PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else stoked for the matchup against Brady and the Bucs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it really, though?

Serious question, which will require just a minimal amount of research and remembering:

Other than the Ravens game, what games did the Patriots win that they "shouldn't" have, and what games did they lose that they "shouldn't" have?
Just based on talent we(meaning the Patriots) should have lost the following games that we ended up winning:

Miami
LA Chargers
Ravens(which you mentioned)
Arizona

Could have also won at Seattle, was going in for the winning td against Buffalo and played KC really well with Hoyer.....

So to answer your question, yes, in my opinion, his best coaching job.

Tom's gonna be even more focused for this game after losing to the Rams this weekend.

Yep I think he should, just not sure he'll be here long enough to. If he's coaching til 2030 thats my personal **** or get off the pot line. But if he stops coaching in say 2025 and leaves the team in a good spot then, mehhhh. Edge to Brady but it wasn't a fair fight
I think what you say is fair, I will always give the player more credit, but for poster to minimize what Bill has done is just absurd. He's the GOAT of coaches, end of story...when I had people last year after the Bucs lost to the Bears, saying Brady was senile and they would take Bradford over him, I had enough...just insane talk on both sides.

Not when we’re told time and time again by yourself and people like you that he’s also the GOAT GM. If he’s the GOAT GM, then he should be able to win without his star QB. He hasn’t, to date. He’s been a mediocrity. As a matter of fact, 7 years of bad drafts by the GOAT GM probably played a huge hand in Brady leaving since the team had to leverage the salary cap to fill those holes with higher-priced vets.

I’m sorry bringing up his record triggers you so much, but the facts are the facts. Citing the records of other coaches is a meaningless attempt at a red herring and you really can’t straw man your way out of it either.

Brady won a Super Bowl without Bill.

Bill the GOAT HC and the GOAT GM is a sub-.500 mediocrity without Brady.

I never said he was the GOAT GM. And if in your view Belichick is the GOAT HC, why does he need to work on his record without Brady (in your words?) The implication from you seems to be that Belichick sucks as an HC without Brady (without directly saying it). As I said, Bill being sub .500 without Brady needs context. Every elite coach probably has a mediocre record without their star QBs.

Bobby Orr is the greatest hockey player who ever lived. There can absolutely be an argument for Gretzky as well. Brady plays in an offensive league loaded with QBs getting stats for fantasy football and isn't necessarily the greatest player the game has seen. He's one of them for sure, but he didn't change the game like Orr did. Or, you don't know hockey.

That goes to Jim Brown for the NFL.

Jordan was better than Bird, but Bird is absolutely in the top 5.
And Bird used to go from the hospital bed to the game. He gave everything he had and more to Boston and the Celtics.

Last edited:
Bobby Orr is the greatest hockey player who ever lived. There can absolutely be an argument for Gretzky as well. Brady plays in an offensive league loaded with QBs getting stats for fantasy football and isn't necessarily the greatest player the game has seen. He's one of them for sure, but he didn't change the game like Orr did. Or, you don't know hockey.

That goes to Jim Brown for the NFL.

Jordan was better than Bird, but Bird is absolutely in the top 5.

I would say Jordan is the greatest athlete in modern-day U.S. sports history. Really no blemishes on his record.

can belichick do it without Brady?

brady did it without belichick

Remains to be seen, but it's a lot harder for a HC to win a super bowl than an elite QB. Brady took Gronk and Brown with him to an already talented team. It's going to take Bill some more time to put together an elite squad.

can belichick do it without Brady?

brady did it without belichick
Qb is the most important position, no arguing there....the only thing I will say is that Tamapa defense was amazing in the NFC Championship Game and Super Bowl, there are 8 -10 quarter backs that could have won the Super Bowl with that talent. Just saying.

-Mahomes
-Rodgers
-Brees
-Allen
-Russel Wilson
-Dak
-Derek Carr
-Lamar
-Baker
-Matty Ice

Qb is the most important position, no arguing there....the only thing I will say is that Tamapa defense was amazing in the NFC Championship Game and Super Bowl, there are 8 -10 quarter backs that could have won the Super Bowl with that talent. Just saying.

-Mahomes
-Rodgers
-Brees
-Allen
-Russel Wilson
-Dak
-Derek Carr
-Lamar
-Baker
-Matty Ice
Exactly.

:)

I think Brady wanted to break precedent because he's TFB and though he's 42 he thought he was entitled to a multi year contract. If I understand things correctly that was where the break came. BB wanted to follow the same usual formula and Brady wasn't having it. Which is fine he very much earned that right, but let's not make it to be a BB wanted Brady gone thing
Brady's dad said that was the case.

Brady's dad also said, after JimmyG was drafted in 2015 that will "end badly". No one what he meant at the time, but it all makes perfect sense now.

Belichichick is Ace Rothstein. Brady is Nicky Santoro. Whacked him. Didn't want to give him a contract "until age 45". I guess I was the only one who thought it was very odd in almost every Brady interview, he kept mentioning "45".

Just based on talent we(meaning the Patriots) should have lost the following games that we ended up winning:

Miami
LA Chargers
Ravens(which you mentioned)
Arizona

Could have also won at Seattle, was going in for the winning td against Buffalo and played KC really well with Hoyer.....

So to answer your question, yes, in my opinion, his best coaching job.

Arizona was a mediocre team, driven by its offense, and the QB was obviously hobbled all game. With a healthy QB, Arizona should win that game, but the QB was not healthy. That should have been a Patriots win.
They should have split with Miami, and they did.
They should have beaten the Chargers, and they did.
The should have beaten the Texans, and they didn't.
They should have beaten the Broncos, and they didn't.
They should have lost to the Ravens, and they won.

So, really, they won 1 game that they shouldn't have, and lost two that they shouldn't have. Even if you toss the Cardinals game into the "Should lose" column, it's still just a 2-2 split. In other words, the team finished pretty much exactly where it should have.

Brady's dad said that was the case.

Brady's dad also said, after JimmyG was drafted in 2015 that will "end badly". No one what he meant at the time, but it all makes perfect sense now.

Belichichick is Ace Rothstein. Brady is Nicky Santoro. Whacked him. Didn't want to give him a contract "until age 45". I guess I was the only one who thought it was very odd in almost every Brady interview, he kept mentioning "45".

I honestly think Brady is just a sensitive guy...not sure why. Belichick wanting to move on from him (if what Brady Sr said was true) was probably nothing personal, just the fact that Brady was getting older. Rodney Harrison said a few weeks ago that Brady called him up and screamed at him because Rodney picked against him. WTF? I know he reads PFT comments and comments on FB/IG and that supposedly fires him up. Seriously, it's just weird.

Last edited:

-Mahomes
-Rodgers
-Brees
-Allen
-Russel Wilson
-Dak
-Derek Carr
-Lamar
-Baker
-Matty Ice

It's possible, though very unlikely, that Mahomes might have won. There's no other QB who'd have had a chance in hell.

I would love to see our defense make brady our B*tch. I would love to see him get him and thrown to the ground on every play. I think BB puts 8 DBs out there though like we did against Manning. What I am not looking forward to is the Boston media on Monday through next Monday.

Arizona was a mediocre team, driven by its offense, and the QB was obviously hobbled all game. With a healthy QB, Arizona should win that game, but the QB was not healthy. That should have been a Patriots win.

So, really, they won 1 game that they shouldn't have, and lost two that they shouldn't have. Even if you toss the Cardinals game into the "Should lose" column, it's still just a 2-2 split. In other words, the team finished pretty much exactly where it should have.
Double post

Yet they were predicted to win 9 games before the season began so in reality they underachieved. Also most had them finishing second in the division too.

Yet they were predicted to win 9 ganesy ggg v&dd

Yeah, the historical re-writing that has gone on around here over the past couple of years has been absolutely wild. I think it's fair to say "But Cam was even worse than expected", which is why I'd say that the team's range last year was, sensibly, 6-9 wins. But to go further than that is just not supported by either the facts or the context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back