PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Globie Who Threw The Pats and Their Fans Under The Bus to The Rest of The Country

Does anyone know a Pats' fan who was fed up with the Pats after DeflateGate? I think it was pretty much universal backing of the Patriots on this one. I want to know where all these Pats' fans who are "fed up with the Pats' organization".

Was it just me that saw all those threads about Kraft and the organization not being on the side of fans?

These guys aren't advocates for the teams or for fans. They're in it for the paycheck. The sooner you guys lose the fantasy that they're 'on our side' the sooner we'll stop getting the biweekly shrill 'OMG MEDIA HATES US' threads that have gotten really tiresome.

Yes, some do hate us. But the rest just know that the Patriots are always going to be an easy story. The Browns could have been smuggling heroin and that would be a smaller story than if Belichick got a ticket for an expired meter.

Some of us would prefer a media that is fact-based and reports on PROVEN stories instead of harping on innuendo and trolling its readership by going on other media markets' shows and deriding them as footy pajama fanboys.

But you may think differently.

Does anyone know a Pats' fan who was fed up with the Pats after DeflateGate? I think it was pretty much universal backing of the Patriots on this one. I want to know where all these Pats' fans who are "fed up with the Pats' organization".

Perhaps fnordcircle has the answer?

OK, he did not advocate mildly inconveniencing me.:)

Besides, he works for an employer that will be out of business in 5 years. (Yes, by 2020 there will either be no Globe or it will be so different it will be unrecognizable.) Isn't that punishment enough? :)

I hope Ian doesn't hire him then.

Was it just me that saw all those threads about Kraft and the organization not being on the side of fans?

Those threads were all about getting Kraft to DEFEND his franchise and not keep quiet. They were not about fans upset at the franchise for an unproven 'cheating' allegation. There is a difference.

Some of us would prefer a media that is fact-based and reports on PROVEN stories instead of harping on innuendo and trolling its readership by going on other media markets' shows and deriding them as footy pajama fanboys.

But you may think differently.

I live in reality so I think 99% of the media out there is pure click-driven **** owned by 6 mega corporations who only care about the bottom line. Journalistic integrity survives only in small pockets these days.

You can go ahead and try to morph that into me supporting ****ty media if you want if that's how your butthurt wants to express itself.

Perhaps fnordcircle has the answer?

Show me on the doll where I hurt your feelings for thinking this is just another in a dumb stream of whining about the media that detracts from this site.

"The media sucks - deal with it" would be my basic premise here. This thread is neither funny nor informative nor original nor particularly interesting so I pooped on it.

inb4 the obvs "you must support censorship" retort.

you could have just ignored the thread, Fsnark.....

I live in reality so I think 99% of the media out there is pure click-driven **** owned by 6 mega corporations who only care about the bottom line. Journalistic integrity survives only in small pockets these days.

You can go ahead and try to morph that into me supporting ****ty media if you want if that's how your butthurt wants to express itself.

Show me on the doll where I hurt your feelings for thinking this is just another in a dumb stream of whining about the media that detracts from this site.

"The media sucks - deal with it" would be my basic premise here. This thread is neither funny nor informative nor original nor particularly interesting so I pooped on it.

inb4 the obvs "you must support censorship" retort.

Fnord is angry that Mr. Silva is being called to task for going on out of town media calling his readership "footy pajama wearers" and portraying the Patriots deliberately tampered with the footballs. Good for Fnord!

Somehow you interpret that as a Patriots fan demanding the media 'root for the Patriots'. :D

It's ok to have your opinion. Others have a different opinion. Just because it doesn't jibe with yours, it's pretty immature to automatically call it "butthurt" and write about about rape dolls. But evidently there is an emotional reason for you to resort to that. It's very understandable that many people out there are still upset since the Patriots won the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
you could have just ignored the thread, Fsnark.....

Not at all. he has every right to post a differing opinion. It's the poster before who was posting that he is sick and tired of the subject - - but came in here to post how sick and tired he is of the subject - that should be ignoring the thread.

I fully welcome fnord's argument.

GUILTY as charged. I hate the Yuppie Playground replacing the EZ seats.

I plead for a minimun sentence, ROR.

What Silva was claiming was that the Pats season ticket holders (not the "footy pajama wearers") were upset with the franchise over Deflategate and Spygate.

What Silva was claiming was that the Pats season ticket holders (not the "footy pajama wearers") were upset with the franchise over Deflategate and Spygate.

Yes, I was just having fun with nabw

GUILTY as charged. I hate the Yuppie Playground replacing the EZ seats.

I plead for a minimun sentence, ROR.

Do it again and it'll be a year as a jets fan for you. ;)

Earning a paycheck is no excuse for unethical behavior.
then maybe stop complaining on a web forum and contact the BBB and file a complaint. "This guy said mean things about a team I follow please fine them"

then maybe stop complaining on a web forum and contact the BBB and file a complaint. "This guy said mean things about a team I follow please fine them"

A web forum is for discussion, opinions and, yes, complaining. The one where you share your artwork is somewhere else, ok?

Kinda funny that you don't understand that.

You seem intent on stifling any criticism of the guy. Are you Silva's mom?

Yeah man, first ever recorded male to give birth.

Seriously guys, its been three weeks since this team won the title and all i've seen sense is sour grapes.

The Globe is on my strike list, don't read it, don't care for its writers. Used to read Ben Volin twitter feed when I log in here until he made a mess with deflategate so now I skip him.
If you really want people who should be ashamed, look at this Thread:
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/belichick-is-to-blame.1112365/
The part I love the most about that thread is the likes and the winners given. I am really enjoying it.
The above Thread should actually be pinned on the forum. It is too good to be 'forgot!'

Last edited:
People should understand the background motivations of media sources. It helps the reader/viewer to better understand why or why not to fully accept what they are bombarded with day in and day out.

I wonder how many folks bought the Boston Globe Patriots Commemorative book titled "Pumped" without understanding.

This Silva guy went out of his way in that interview to pull a classic Steve DeOssie move to ingratiate himself to his interviewer (at the expense of Patriots fans).

That's two-faced and cowardly - - just like DeOssie.

This!
That statement ought to be required reading in every junior high civics class.

The Globe is on my strike list, don't read it, don't care for its writers. Used to read Ben Volin twitter feed when I log in here until he made a mess with deflategate so now I skip him.
If you really want people who should be ashamed, look at this Thread:
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/belichick-is-to-blame.1112365/
The part I love the most about that thread is the likes and the winners given. I am really enjoying it.

Yea I was recalling the same thing. There were posters here saying 'I don't know if I can watch the SB now'. It was appalling.
Of course there were some posters, ahem, from the first second who proclaimed this story to be silly....

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back