PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone worried about Sony and the Offense being one dimensional when he is on the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got a new left tackle, limited tight ends, and a right tackle who's not 100%.

Give Dante a chance to get the o-line...

giphy.gif

...gelling.

Maybe they should call a pass for him
they had one pass play for him I can remember but he did not get open enough and Brady missed by a lot on purpose.

1)You dont need to run the ball for PA to work.

2)Sony isn't all to blame but hes clearly not the same guy as he was in college. Again it's not entirely his fault, there are times defenders are in the backfield waiting on him. That said, in college he made things happen when they weren't there. A legit playmaker. He hasnt been that guy.

3)Harris can handle some touches if need be.

The Defense knows we are most likely running when Sony is in the game. I just watched highlight of Christian Macafrey taking 76 yard run to the house. He is a dual threat and tougher to defend.

With the state of the O Line we are going to see a lot of Rex I think.

..or no?
No.
It’s the offense. It’s always been the offense.
Play action with Sony on the field is the most successful thing we do.

FYI thru week 2 Michel played 57 snaps and carried 36 times.
Given the down distance and situation he was in that’s a pretty normal run/pass ratio.

The idea the we are one dimensional when he is in the game is a myth.

It is a long road to the playoffs. Remember in camp Sony was always thrown to. But BB doesn't like to run every single play they have in every game. We are three games in, the entire offense looks shaky and we are still scoring 30 plus in every game. Imagine firing on all cylinders for and entire game. There will be plenty of time to run the ball.

No.
It’s the offense. It’s always been the offense.
Play action with Sony on the field is the most successful thing we do.

FYI thru week 2 Michel played 57 snaps and carried 36 times.
Given the down distance and situation he was in that’s a pretty normal run/pass ratio.

The idea the we are one dimensional when he is in the game is a myth.
um no

Burkhead has no problem busting through for good yards. White too.

Sony goes down like a sack of onions.

There’s no sugar coating it. Sony looks awful.

I’m probably his biggest fan, and was his biggest defender last year when people were complaining about him. But there’s no excusing how awful he looks this year. Yes, the offensive line has been been somewhat messy when it comes to availability due to injuries. But Burkhead looks faster and shiftier , the few runs White has gotten, he looks better.

I think it’s time to see what Damien Harris has (am I crazy, but didn’t he dress today ?). I was surprised not to see him when Stidham came in. This reminds me so much of 1980-81. In 1980, Vagas Ferguson was a 1st round pick, and had a great rookie season. 2nd year, in 1981, he was awful, 2nd round pick Tony Collins had an excellent rookie year, and took over.

I hope our running game shows up next week. Can’t be one dimensional especially come the playoffs in January.

The Defense knows we are most likely running when Sony is in the game. I just watched highlight of Christian Macafrey taking 76 yard run to the house. He is a dual threat and tougher to defend.

With the state of the O Line we are going to see a lot of Rex I think.

..or no?
I agree that Rex will be our main option unless Michel can improve as a receiver. However, I'd like to see the Patriots keep feeding Michel the ball even if it is less successful so we can pull off an unexpected throw in the playoffs when he is on the field.

If anything, I'm not sure why Michel isn't helping the play action more.

If it's too predictable that's on play calling. Good thing there are things to neutralize, like play action to punish teams and also screen passes .... Or the occasional shuffle back play....

The Patriots used to dominate with screens but, to a degree, have deemphasized that play in the offense. It'd be nice to see even more screens; however, screens will require the offensive line to be more athletic than they're currently looking as a unit.

No....worry about OL sometimes tho...

With Devlin out I don't think there was a single play in i formation? Probably by design as the Jets strength is run defense. Jakob Johnson should get worked in some

Perhaps when you are completely and totally destroying teams josh doesn’t call all the plays in his play book. It isn’t Sony who is calling the plays, so we have no idea why they aren’t throwing it to him. Plus if you watched the game, a large number of his runs started with players from the other team hitting him in the backfield. Tough to get many yards that way.
I do think the Pats want to run it down teams throats, but the o line isn’t there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back