PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else stoked for the matchup against Brady and the Bucs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He only started a rebuild because he **** the bed in the draft from 2013 until last year. This year’s crop looks promising. Nevertheless, if he really is the GOAT GM, he should be able to build a champion without Brady, shouldn’t he?
Preposterous.

You don't crap the bed drafting and then form another dynasty:

James White, David Andrews. Shaq Mason, Malcolm Butler, Jon Jones, JC Jackson, Sony Michel, Malcolm Mitchell, Joe Thuney, Trey Flowers, Joe Cardona.... and........wait for it...JimmyG.

That's 12 names that had a key hand in 1 or more SB wins.

^^All of these names were instrumental in the second dynasty.

That JimmyG pick alone was worth the dynasty because Brady was playing for his life. And, the JimmyG trade his given us Damien Harris, JoeJuan, Williams, Cajuste and Stidham. Obviously these latter 3 names are not impactful to this point, but getting Harris for Garoppolo and the Bears 2020 4th rd pick which turned into trading up for Asiasi. That's solid work by our GM.

Genius, actually. Form a dynasty with epic moves in conjunction with your draft, while scaring your HOF QB to keep his job for that dynasty to happen.

Brilliance beyond belief.

Enjoy being foolish yet again. Embarrassingly foolish. I have secondary embarrassment for you.

Sure they were. He was sub-.500 there without Brady and he’s sub-.500 here without Brady. He was a HC there and he’s a HC here. Statisticians and historians include his time there in his overall record. You can try to excuse that away any which way you like, but the facts are the facts - Brady won a Super Bowl without Bill. Bill has been mediocre as a HC without Brady.
Nvm the 37 wins he had with CLE that's about 4 more seasons he would need to catch Shula if we conveniently just throw his tenure there out the window. I doubt Bill would agree his tenure there was pointless. Such a dumb take by Timmy.

Last edited:
Hey now, I dig your posts, no ill intent here. Just wondering why, according to a random internet fan gatekeeper, I'm not a real fan because I was born in the 1990s. Can't remember the last game I actually missed and haven't swayed loyalty one iota.
I don't care that you're not a real fan, I'm just pissed off I'll die before you. :)

I wouldn't mind only knowing the Bledsoe and Brady years :D... that said, we're all on to the next phase. At least you made it through the Cam Interregnum, that's some proof of fanhood right there. May none of us ever have to "prove it" beyond the 2020 results.

brady wanted special treatment didnt get it so he ran and took his ball(gronk) with him
Lmao. Special treatment? Because he wouldn't take a paycut? Nonsense.

Lmao. Special treatment? Because he wouldn't take a paycut? Nonsense.
No. Skipping OTAs to "spend time with family" even though he was playing golf with players on the pro tour. Guerrero rub downs and snake oil treatments, TB12 complex built in Foxborough, and generally expecting special treatment overall after he shows up teammates on the field during games.

Oh, and to not be told he sucked when he sucked on a play, etc. Ya know, generally uncoachable anymore.

Qb is the most important position, no arguing there....the only thing I will say is that Tamapa defense was amazing in the NFC Championship Game and Super Bowl, there are 8 -10 quarter backs that could have won the Super Bowl with that talent. Just saying.

-Mahomes
-Rodgers
-Brees
-Allen
-Russel Wilson
-Dak
-Derek Carr
-Lamar
-Baker
-Matty Ice
Idk about that

the bucs hadn’t qualified for the playoffs in thirteen years prior to Brady’s arrival

coincidence or amazing leadership? I vote amazing leadership that only 1 percent of QBs in nfl history possess

brady elevates those around him. Always has. He did it in college too

How many elite HCs have stellar records without their elite QB?
You're one of the posters that say Bill can win with an average QB. Nice try.

You're one of the posters that say Bill can win with an average QB. Nice try.

WIn, as in a winning record? Sure. A stellar record is another story.

Qb is the most important position, no arguing there....the only thing I will say is that Tamapa defense was amazing in the NFC Championship Game and Super Bowl, there are 8 -10 quarter backs that could have won the Super Bowl with that talent. Just saying.

-Mahomes
-Rodgers
-Brees
-Allen
-Russel Wilson
-Dak
-Derek Carr
-Lamar
-Baker
-Matty Ice

I can guarantee that 95 percent of those QBs on that list would not have beaten brees, Rogers, and mahomes 3 weeks in a row in the postseason

Wow, Tom Sr. is a real tool...

Over the course of his brief appearance, Brady said his son is glad to be in Tampa, admitted he felt vindicated after the Bucs won Super Bowl LV and even accused Bill Belichick of forcing his son out of New England.

Then, when asked whether he still has any Patriots “paraphernalia” in his home, Brady offered this:

“I’m not sure. I just, uh, let’s see, there might be something,” a laughing Brady told Curran. “I think I have a license plate that says something like, ‘Six Super Bowls.’ But, other than that, I think pretty much the rest of it has been given to Goodwill or Catholic charities, or something.”

And I didn't even mention Russell, 11 championships, and the last guy to bat .400, Ted Williams. Tom Benedict Arnold Brady is way down the list here in Boston.
Thanks, Tom. It’s always good to get the elderly take on things. Unfortunately for you, that isn’t true and won’t be the way it pans out.

Idk about that

the bucs hadn’t qualified for the playoffs in thirteen years prior to Brady’s arrival

coincidence or amazing leadership? I vote amazing leadership that only 1 percent of QBs in nfl history possess

brady elevates those around him. Always has. He did it in college too

Also, no QB in the league, not named Brady, gets Gronk, AB and Fournette onto that team. And that's before we get into things like culture, respect/credibility, play level, etc...

Bill has never I repeat never won a division title without brady. That’s a fact
To be fair, Brady hasn't won a division without Belichick either. :p Bucs had the same regular season record as the Pats with Cassel.

Brady's the GOAT at watching film, that's about it.
Lol, come on man. Here's legendary HOF QB Staubach praising Brady for his SB win this year. You Patriot Brady-haters are in the same company with Rob Parker. Pathetic.

I never said he was the GOAT GM. And if in your view Belichick is the GOAT HC, why does he need to work on his record without Brady (in your words?) The implication from you seems to be that Belichick sucks as an HC without Brady (without directly saying it). As I said, Bill being sub .500 without Brady needs context. Every elite coach probably has a mediocre record without their star QBs.
The original post was about Brady being able to win the whole thing without Bill. The follow up question was, “Can Bill do it without Brady?” To which I replied, “I hope so. But he needs to worry about getting his career record over .500 first.” The conversation was a comparison of the two without one another. Not an analysis of the two with each other. You’re trying to twist it into the latter because you’re triggered. I can’t help you with that. The question of their GOAT status with one another has already been answered. Without one another? Brady is still a champion and Bill is mediocre as a HC, with a worse winning percentage than Jeff Fisher and Rex Ryan.

Let's see what Bill does in the next 3-4 years without the GOAT. Premature to argue about it now.

The original post was about Brady being able to win the whole thing without Bill. The follow up question was, “Can Bill do it without Brady?” To which I replied, “I hope so. But he needs to worry about getting his career record over .500 first.” The conversation was a comparison of the two without one another. Not an analysis of the two with each other. You’re trying to twist it into the latter because you’re triggered. I can’t help you with that. The question of their GOAT status with one another has already been answered. Without one another? Brady is still a champion and Bill is mediocre as a HC, with a worse winning percentage than Jeff Fisher and Rex Ryan.
The next 3-4 years will decide if that's right. Cleveland was a messed up situation and his first job, let's see what he does with his experience now.

The whole Brady vs. Bill is a media creation and getting very tedious. They both are part of the ongoing success of the team. Brady would not have gotten a chance if he was on a different team. Given the chance he made the most of it and evolved as a player and contributed more as he developed his game. The dynasty bookends were due to overall team, not one or the other. The proof is the fact that the Pat's did not do as well during the dry spell when Brady was the only star without a team around him. It is very difficult for a long term star to finish with one team and continue to be a win win situation for player and team. At the end the Pats talent did not match Brady's skill level and he did not want to wait around to rebuild. Conversely the team did not want to invest big money in the QB or continue to chase quick fixes when there were too many other holes on the roster. Neither side wanted to give, Brady moved on. It happens in sports. It sucks that Brady is pissing on his time in New England. He was lucky to land on a talented team, no need to be such a jerk. I am a Pats fan and will be cheering against the Bucs next week. Brady will always be the GOAT, he is no longer the humble team player that he was in 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST