PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are Big Moves Soon to Happen? Can you feel it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotDynasty99

On the Roster
Reaction score
It's been quiet for awhile. Belichick started the off-season with several bold moves. I think most of us really like those moves.

But now? The draft is around the corner and there are a couple of potential trade assets that Belichick could package in several different trade scenarios -- and once again reshape the roster entirely.

Of course, it's possible Belichick keeps both Butler and JG and sticks with what he has left in draft picks. Personally, I think both Butler and JG will be traded in blockbuster moves. After all, it's so unlike Belichick to sit on his hands and do nothing. Especially with these bargaining chips.

Bill Barnwell of ESPN just proposed what he admitted was a crazy 3 way trade involving the Patriots, Saints, and Browns. The Pats lose JG/Butler and gain #1 overall pick this year and a conditional 4th round 2018 pick which could become a 3rd round pick if Garoppolo plays 70% of the snaps. Oh, Cleveland also throws in Josh Gordon. Not enough? Probably not to lose both Butler/JG; however, having the #1 overall pick? Wow, so many trade down options with that possibility. Or you could just take Myles Garrett. Regardless, I think Cleveland is coming to terms with the thought of surrendering the #1 overall pick to New England for Garoppolo. So, let's just assume the Pats snag that #1 pick.

How many teams would be willing to give a BOATLOAD of picks for Garrett? I like the idea of trading down, perhaps more than once, with a few guys in mind.

Here are a few players who could be available (with a trade down) and who I'd love to have on the NE roster:

1) Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU. Want a YOUNG, physical back? They don't come any tougher, stronger than this guy. Imagine how much easier Tom Brady's life would become.

2) Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State. If Butler is lost, this would be the perfect replacement.

3) Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State. A true play maker at safety.

4) Haason Reddick, LB, Temple. Looks like a perfect fit with rare athleticism.

5) Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee. Might wind up being more productive than Garrett.

However this shakes out, I think NE fans are in for a very very wild ride in the next few weeks. The calm before the storm?

Yep. Indeed.

If you are expecting any big blockbuster moves, prepare to be disappointed. The way things look right now Butler to Saints for #32 seems like the only thing that has a remote chance of happening.

Also:

Regardless, I think Cleveland is coming to terms with the thought of surrendering the #1 overall pick to New England for Garoppolo.

facepalm.jpg

If you are expecting any big blockbuster moves, prepare to be disappointed. The way things look right now Butler to Saints for #32 seems like the only thing that has a remote chance of happening.

Also:

facepalm.jpg

Please, stop acting like you know what Belichick is going to do here. No one does. However, if you think Cleveland's interest isn't real in JG, you aren't paying attention; and likewise, if you think JG won't be traded for the right offer, you aren't paying attention.

It's been quiet for awhile. Belichick started the off-season with several bold moves. I think most of us really like those moves.

But now? The draft is around the corner and there are a couple of potential trade assets that Belichick could package in several different trade scenarios -- and once again reshape the roster entirely.

Of course, it's possible Belichick keeps both Butler and JG and sticks with what he has left in draft picks. Personally, I think both Butler and JG will be traded in blockbuster moves. After all, it's so unlike Belichick to sit on his hands and do nothing. Especially with these bargaining chips.

Bill Barnwell of ESPN just proposed what he admitted was a crazy 3 way trade involving the Patriots, Saints, and Browns. The Pats lose JG/Butler and gain #1 overall pick this year and a conditional 4th round 2018 pick which could become a 3rd round pick if Garoppolo plays 70% of the snaps. Oh, Cleveland also throws in Josh Gordon. Not enough? Probably not to lose both Butler/JG; however, having the #1 overall pick? Wow, so many trade down options with that possibility. Or you could just take Myles Garrett. Regardless, I think Cleveland is coming to terms with the thought of surrendering the #1 overall pick to New England for Garoppolo. So, let's just assume the Pats snag that #1 pick.

How many teams would be willing to give a BOATLOAD of picks for Garrett? I like the idea of trading down, perhaps more than once, with a few guys in mind.

Here are a few players who could be available (with a trade down) and who I'd love to have on the NE roster:

1) Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU. Want a YOUNG, physical back? They don't come any tougher, stronger than this guy. Imagine how much easier Tom Brady's life would become.

2) Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State. If Butler is lost, this would be the perfect replacement.

3) Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State. A true play maker at safety.

4) Haason Reddick, LB, Temple. Looks like a perfect fit with rare athleticism.

5) Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee. Might wind up being more productive than Garrett.

However this shakes out, I think NE fans are in for a very very wild ride in the next few weeks. The calm before the storm?

Yep. Indeed.
I think most of us would agree that trading down would be the most obvious and lucrative way to handle that situation, but I don't think many will buy into the idea of the top overall pick.

Please, stop acting like you know what Belichick is going to do here. No one does. However, if you think Cleveland's interest isn't real in JG, you aren't paying attention; and likewise, if you think JG won't be traded for the right offer, you aren't paying attention.

You should really take your own advice.

Sure go on thinking that the Browns are that stupid and will give up #1 for JG.

You should really take your own advice.

Sure go on thinking that the Browns are that stupid and will give up #1 for JG.
In regards to what? Knowing what Belichick won't do? And YOU know he won't trade JG? And YOU know Cleveland isn't that "stupid," to trade #1 for JG? And yet, they might be willing to select North Carolina QB Trubisky with the #1 overall pick because THAT makes more sense than trading for JG?

You "act like you know what Belichick is going to do" yourself in your OP in saying that he is gonna do two blockbuster trades and that its the calm before the storm. Luuked just disagreed with your opinion, so no need to attack him.

If somebody is willing to offer the Pats absurdly high compensation for one of their assets (which they might be), make the trade. Otherwise - and this would be my preference - just get the best you can in the draft and roll on. The Pats are in terrific shape, the fruit of wise, well thought-out decisions in the past. No need now to pull the dumbass flashy stuff lesser franchises employ to maintain their mediocrity, or worse.

Have consistently believed that Butler and Garapolo will not be on the opening day roster.. the latter is a very valuable chip that will add assets to this team..

As far as the Barnwell trade proposal, I read that also.. would like to know where he gets his stash because it sounds like some good ****.

IMO Garapolo is worth their #12 and a couple of later round draft picks in this draft or 2018...

Have consistently believed that Butler and Garapolo will not be on the opening day roster.. the latter is a very valuable chip that will add assets to this team..

As far as the Barnwell trade proposal, I read that also.. would like to know where he gets his stash because it sounds like some good ****.

IMO Garapolo is worth their #12 and a couple of later round draft picks in this draft or 2018...

Garoppolo

If you struggle with his last name, just refer to him as Jimmy G.

Don't hold your breath, when Schefter dismisses talk of Jimmy G being traded with such confidence and has done for months it makes me believe it's not going to happen he clearly gets his info from people at the top of the organization

Butler might be traded but with him needing paid on top of it, i can't see them getting anything but a pick at the very end of the first round or top of 2nd round.

Either way if you expect the Pats to be picking magically in the top 20 some draft day i think its wishful thinking.

Remember when Mallett was supposed to fetch this team a first? How about that one time when the team was absolutely going to get a first for Cassel? Ah. Good times. History, it seems, has a way of repeating itself.

Also:

facepalm.jpg

I still think Garoppolo to the Browns still might happen. I doubt the #1 overall pick will be part of the trade though.

Remember when Mallett was supposed to fetch this team a first? How about that one time when the team was absolutely going to get a first for Cassel? Ah. Good times. History, it seems, has a way of repeating itself.

The difference is that we know there are teams interested in Butler and Garoppolo. The only ones who thought Mallet had any trade value was Patriots fans.

In regards to what? Knowing what Belichick won't do? And YOU know he won't trade JG? And YOU know Cleveland isn't that "stupid," to trade #1 for JG? And yet, they might be willing to select North Carolina QB Trubisky with the #1 overall pick because THAT makes more sense than trading for JG?
It appears to them that it dors and there is a cogent argument to support it.

Garoppolo

If you struggle with his last name, just refer to him as Jimmy G.

Thanks for paying attention, did not think I was struggling, just posting my view of how I think things will work..
Good to see the spelling police are doing their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes