PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else stoked for the matchup against Brady and the Bucs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not turning on Brady.

I didn't root for Curtis Martin when he went to the Jets.

Or for Coach Parcells when he left.

I didn't root for Roger Clemens when he left.

I actually did root a little for Brady last year... it was kind of the "rooting" version of feeling your leg still there after it's been amputated.

But time passes, "wounds" heal... and I root for the Patriots.

He no longer wears the laundry.
Thank you Rover!!!!! Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!

Nice try at changing the original message by smuggling in the word "just".

Of course the Bucs won the NFCCG because of the contributions of their D. It was 21-10 at the half, and on the first possession of the 2nd half the D forces a fumble deep in GB territory setting up Brady and the O with a 1st and goal to make it an easy 28-10. And when Brady tried his best to give the game away in the 3rd and 4th quarter with 3 straight INTs, the D came up big by holding Rodgers and the Packers to three-and-out after the 2nd and 3rd INT when GB could've taken the lead with a TD.
There's no message change there. Holy ****, but you can't possibly be that unable to grasp the meaning of a 21-10 lead and a 21-6 lead behind 3 TD halves by the offense?

It sucks that Brady is pissing on his time in New England. He was lucky to land on a talented team, no need to be such a jerk. I am a Pats fan and will be cheering against the Bucs next week. Brady will always be the GOAT, he is no longer the humble team player that he was in 2001.
Can you give me an example of when and what he said to piss on his time in NE? On the contrary, all I've heard him say is he enjoyed his time here, loves the fans and his time here. Nothing but praises. He's not dumb.

Whatever his nutjob Dad says is on his dad. Brady has said multiple times his Dad doesn't speak for him, and he certainly can't control whatever his pops wants to say when being egged on by Curran.

The thing is, we all do root for the laundry. Some of us just don't understand why so many people have turned on Brady.
Because he intentionally sabotaged the 2019 season, crapped on his teammates and fans on the way out the door, and had to be slapped around in 2018 to get his head on straight then, too. All because he didn't have his precious new contract until "45".

He made his choice. He could have come to OTAs, met his new teammates like everyone else, and gone out with guns blazing, but he did the passive-aggressive selfish thing instead. Not a good look even for those who choose to look the other way on it.

He, and now his little pet protege, Erin Rodgers, are the only QBs in NFL history to skip OTAs. It's a jerk move.

I actually did root a little for Brady last year... it was kind of the "rooting" version of feeling your leg still there after it's been amputated.

Its not you.

Its just some posters seem to have an agenda against him now. Its not wrong to root for NE over Brady, but some posts since he left have been absurd. For example, one guy in this very thread said hes only the goat of watching tape. Stuff like that is stupid.

Sure. But they’re the only team in NFL history to score 30 or more points in all four playoff wins. That’s not the defense. That’s the O.
And you don't think other quarter backs could have scored as much? I haven't gone back to see stats (running, passing yards, turnovers etc) but I'm sure some of those points came off turnovers from their defense.

Exactly, he's just another idiot looking for brain damage now.

Because he intentionally sabotaged the 2019 season, crapped on his teammates and fans on the way out the door, and had to be slapped around in 2018 to get his head on straight then, too. All because he didn't have his precious new contract until "45".

He made his choice. He could have come to OTAs, met his new teammates like everyone else, and gone out with guns blazing, but he did the passive-aggressive selfish thing instead. Not a good look even for those who choose to look the other way on it.

He, and now his little pet protege, Erin Rodgers, are the only QBs in NFL history to skip OTAs. It's a jerk move.
Are you saying Brady lost games on purpose and intentionally played worse than the usual?

The whole Brady vs. Bill is a media creation and getting very tedious. They both are part of the ongoing success of the team. Brady would not have gotten a chance if he was on a different team. Given the chance he made the most of it and evolved as a player and contributed more as he developed his game. The dynasty bookends were due to overall team, not one or the other. The proof is the fact that the Pat's did not do as well during the dry spell when Brady was the only star without a team around him. It is very difficult for a long term star to finish with one team and continue to be a win win situation for player and team. At the end the Pats talent did not match Brady's skill level and he did not want to wait around to rebuild. Conversely the team did not want to invest big money in the QB or continue to chase quick fixes when there were too many other holes on the roster. Neither side wanted to give, Brady moved on. It happens in sports. It sucks that Brady is pissing on his time in New England. He was lucky to land on a talented team, no need to be such a jerk. I am a Pats fan and will be cheering against the Bucs next week. Brady will always be the GOAT, he is no longer the humble team player that he was in 2001.
Excellent post.

I'll go back to the question that I asked before, if the Pats and Bucs were playing at the same time and you can watch only one game, which game do you watch, just curious?
You're going to question my fandom?

Lady, I've been posting here since 2007, and I've been lurking since before then. Just because I don't go full honk, unlike yourself, you feel some justification in questioning me?

You know where you can shove that question.

And you don't think other quarter backs could have scored as much? I haven't gone back to see stats (running, passing yards, turnovers etc) but I'm sure some of those points came off turnovers from their defense.
No. Any other quarterback (who was available to them, of course) and they likely wouldn’t have been in the playoffs at all. They were a 7-9 squad before Brady arrived.

Brighter than a 70 year old former cabbie, though. You don’t have to worry about Tom’s place in Boston lore as the greatest Boston athlete of all time, though. You’ll be down for the long sleep well before then. Maybe you sell your worthless cab medallion to go by yourself to his HoF ceremony unless you’re already dead by then. You can go with *looks over your family tree* uhhhh… nobody.
Yeah, you're not too bright there fella, but that's OK this isn't an MIT classroom.

Are you saying Brady lost games on purpose and intentionally played worse than the usual?
His commitment to the team was clearly not that there in 2019. He was standing at the podium pouting after nice wins because his stats weren't what he wanted for his own ego. I am sure BB was thrilled with it.

Yes, he played worse than he should have. Once Brown was cut and then Sanu got hurt, he was cooked for good and completely checked out at that point.

The last game VS Miami was an abomination staring at Rowe for that pick 6.

If they did, it wasn't enough to mean that they "should" have swept the series.

You're not even trying to be neutral here.
I think I am the only one that is being neutral...I don't hate Brady, I am not a fan of the Bucs, I have no skin in the game.
I'll admit that I am a huge fan of the Patriots and when it comes to rooting for a team, I will always root for them, no matter who the coach or qb are.

Yeah, you're not too bright there fella, but that's OK this isn't an MIT classroom.
How’s your wife doing these days?

No. Any other quarterback (who was available to them, of course) and they likely wouldn’t have been in the playoffs at all. They were a 7-9 squad before Brady arrived.
You know I love you Kontra, but we'll disagree on this one....I could qb that Tampa team to 10 wins with all their talent on both sides of the ball.

His commitment to the team was clearly not that there in 2019. He was standing at the podium pouting after nice wins because his stats weren't what he wanted for his own ego. I am sure BB was thrilled with it.

Yes, he played worse than he should have. Once Brown was cut and then Sanu got hurt, he was cooked for good and completely checked out at that point.

The last game VS Miami was an abomination staring at Rowe for that pick
I can admit that Brady came off as whiny sometimes that season but he did NOT play bad intentionally. The team sucked.

I can guarantee that 95 percent of those QBs on that list would not have beaten brees, Rogers, and mahomes 3 weeks in a row in the postseason
Does this include Brady's perennial 3 INTs in the conf title game or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe