PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are Big Moves Soon to Happen? Can you feel it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Cousin.
You are in the "keep Jimmy G" house.
No I am not. I'm just saying a solid argument can be made.

If it were me I would trade him (assuming we got no less than a mid #1) and draft another QB in the 3rd round to compete with Brissett. But while I would trade him I can understand, and even make, the argument for the other side.

No I am not. I'm just saying a solid argument can be made.

If it were me I would trade him (assuming we got no less than a mid #1) and draft another QB in the 3rd round to compete with Brissett. But while I would trade him I can understand, and even make, the argument for the other side.
Fair retort.
DW Toys

Patriots met with Obi Melifonwu again today. That and the Ryan Ramczyk visits certainly suggests they're preparing the field for a Butler trade to get e2 back. Doesn't mean it's a certainty but I think it makes it more likely.
Reminds me of Devin Mccourty personality wise is built like dare I say Ras I dowling.
If you are a defensive back and under 5ft11 don't buy any real estate in New England

A big move is coming, and it will not involve Butler or Jimmy G.

I still think (and hope) the Browns give us #12 and more (hopefully a lot more) for JG. I think the Browns latest posturing re: Trubisky is just posturing. It's aimed at getting the Pats to lower the price . I think BB is currently asking for the moon. IOW, I think the Browns are already sold on JG. It's inevitable. The teams are just haggling over price.

As for Butler, I don't want him to go. But I do think he gets traded. Although not for a 1st round pick. Just a total guess, I'm thinking an early/mid 2nd.

So @ # 12 who do we take?

LB Reuben Foster? Throughout 2016 I loved his play. He seemed like the perfect fit. But through the draft process he's revealed some off-field concerns for me.

S Jabrill Peppers? I think BB could do wonders with this guy. Box Safety, covering RBs & TEs, sub-package LB. Even kick returner.

OT Ryan Ramczyk? Solder isn't bad, but isn't the stud I hoped for. Plus he's had a injury/health concerns. Besides, isn't Solder's contract up soon?

a CB? that would be great but #12 might be an awkward spot. Too late to get a true stud. Too early for the second-tier guys.

a WR? We seem pretty set at the position. At least set enough not to spend a 1st on another one.

RB Leonard Fournette? He's the big bruising type RB that I prefer and seems like a Blount clone. But I can't see BB spending that kind of draft capital on an RB. Especially with how he's filled the position in the offseason. PS-I'm totally not interested in Dalvin Cook for off-field reasons and Christian McCarthy duplicates what we already have.

DE Derek Barnett? A D-lineman in the 1st would definitely fit BB's pattern. But with the acquisition of Kony Ealy would BB do this before seeing what he can get out of Ealy?

OLB Haason Reddick? He played DE at a smaller school (Temple) but projects to OLB because of his size. I can't see BB taking this much of a projection/leap of faith in the 1st round..

I still think (and hope) the Browns give us #12 and more (hopefully a lot more) for JG. I think the Browns latest posturing re: Trubisky is just posturing. It's aimed at getting the Pats to lower the price . I think BB is currently asking for the moon. IOW, I think the Browns are already sold on JG. It's inevitable. The teams are just haggling over price.

As for Butler, I don't want him to go. But I do think he gets traded. Although not for a 1st round pick. Just a total guess, I'm thinking an early/mid 2nd.

So @ # 12 who do we take?

LB Reuben Foster? Throughout 2016 I loved his play. He seemed like the perfect fit. But through the draft process he's revealed some off-field concerns for me.

S Jabrill Peppers? I think BB could do wonders with this guy. Box Safety, covering RBs & TEs, sub-package LB. Even kick returner.

OT Ryan Ramczyk? Solder isn't bad, but isn't the stud I hoped for. Plus he's had a injury/health concerns. Besides, isn't Solder's contract up soon?

a CB? that would be great but #12 might be an awkward spot. Too late to get a true stud. Too early for the second-tier guys.

a WR? We seem pretty set at the position. At least set enough not to spend a 1st on another one.

RB Leonard Fournette? He's the big bruising type RB that I prefer and seems like a Blount clone. But I can't see BB spending that kind of draft capital on an RB. Especially with how he's filled the position in the offseason. PS-I'm totally not interested in Dalvin Cook for off-field reasons and Christian McCarthy duplicates what we already have.

DE Derek Barnett? A D-lineman in the 1st would definitely fit BB's pattern. But with the acquisition of Kony Ealy would BB do this before seeing what he can get out of Ealy?

OLB Haason Reddick? He played DE at a smaller school (Temple) but projects to OLB because of his size. I can't see BB taking this much of a projection/leap of faith in the 1st round..
I heard foster failed a drug test at the combine. Can anyone confirm that?

I heard foster failed a drug test at the combine. Can anyone confirm that?
He didn't fail because of testing positive for a banned substance, but rather for having "a diluted sample". I forget exactly what excuse he gave for the diluted sample, but it was something like being sick before the combine and wanting to hydrate to get his weight back up.

He's never had a problem with drug test before this one. It likely won't be an issue on where he's selected. If we DO end up with the #12 pick, I'd rather spend it on an end rusher than a LB. Personally I think Foster is going to end up being a better college player than a pro, so isn't worth that high a pick, at that position.

I have it from an inside source that some huge moves are imminent: Next weekend, the Patriots are going to add something like 10 young players to their pre-season roster.

The fact that you are even entertaining the idea that the Browns would draft someone else than Garrett with the first pick just tells me all I need to know. You should stop taking media chatter for anything more than the crap it is.

It's hard to argue with the Browns acumen when it comes to drafting rookie QBs.

It's hard to argue with the Browns acumen when it comes to drafting rookie QBs.
I'll have you know that in the past 15 years, the Browns have had something like 17 starting QB's on their roster and the Patriots have had only 3. So they must be doing something right.

:p:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back