PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andrew Luck Retires from NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting in ER, head split open abt 3 inches but these shltpost are giving me more of a headache.

Is Luck a bust?

Gronk isn't the GOAT TE?

Can't blame colt fans for booing a 29 yo who had half his body numb after taking hits? Pissing blood? Multiple concussions?

People actually defending the prior GM's drafting?

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Its ****in sports. Not that serious.

Focus on what's in front of you right now.

My only disagreement with your post is the criteria for their on air talent to “want our home teams to win”. I come here to patsfans.con for that. Listening on the radio, I prefer to get some insight and information.

I'm not looking for fanboys either. I included the qualities of honesty & integrity to represent the objectivity and the minerals to ask tough, non-flattering questions I expect of anyone to whom I would want to devote the majority of my commuting/outdoor time listening.

Yeah, and at every step of the way, Wilson has been a better QB by every intelligent form of analysis. Despite playing behind similarly awful lines and throwing to significantly worse receivers, he produces far more with his legs, throws the ball much further downfield, and despite throwing far more downfield still has a much higher completion percentage and a much lower int percentage. And this is why ANY/A rates Luck as a high-volume QB of average efficiency (which is still valuable, most QBs can't maintain near-average efficiency at high volume), while placing far greater value on Wilson for the fact that he remains efficient even with volume. Once you remove the hype and stop ignoring turnovers, it becomes abundantly clear that Wilson is simply a better QB. It's a statistical fact.

I'm not arguing who is better. In my opinion they are both upper class QB's, but neither is a once in a generation type QB.

You just seem to give Wilson props for some of his attributes but ignore how good of place he was put in from the beginning of his career. Wilson for his first 3 years didn't have to carry the team. He had an all time great defense and an awesome running game to take a lot of the pressure off him. He also had a decent line back then early in his career. Luck had the exact opposite. He entered into a sh*t show. No line, no running game, and all the pressure on him from the get go. Gregson and Irsay ruined him from the start. Luck proved last year that if you give him a decent coach and talent he can be a damn good QB. Once Seattle couldn't afford all the contracts and lost some talent Wilson, while still very good, hasn't been able to carry the team to a lot of success.

My point is that when comparing these 2 you have to look at the different situations they've been put in. It isn't just a black and white Wilson is vastly superior to Luck. They both are very talented QBs.

Unless Colts ask for some of the bonus $$ they paid back, which I believe they are entitled to. Read somewhere its like $12M?
Thought I saw on colts site, they aren’t asking for the money back....hush money :)

fhxz5KT.jpg

That's really terrible.
The only thing worse I ever seen was the jetes fans berating the players when they walked off the field for halftime during the buttfumble game. It was freaking thanksgivings day!

Luck was quoted in his announcement saying "I knew it would be the last time I would throw a ball at Lucas Oil Field in a Colts uniform". Wouldn't surprise me at all if he heals up for a year or more..... and then joins the Jets once they figure out Darnold sucks.
I love that he said "last time in a Colts uniform" , but it just wouldn't make sense to me that would consider signing with the Jets. In my view, and in all seriousness, you only sign with the Jets if you want (1) to get overpaid, (2) no one else will sign you, or (3) if you want to improve your chances for a career in the media after football.

The only thing worse I ever seen was the jetes fans berating the players when they walked off the field for halftime during the buttfumble game. It was freaking thanksgivings day!

Hey, they were the GOOD ones compared to Fireman Frank (or whatever the Eff that Jabloni's name was) who made his own retirement mid-game.

If Luck did the TB12 method, he wouldn’t have been in so much pain...

? Wilson, while talented, started his career with a very good coach, an all time great defence, and great running attack. Now that he has to carry the bulk of the load the Seahawks are a middle of the pack team.

Luck entered the league with a brutal GM, drugged up owner, and minimal talent around him. His style obviously didn’t help him by holding the ball but if he had better people around him early on he would likely still be playing.

I think Russell Wilson has been an underrated QB. He has been a better NFL QB than Andrew Luck IMHO, but that can't be taken in a vacuum. He has been blessed by being in an outstanding organization at Seattle, especially compared to the Grigson mess. Not only was the coaching very good, but they seemed to really have the magic touch when it came to drafting and personnel management for several years. In more recent years, the Seahawks have come back to earth, and have had difficulties in fielding a decent OL specifically. But even if they aren't in the same ballpark as the Pats, the Seahawks have clearly been a very good organization since 2012 when Luck and Wilson were drafted.

In contrast, everyone know about the dumpster fire going on in the Colts organization until recently.

I guess my question is: If the Seahawks had drafted Luck and the Colts had drafted Wilson, how would that have changed their respective careers? Could that Luck have been better than the one drafted by the Colts? One never knows of course, but I would not be surprised if Luck could have achieved a similar level of success with the Seahawks (two Super Bowl appearances and one ring) that Wilson has if he had "Lucked Out" (pun intended) and landed in a better organization.

Hey, they were the GOOD ones compared to Fireman Frank (or whatever the Eff that Jabloni's name was) who made his own retirement mid-game.

Lol, and now he's back. What a joke. The dude is a fraud. But no I remember seeing that video on social media, berating the entire team, calling them pathetic. It was pretty bad. The funniest part about that moment is that's not what set Rex Ryan off and had him saying "Shut the **** up". It was when a fan(Patriots I think) said "Hey Rex, Belichick's better than you!":p

I'm not arguing who is better. In my opinion they are both upper class QB's, but neither is a once in a generation type QB.

You just seem to give Wilson props for some of his attributes but ignore how good of place he was put in from the beginning of his career. Wilson for his first 3 years didn't have to carry the team. He had an all time great defense and an awesome running game to take a lot of the pressure off him. He also had a decent line back then early in his career. Luck had the exact opposite. He entered into a sh*t show. No line, no running game, and all the pressure on him from the get go. Gregson and Irsay ruined him from the start. Luck proved last year that if you give him a decent coach and talent he can be a damn good QB. Once Seattle couldn't afford all the contracts and lost some talent Wilson, while still very good, hasn't been able to carry the team to a lot of success.

My point is that when comparing these 2 you have to look at the different situations they've been put in. It isn't just a black and white Wilson is vastly superior to Luck. They both are very talented QBs.
Your description of Wilson and Luck is exactly what people said about Brady and Manning.

I disagreed with it then, and I disagree with it now.

If Luck did the TB12 method, he wouldn’t have been in so much pain...

If Luck had learned to protect himself like Brady has he would have avoided most of those injuries even with bad OLs. Consistently trying to truck opponent DEs is a recipe for disaster.

Nobody saw that coming. Who would want to ply their trade behind an awful oline that puts you in harms way to make a junky scumbag rich? Peyton "Teabag" Manning was the protorypical Colts QB. Questionable, at best, morals; check. Finger pointing; check. Will do anything for a buck; after he gets home and cracks a bud light ("American" beer ran out of Europe) to wash down his papa johns (****ty pizza by chain standards, owned by a scumbag on par with Irsay).

Luck seems like a nice enough guy. I wish him well.

He was sacked less than Brady last season and his sack totals since coming into the league seven years ago are similar to Brady's. That doesn't include playoff runs, where Brady's been sacked 27 times since then and Luck 11.

Lucks been sacked 174 times since 2012, Brady 197, Russell Wilson 299..:eek:

I don't think it's as much of Oline problem as it is maybe bad luck, injury prone or whatever. Some guys can just take a beating and others can't for one reason or another.

Good kid, I wish him well and screw the colts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case