PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another CTE Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

voluntarysaftey

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Opinion | I’m the Wife of a Former N.F.L. Player. Football Destroyed His Mind.

My general opinion is:
1. At this point, players know the risks and its up to them. However the NFL still has a responsibility to inform the players as the NFL is still to a great extent playing it down.
2. Between the late 90s and 2008, the NFL was purposely putting out fake research to obscure the truth -- any player in those days should be owed a crapload of stuff from the NFL (money, medical care, etc). And the people in the NFL front office should probably be in jail for causing public harm (there's probably no law against what they did but they knowingly caused fatal or lifetime mnetal injuries while hiding the truth from the players).

It may be that people know that "football can cause CTE" or something of that nature. I think this op'ed's strength was that it continues that phrase to say "football can cause CTE, and this is what it looks like." I was also moved by hearing about the wives of NFL players support group's size and the apparent overlaps in their similar experiences (suffering players get relief from constantly running their washing machine?)

My heart goes out to Mrs. Kelly and the family members of other ex-football players who are suffering from the effects of CTE.

However, pragmatically, I would love to hear what a player, like let's say Gronk, would have to say after reading Mrs. Kelly's article, as to how he views his own career path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back