PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone worried about Sony and the Offense being one dimensional when he is on the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember we were concerned with the passing game last season?

Unlike most teams, the patriots have all season to figure this out.

New Sony’s are 3-dimensional

The Defense knows we are most likely running when Sony is in the game. I just watched highlight of Christian Macafrey taking 76 yard run to the house. He is a dual threat and tougher to defend.

With the state of the O Line we are going to see a lot of Rex I think.

..or no?

I'd only worry about it if it wasn't so obvious. Josh and BB see the tape and know what they're doing.

Heard that haven't seen it yet:oops: in the regular season.:rolleyes: Even Bolden caught 2 of 3 targets for 21 yards.
Do you think the Pats have shown all they have yet? Against the sad sack teams we have played.

Do you think the Pats have shown all they have yet? Against the sad sack teams we have played.

No would love see them with a healthy Ben Watson or a functional Matt LaCosse at TE. The D will pay if they ignore those guys in the passing game.

I hope those snap counts lit a fire under Sony @ss I mean even Bolden got more snaps than him Hmmmmm and White was a healthy scratch. This would be a good week to get it going Sony you are a former First Rounder.
Bolden didn’t play in place of Michel he played in place of white.

Crazy Ivan has spoken.

“I’m happy he’s still alive,” Fears said. “I’m happy he’s doing a great job. He’s still pretty healthy. He’s playing well, in my mind. He’s doing a lot of good things, and like everybody, he’s got his moments that he’s hurting us. He’s making a mistake too. He’s got to correct those mistakes, be a little bit more consistent in the things he’s doing which will fit in with what everybody else is doing. And hopefully, we’ll be more productive overall.

“But I thought he ran hard this weekend. He was running the ball well. The good news for us is Josh (McDaniels) is continually calling the run game, giving us a chance, and that’s keeping us a little bit balanced. You want it to be more productive, but at least we’re balanced right now. And we’ve got to keep that up.”

“That’s part of Sony, his decisions,” Fears said. “He can’t take a chance and say, ‘I’ll bounce this thing’ or go east and west all day. He’s got to frigging get downhill. Nothing there, get downhill and run through somebody and let’s go. All of that’s part of it.

Patriots RB coach Ivan Fears assesses Sony Michel's season through 8 games

No, No.
We're 8-0.

The Defense knows we are most likely running when Sony is in the game. I just watched highlight of Christian Macafrey taking 76 yard run to the house. He is a dual threat and tougher to defend.

..or no?

AENewman.gif

Didn't we pick him in the first round for hid dual threat capability?

Yeah but I didn’t realize the dual threat was either running between tackles or off-tackle.........

Very first play with Sony in the backfield is a handoff. It's become very predictable. He needs to start playing better. Otherwise, go with White for the majority of snaps. A RB taken in the 1st round should be a guy that can create his own holes. Doesn't need an elite line.

Very first play with Sony in the backfield is a handoff. It's become very predictable. He needs to start playing better. Otherwise, go with White for the majority of snaps. A RB taken in the 1st round should be a guy that can create his own holes. Doesn't need an elite line.

can't be a **** line like ours either. and what should Sony do exactly when McDaniels calls a dive on 1st down?

can't be a **** line like ours either. and what should Sony do exactly when McDaniels calls a dive on 1st down?

The line is weak right now. I'll give you that. But a RB taken in the 1st should be a guy with great potential. Someone who is explosive. I don't blame them for not taking Chubb as he was coming off an injury in college.

..or no?
McCaffrey is a dual threat, MVP candidate - Michel is not...this is like comparing Larry Bird to Larry Krystowiak....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News