PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone worried about Sony and the Offense being one dimensional when he is on the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see that as an issue.

Sony simply has been bad. I don't know the issue but he needs to be a lot better or Harris will get his shot.

Don't see that as an issue.

Sony simply has been bad. I don't know the issue but he needs to be a lot better or Harris will get his shot.
Will Harris get his shot ? He was finally active yesterday, and at one point it was a blowout. He still didn’t get on the field on O. Seems like it would have been a perfect time.

The Defense knows we are most likely running when Sony is in the game. I just watched highlight of Christian Macafrey taking 76 yard run to the house. He is a dual threat and tougher to defend.

With the state of the O Line we are going to see a lot of Rex I think.

..or no?
After 19+ years of watching the Patriots morph and improve as the season goes along should teach us all something.....

They’ll figure this out somehow, some way

Secondly and just as importantly, none of us need to figure this out. I say that because I’ll often see posters respond as if the proposed solution has any meaning upon anything Patriots related

Belichick does not read Patsfans.com

It wasn't simply a matter of terrible run blocking, yes the Jets have injuries they also have Leonard Williams, Steve McLendon, Folorunso Fatukasi at DT and those guys are really good. You don't run into the heart of those guys especially when you're the Patriots and have no fullback and no tightends who are pile movers.

This year's team isn't last year's team, we don't have the wham blockers we had last year where the Pats can totally telegraph another Sony run and he will beat them anyway due to sheer force.

This years running attack has to use more guile and misdirection. They need to stop running Sony into a brick wall.

After 19+ years of watching the Patriots morph and improve as the season goes along should teach us all something.....

They’ll figure this out somehow, some way

Secondly and just as importantly, none of us need to figure this out. I say that because I’ll often see posters respond as if the proposed solution has any meaning upon anything Patriots related

Belichick does not read Patsfans.com
this is just for fun obviously. Obviously we have no impact on the team :)

Glad he's making me eat crow but the fact remains Phillip Dorsett is noticeably better maybe he's finally morphing into his First round billing. We know he has long speed but he's now much improved in the short stuff and is getting better.

Glad he's making me eat crow but the fact remains Phillip Dorsett is noticeably better maybe he's finally morphing into his First round billing. We know he has long speed but he's now much improved in the short stuff and is getting better.
All he needed was more targets and opportunities.

Maybe, just maybe, Pats are playing possum on this - saving it for a bigger and better day

Maybe, just maybe, Pats are playing possum on this - saving it for a bigger and better day
When Michel has 12 catches against the Chiefs, remember your post.

Didn't we pick him in the first round for hid dual threat capability? I expect we will be seeing him more and more in this capacity over time.
That’s what I thought but I’ve started to wonder how interested Brady is in throwing the ball to him. I mean McDaniels could encourage him to but he’s give him a few chances like he tried to at the beginning of last season. I admit, even as a Brady honk, sometimes he gives up on a player too easily. Like he tried to throw to him early last season and there was a drop or miscommunication and he barely tried the rest of the season after that.

They should at least try to target Sony once or twice a game to see if he can pick it up and become a factor in the passing game. Otherwise he is one dimensional and it hurts his game.

Wasn’t Brady like 13/13 throwing to Michel in TC?

We have problems on the offensive line ( Andrews -out, Cannon and Isaiah Wynn hurt), Develin on IR and Gronk was an excellent blocker. This is going to be a challenging season to run the ball. Hopefully Dante can work some magic and we can find a full back that can block. Sony is a very good running back but will struggle if he can't find a hole to run through.

Last edited:
In answer to the question I am a little worried about our running game. I do not have the knowledge to argue how we can overcome this with other play options but I feel like we need a much better running game by mid season or we will come unstuck. Not a very strong arguement but we have to find a way......in the coaches I trust :confused:

I hope those snap counts lit a fire under Sony @ss I mean even Bolden got more snaps than him Hmmmmm and White was a healthy scratch. This would be a good week to get it going Sony you are a former First Rounder.

Wasn’t Brady like 13/13 throwing to Michel in TC?

Heard that haven't seen it yet:oops: in the regular season.:rolleyes: Even Bolden caught 2 of 3 targets for 21 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back