s of NFL players did before a big game.

As for the others, Barrett Robbins was benched after his bender in Tijuana. I don't know if Stanley Wilson was even fit to play after passing out from his cocaine bender. But he didn't play (unlike Callahan who just sent Robbins home, Sam Wyche is not on record as benching Wilson, though Wilson didn't play). If you look at NFL championship there was the Packers Max McGhee who was benched, and of course, our very own Irving Fryar following his arrest for domestic abuse. Tank Johnson was also famously suspended for an arrest with guns.

On Chandler Jones, it's probably because of the NFL's collective bargaining agreement. His drug was legal. So, I'm guessing the union would have argued he had an adverse reaction to a legal drug.

In 2015 Chandler Jones was arguably their best defender, in 2017 Malcolm Butler was unquestionably their worst starting defender... pretty simple.
But that goes against Bill's way of doing things. Jones gets a pass because he's the "best defender" so it's okay to slack off as long as you're good? He barely practiced. As far as Butler goes, Rowe was the graded the worst CB in the NFL by PFF and the Eagles made it public they were going to target him.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back