PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asante goes off on Bill/Pats organization

In the history of the Super Bowl, only one regular starter has ever been benched for “not being focused” or whatever the excuse here.
That's a made up stat...

The week leading up to it IS his Super Bowl. The game should be execution. You do the work in the weeks leading up to it. If he wasn't getting the prep work done, he should have been benched. This is Malcolm Butler we're talking about - the biggest example of what Super Bowl preparation can do. His interception was 90% prep & 10% execution.
The prep work leading up to the SB? There was prep work? LMAO

They allowed 538 yards, 63% 3rd down efficiency, 100% 4th down efficiency, 164 rushing yards, and a whopping 41 points!

In 23-years, no SB defense had allowed a 40-burger since Denver got de-panted by the Seahawks (SB 48) and the Raiders got rolled by the Bucs (SB 37). There was ZERO execution.

Malcolm Butler would've definitely helped that pathetically un-prepared defense.

Butler was never that good, his absence didn’t effect the 2017 Super Bowl one iota.
Butler made a pro bowl. Belichick thought he was good enough to play nearly 100% of the defensive snaps for 3 years. Brady said he was a good player and would have made a difference in SB 52. Butler started every game for the Titans this season and he played 97% of the defensive snaps. He led the Titans in INT's. He's a good player.

Butler was a much better player than Eric Rowe, Johnson Bademosi and Jordan Richards. All three sucked on literally every snaps in SB 52. That's a combined 98 snaps of awful play while a better option stood on the the sideline in uniform. There's no defending the manner in which Belichick handled this situation.

1) If Butler violated a team rule in such an egregious manner then he should NOT have been in uniform, on the sideline, and playing on special teams. Belichick should have had Butler Inactive for the game and not at the stadium. And give me any bullsh*t about Belichick was "doing right by the player" because that's not consistent with doing what's in the best interest of the team. If Butler did anything obviously bad (like striking a teammate or coach) leading up to the Super Bowl then he should have been Inactive. Under that scenario, f*ck him, and his free agency market, the team had a Super Bowl to win.

2) If Butler was deemed well enough to suit up (which he was so the illness excuse is out) but not effective enough to play over Rowe, Bademosi and Richards (due to a poor week of practice or whatever), then that evaluation should have been discounted as soon as it was apparent Rowe, Bademosi and Richards were getting torched in pass coverage and they were embarrassingly missing tackles. It should have crossed Belichick's mind that perhaps this player in uniform that played 100% of the defensive snaps in the divisional round and conference championship game may have been worth a look on at least one or two plays when it was blatantly obvious the alternatives were f*cking up the game.

Belichick lost that Super Bowl with one inexplicable decision. Making such a poor decision of that magnitude is inexcusable for an alleged GOAT of coaching. Add to that his pitiful handling of the Brady situation and his legacy is taking a significant hit.

The prep work leading up to the SB? There was prep work? LMAO

They allowed 538 yards, 63% 3rd down efficiency, 100% 4th down efficiency, 164 rushing yards, and a whopping 41 points!

In 23-years, no SB defense had allowed a 40-burger since Denver got de-panted by the Seahawks (SB 48) and the Raiders got rolled by the Bucs (SB 37). There was ZERO execution.

Malcolm Butler would've definitely helped that pathetically un-prepared defense.
Donta Hightower, Alan Branch, Jonathan Jones and Patrick Chung who got hurt in game would have helped... they were all injured.

The Eagles were simply better because the Pats D was wracked with injury, the Eagles were the best team in the NFL the entire season.

I provided links/tweets for my “made up BS” so show me where I was wrong. You can’t... it’s faux outrage on Butler’s behalf and more “because I say so” nonsense with zero substance.

I slammed Belichick when he didn’t address the TE position the offseason before last, when he drafted Duke Dawson, Dominique Easley and traded for Kony Ealy... everyone gets judged on the merits of their actions so save the holier than thou BS. Butler was wrong. You think you’re worth x amount of dollars, play the contract you signed, go out and prove it.

We should make a tag for everyone that simply hates Belichick, you guys can start a support group for Brady loss survivors.
You weren’t even here when he drafted Easley. Perhaps you’re mistaking this forum for your Twitter account? Here’s what searching the keyword “Dawson” and your name turns up...

1614015588223.png

Here’s what the key word “Easley” and your name turns up...

1614015663225.png

Here’s what the key word “Ealy” and your name turns up...

1614015732375.png

Tune in next week for another episode of “S.hit That Never Happened.” Starring Matt Chatham, former JAG and local nobody.

Butler made a pro bowl. Belichick thought he was good enough to play nearly 100% of the defensive snaps for 3 years. Brady said he was a good player and would have made a difference in SB 52. Butler started every game for the Titans this season and he played 97% of the defensive snaps. He led the Titans in INT's. He's a good player.

Butler was a much better player than Eric Rowe, Johnson Bademosi and Jordan Richards. All three sucked on literally every snaps in SB 52. That's a combined 98 snaps of awful play while a better option stood on the the sideline in uniform. There's no defending the manner in which Belichick handled this situation.

1) If Butler violated a team rule in such an egregious manner then he should NOT have been in uniform, on the sideline, and playing on special teams. Belichick should have had Butler Inactive for the game and not at the stadium. And give me any bullsh*t about Belichick was "doing right by the player" because that's not consistent with doing what's in the best interest of the team. If Butler did anything obviously bad (like striking a teammate or coach) leading up to the Super Bowl then he should have been Inactive. Under that scenario, f*ck him, and his free agency market, the team had a Super Bowl to win.

2) If Butler was deemed well enough to suit up (which he was so the illness excuse is out) but not effective enough to play over Rowe, Bademosi and Richards (due to a poor week of practice or whatever), then that evaluation should have been discounted as soon as it was apparent Rowe, Bademosi and Richards were getting torched in pass coverage and they were embarrassingly missing tackles. It should have crossed Belichick's mind that perhaps this player in uniform that played 100% of the defensive snaps in the divisional round and conference championship game may have been worth a look on at least one or two plays when it was blatantly obvious the alternatives were f*cking up the game.

Belichick lost that Super Bowl with one inexplicable decision. Making such a poor decision of that magnitude is inexcusable for an alleged GOAT of coaching. Add to that his pitiful handling of the Brady situation and his legacy is taking a significant hit.
Malcolm Butler made a Pro Bowl two years prior, he also wasn't disgruntled over his contract in 2015.

Brandon Meriweather also made a pro bowl then fell off a cliff the same way Butler did in 2017... and?

Last edited:
Donta Hightower, Alan Branch, Jonathan Jones and Patrick Chung who got hurt in game would have helped... they were all injured.

The Eagles were simply better because the Pats D was wracked with injury, the Eagles were the best team in the NFL the entire season.
You just made the best point for playing Butler. If the defense had many injuries then play a non-injured starter, don't sit him on the bench.

That's a made up stat...
Off the top of my head, I can think of others. Many others. Just an example, the DB who was with a prostitute way past curfew. Robinson. He didn't play. There are others.

That's a made up stat...

A statement isn't a stat, but regardless, please direct me to that other regular starter who received a team-sanctioned Super Bowl benching for being unfocused during practice. Should be easy to find, right...

Do you notice how any criticism of Belichick leads us all back to SB52? A decision so bad it would have ruined any other coach who hadn’t already won 5 SB.

Running Brady off with championships still in him is an even bigger sin, but Bill lost me for good with his decision to bench Butler costing his team their best opportunity to win that game and his pathetic mistreatment of a SB hero by doing the deed just before kickoff.

I root for the Pats, so I still want Belichick to succeed, but once he’s gone there won’t be any sentimental good wishes for him from me.

Off the top of my head, I can think of others. Many others. Just an example, the DB who was with a prostitute way past curfew. Robinson. He didn't play. There are others.

I was going to bring up Robinson but figured no one would actually go so low as to try to equate the two situations. But I forgot this is Team Bill here, so nothing is off-limits.

By the way, Robinson was arrested and he still played.

When you say "There are others" are you going to name them?

You weren’t even here when he drafted Easley. Perhaps you’re mistaking this forum for your Twitter account? Here’s what searching the keyword “Dawson” and your name turns up...

Here’s what the key word “Easley” and your name turns up...

Here’s what the key word “Ealy” and your name turns up...

Tune in next week for another episode of “S.hit That Never Happened.” Starring Matt Chatham, former JAG and local nobody.
Duke Dawson: "Not blown away with that pick... his mobility at the pro day was horrendous. Unless he was amazing in private workouts, I don't see much here." - Wozzy

Kony Ealy: "Agree here, pass rusher only, weak against the run. Nothing special, but might inflate his value as a pass rusher for us." -Wozzy

I was here, I wasn't posting here. Sucks for you...

You just made the best point for playing Butler. If the defense had many injuries then play a non-injured starter, don't sit him on the bench.
Eric Rowe started all last season on the 5th best defense in the NFL... Malcolm Butler started on the 27th worst defense in the NFL and they're looking to get out from under his contract... Butler hasn't been good since 2016.

Look at this moron. I’m not going to disagree that DT is a need. But saying this when Tampa just scored 30+ in all four games is the height of stupidity. And this idiot actually played the game at a pro level.

A statement isn't a stat, but regardless, please direct me to that other regular starter who received a team-sanctioned Super Bowl benching for being unfocused during practice. Should be easy to find, right...
You made a declarative statement, the burden of proof is on you.

Duke Dawson: "Not blown away with that pick... his mobility at the pro day was horrendous. Unless he was amazing in private workouts, I don't see much here." - Wozzy

Kony Ealy: "Agree here, pass rusher only, weak against the run. Nothing special, but might inflate his value as a pass rusher for us." -Wozzy

It’s hilarious that you think that those two posts were you “slamming” BB when, in both instances, you gave him the benefit of the doubt if anything.

Oh damn...you said you were "not blown away" by one draft pick and weren't sold on a turnaround project who the Patriots picked up in exchange for eight draft slots. I doubt Bill will ever walk straight again after the pounding you gave him there.

How did this thread, and the defense of BB, actually manage to get worse than it was the day of the drunk posting?

You made a declarative statement, the burden of proof is on you.

Not when that would require me to prove a negative.

It’s hilarious that you think that those two posts were you “slamming” BB when, in both instances, you gave him the benefit of the doubt if anything.
I made numerous other comments about these players being a waste, those were simply the first that popped up... I guess if I don't say BB doomed this team, the sky is falling and Brady carried him it's not enough for BB haters.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back