PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else stoked for the matchup against Brady and the Bucs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole Brady vs. Bill is a media creation and getting very tedious. They both are part of the ongoing success of the team. Brady would not have gotten a chance if he was on a different team. Given the chance he made the most of it and evolved as a player and contributed more as he developed his game. The dynasty bookends were due to overall team, not one or the other. The proof is the fact that the Pat's did not do as well during the dry spell when Brady was the only star without a team around him. It is very difficult for a long term star to finish with one team and continue to be a win win situation for player and team. At the end the Pats talent did not match Brady's skill level and he did not want to wait around to rebuild. Conversely the team did not want to invest big money in the QB or continue to chase quick fixes when there were too many other holes on the roster. Neither side wanted to give, Brady moved on. It happens in sports. It sucks that Brady is pissing on his time in New England. He was lucky to land on a talented team, no need to be such a jerk. I am a Pats fan and will be cheering against the Bucs next week. Brady will always be the GOAT, he is no longer the humble team player that he was in 2001.
LMAO, how did Brady “piss on his time in New England?” Did I miss something? As far as I can tell, he’s been very complimentary of the franchise and Bill whenever he’s been asked.

Brady would not have gotten a chance if he was on a different team.
Care to explain? It's not as if QBs drafted after the first round never get an opportunity, after all.

It's possible, though very unlikely, that Mahomes might have won. There's no other QB who'd have had a chance in hell.
Lol, ....Tampa won the NFC Championship game because of their defense and same with the Super Bowl...I know it's tough to be impartial if your a fan, but wow.

Lol, ....Tampa won the NFC Championship game because of their defense and same with the Super Bowl...I know it's tough to be impartial if your a fan, but wow.

The notion that Tampa win the NFCCG and SB because of their defense is absurd. The Bucs scored more than 30 points in each game, and they weren't all defensive scores.

Arizona was a mediocre team, driven by its offense, and the QB was obviously hobbled all game. With a healthy QB, Arizona should win that game, but the QB was not healthy. That should have been a Patriots win.
They should have split with Miami, and they did.
They should have beaten the Chargers, and they did.
The should have beaten the Texans, and they didn't.
They should have beaten the Broncos, and they didn't.
They should have lost to the Ravens, and they won.

So, really, they won 1 game that they shouldn't have, and lost two that they shouldn't have. Even if you toss the Cardinals game into the "Should lose" column, it's still just a 2-2 split. In other words, the team finished pretty much exactly where it should have.
why should they have split with the Dolphins, they were the better team, same with the Texans....Just curious, if the Pats are playing in a week where Tampa is playing at the same time and you can watch only one game, which team do you watch?

Thanks, Tom. It’s always good to get the elderly take on things. Unfortunately for you, that isn’t true and won’t be the way it pans out.

I understand, tough to see the reality here in Boston all the way from Florida.

Russell
Orr
Williams
Bird
Benedict Arnold Brady (for the time being, he'll probably drop)

They scored over 30 points in every playoff game and won all three on the road. They scored over 30 points in the Super Bowl and probably could have hung north of 40 on them if they didn’t exchange points for draining the time off the clock.

Also, no QB in the league, not named Brady, gets Gronk, AB and Fournette onto that team. And that's before we get into things like culture, respect/credibility, play level, etc...
In fairness, Rodgers would've dragged in the corpse of Randall Cobb.

You pissed they didn't donate to your outfit, the Salvation Army?

Like I said, I'll come by with the Salvation Army truck with a whole bunch of freebie stuff for you and your family. No need for covid checks. I got you covered.

why should they have split with the Dolphins, they were the better team

The teams were similar in talent, and play in the same division. That's a split.

I understand, tough to see the reality here in Boston all the way from Florida.

Russell
Williams
Orr
Bird
Benedict Arnold Brady (for the time being, he'll probably drop)
I don’t think you know what reality is anymore. Soon, you’ll be scrubbing the inside of a hot oven.

I don’t think you know what reality is anymore. Soon, you’ll be scrubbing the inside of a hot oven.
i have no idea what this means but i still laughed at it because you said it and i think thats a good testament of how funny you are

Let's see what Bill does in the next 3-4 years without the GOAT. Premature to argue about it now.
That's fair. I was always willing to give Bill 3 years to right the ship he crashed into the rocks. I have no expectations this year. Next year is a different story. There's going to be 1000% increase in pressure on him to perform w/o Brady.

Dang... am I the only guy left who's just rooting for the laundry? ;)
Rover, if it were up to me these type of threads would not even be up, just pointless debates...I'd rather focus on the upcoming game against the Saints, that many of these posters won't even watch. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back