PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not about “jumping to save” women, IMO.

It’s about giving them a basic level of trust and benefit of the doubt, in the same way we do the accused.

The problem with that, is, in these situations it seems there’s only room for one person’s version of the truth to exist, which makes sense given the context.

I think that we should generally take both the accuser and the accused in good faith and allow the facts to present themselves.
Not sure. I have noticed many women AND men jump to defend women even if there's no proof AND HECK, there are men who jump to defend women even if they are the villains. However I do agree with your post.

Yeah...this won't die out. Can't go a season without some sort of scandal. Yes, I do believe Brown is innocent in the accusations. Statue of limitations has expired.

Your gold-digging ass never filed a police report or went to the ER, if you were truly "raped". Unfortunately for Brown, he"ll be another victim of the "me-too" movement.

His endorsement deals will get canceled, and OUR worst case scenario, Belichick cuts or trades him. If Brown gets the axe, than I hope we get something or someone out of it.

We won't. In one summer he forced his way out of Pittsburgh and refused to meet with the owner, he then got himself released from the Raiders after skipping practices and threatening to fight the owner, he last one official day on the Patriots before a rape allegation came up. There is now the threat of league investigation, the exemption list and a possible suspension.

And you've been VERY consistent with this stance.

It's also nonsense. PR is a thing. Turns out a large number of people don't want to watch someone running around earning millions playing a game when that person has done something they consider heinous.

It's ridiculous to suggest that the league shouldn't care about public perception especially when it comes to violent/sexual assault crimes.

Conduct detrimental to the league. That's what it falls under. If a women accused a player of abuse and filed a civil suit for damages, the league could still investigate and suspend
No. Not from a civil suit. From a criminal charge, yes.

I've always said that should I become a celebrity, I would install cameras all over my house and inform every chick that came over of that fact. Them agreeing to me having cameras and microphones recording everything we do before even entering my home counts as consent, and if they didn't consent, they'd need to leave my pad, period.

Considering I'm currently a micro-celebrity, I need to begin looking for cameras lol
Smart celebrities make their sex partners sign legal documents before entry. There is a difference between regretted sex and rape but they are equally bad if made public for all the celebrities.

AB, if you are innocent, this is the time to have all your recordings and taping of other people on point(I mean of the girl in regards to saving text messages and having actual proof of contact after the incident). Public opinion on this has already crossed the atlantic ocean enroute to Northern Europe, you barely have socks on to start the chase.

Last edited:

Those are very specific points. Seems like they'd have no problem proving them (ex. the woman asking for tickets, offering to train him, posting photos of Brown in a positive light on her social media, etc. -- all taking place after the alleged sexual assault). If so, then it really helps his case.

Again, that's not what they did to Peterson. He was criminally indicted. Could we resist posting before knowing historical facts?
It doesn't matter. The exemption list is not some defined thing that mandates a criminal case. It literally defines the requirments as "unusual circumstances". It's vague by design.

I don't like the sounds of this. WTF does the league need to investigate regarding a civil suit? If it was a criminal charge, sure -- but a civil suit? I just hope Baddell isn't fishing for a way to keep Brown away from the Pats to help his Chiefs-to-Super Bowl agenda.

If Goodell's motive to put Antonio Brown on his exempt list is to give KC the upper hand over the Pats in the AFC, then he is doomed to failure with that. With or without Brown, the Patriots are easily odds on favorites to win AFC. Aside from Brown, what they did to Pittsburgh two nights ago, without Van Noy, Damien Harris and N'Keal Harry should depress the entire league.

Hopefully, the truth comes out and justice is served either way. But football-wise, there's nothing I can see (other than a huge spate of injuries) that can derail the Patriots this year from the Super Bowl.

There is now the threat of league investigation, the exemption list and a possible suspension.

Too bad Kraft is in jail after what happened in Florida and the league forced Jonathan to take over the team. I hope the Patriots can beat Miami - their leading receiver is pretty shifty. It's unfortunate the Patriots had to cut him back in 2011.

I mean Chung is still playing even though he has that cocaine case against him and RK hasn’t been disciplined by the NFL yet and he has been charged. Will he still be allowed to play while an investigation is going on?

It doesn't matter. The exemption list is not some defined thing that mandates a criminal case. It literally defines the requirments as "unusual circumstances". It's vague by design.

Yes, and there is precedent regarding how it's used.

Right, but if the press release is correct, what could the league possibly determine by "investigating" a civil suit? It doesn't make sense.

Well, the league will hire investigators, and demand that Brown provide them with all information. The league will also ask the woman to provide them with all the information that she has. The investigation will check into the info and claims, via 3rd parties, documentary evidence, and the like. And, then, Goodell will rule based upon whatever the hell he feels like, as he's shown time and again.

Yes, I do believe Brown is innocent in the accusations. Statue of limitations has expired.
Who said that was true? That’s surprising to me.

The crimes supposedly occurred in ‘17 and ‘18. Besides, is there any limit for serious cases like rape in the state of NY? Not that I’m aware of.

Smart celebrities make their sex partners sign legal documents before entry. There is a difference between regretted sex and rape but they are equally bad if made public for all the celebrities.

This still leaves the door open for he said/she said situations. Personally, I like having video/photo/audio evidence. If my home/car has a camera, I will always have an alibi.

Yes, and there is precedent regarding how it's used.

When the actual statute is vague prior cases don't matter. The commissioner could easily say "the player is involved in a federally filed lawsuit that asserts a serious sexual crime which would be conduct detrimental to the league. Due to this unusual circumstance, we place him on the exempt list".

Well, the league will hire investigators, and demand that Brown provide them with all information. The league will also ask the woman to provide them with all the information that she has. The investigation will check into the info and claims, via 3rd parties, documentary evidence, and the like. And, then, Goodell will rule based upon whatever the hell he feels like, as he's shown time and again.
So, basically, we’ll all remember that one day back in ‘19 where Brown practiced with the Patriots.

Lol, creepy, huh? In “Tom vs time” he drove a black Ford to work every day- & Marcus Cannon has a fancy Ford he’s posted on Instagram& Brady has made comments comparing it to his own Ford- Brady shills for Aston Martin & it can often be seen in his garage or driveway in the videos he posts on social media...same with the SUV...and anytime Gisele is snapped by the paparazzi she’s in an SUV. I’m just a keen observer, Ok? Lol

"You can have my night vision goggles when you pry them from my cold dead fingers."

She is an accuser, not a victim.

She’s an accuser who may in fact be a victim. An important detail.

Us not knowing if she’s a victim does not mean that she isn’t.

But in terms of what we do know with certainty, no we don’t know that she is a victim, and yes, we do know she’s an making an accusation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots