PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amazing stat/fact regarding Aaron Rodgers

I think Rodgers vs Peyton at #2 is a debate. Rodgers may lose because he had to sit for the first three years of his career, so Peyton gets a big start out of the gate. But if you adjust for that, it's pretty close. I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions given that it's not a topic that's discussed that much, given that everyone's just compared to Brady.

I don't think Rodgers is competitive with Manning. For all of Manning's short comings at the end of games they were typically in the playoffs. But Manning could get it done in the 4th quarter during the regular season. Rodgers can't even do that. Not to mention when Rodgers has a bad defense he has losing seasons, with ironically the 15-1 year being the lone exception. Manning had 5 or 6 winning seasons with his defense ranked low 20's or worse.

I just don't put Rodgers in that category. Fun to watch, great arm but turtles in the biggest of moments in not so big games..

I don't think Rodgers is competitive with Manning. For all of Manning's short comings at the end of games they were typically in the playoffs. But Manning could get it done in the 4th quarter during the regular season. Rodgers can't even do that. Not to mention when Rodgers has a bad defense he has losing seasons, with ironically the 15-1 year being the lone exception. Manning had 5 or 6 winning seasons with his defense ranked low 20's or worse.

I just don't put Rodgers in that category. Fun to watch, great arm but turtles in the biggest of moments in not so big games..

Currently this year the Packers defense is ranked 16th in points and 12th in yards. Rodgers also currently has what would be a record setting 20-1 TD-int ratio.

How are they 4-6-1?o_O

Quarterbacks don't win by themselves, coaching/GMing in GB is pathetic. Aaron has more talent and is better than TB, but he's not the GOAT.

Rodgers is not better than Brady. Among other reasons, I don't expect Rodgers to be playing football at Brady's level at age 41. Or at all for that matter. He has taken quite a few serious injuries in recent years and QB's don't age well playing the game like he does.

2015: Packers 27 Seahawks 17 (10-6)
2016 Playoffs: Packers 34 Cowboys 31 (13-3)

Both of these were 4th quarter comebacks (albeit it as small as can be, one point comebacks) against teams with a winning record by Rodgers, so this stat is false.

The ball-washing of Rodgers is insufferable and the fact that those two games are his only comebacks of such nature indeed emphasize he's not as clutch as people think but there's no need to spread fake stats to prove that point.

Brady is clearly better, more clutch, etc. than Rodgers, let's always remember to use the mountain of real stats to make this case instead of needing fake ones.

Both of these were 4th quarter comebacks (albeit it as small as can be, one point comebacks) against teams with a winning record by Rodgers, so this stat is false.

No. The stat says trailing BY MORE THAN 1

The ball-washing of Rodgers is insufferable and the fact that those two games are his only comebacks of such nature indeed emphasize he's not as clutch as people think but there's no need to spread fake stats to prove that point.

Brady is clearly better, more clutch, etc. than Rodgers, let's always remember to use the mountain of real stats to make this case instead of needing fake ones.
Reading is fundamental

That link is not in the original post.

The majority of people in the thread are replying the original post, which is incorrect.
I was taking about the fact not whether a poster misquoted it.

I was taking about the fact not whether a poster misquoted it.

You said "reading is fundamental" for a fact that was not posted anywhere in the original post to be read which is completely illogical.

Not going to waste more posts to explain this to you.

You said "reading is fundamental" for a fact that was not posted anywhere in the original post to be read which is completely illogical.

Not going to waste more posts to explain this to you.

You said the stat was made up. It’s not.

Sorry you don’t have a sense of humor.

You said the stat was made up. It’s not.

Sorry you don’t have a sense of humor.

The original post is a made up stat. My post is a response to that.

The end. (OK, I wasted one more post on this)

Aaron Rodgers has never had a 4th qtr comeback against a team with a winning record.

"But, but he can make all the throws"!

Sorry if this has been posted prior, but I just heard this on radio and could not believe it. And some people actually think he is better then Brady. By this fact alone I think he is barely a top 10 QB all time.
He's actually 1-22 against winning teams when trailing at the start of the 4th quarter. They talked about it this morning. However, this is a glaring stat that continues to be ignored.

Last edited:
Quarterbacks don't win by themselves, coaching/GMing in GB is pathetic. Aaron has more talent and is better than TB, but he's not the GOAT.
I disagree. Aside from Rodgers first few years when he had Jennings, Nelson and Finley in their prime, the Packers always had some glaring weakness they couldn't overcome but the media chose to ignore. Finley deteriorated and had to retire. Running game was very inconsistent and then became non existent. The defense has always been terrible.

But I do agree about the GM. Ted Thompson was the most overrated GM in the league and was running it into the ground like Balke in SF. Coaching is debatable from week to week as Rodgers has missed quite a bit of throws when the game is on the line that has nothing to do with McCarthy.

Green Bay needs a real owner and restore order. I don't feel bad at all for Aaron Rodgers because he knew what he was getting into when he signed that extension.

I told all of you he was the jumpy punk discount double dork narcissist he's always been...way back when Brady was being eviscerated by that damnable scumbag Turdell. "Erring" closed his yap like a giant clam at the Great Barrier reef and let his so-called "good friend" Brady twist in the fiery wind of that repugnant witch hunt. **** him and the jackazz he rode in on. I hate that egomaniacal azzole with a vengeance. He rides on this magic carpet of broken play jumping throws that make ESPN highlights like it's a friggin religious experience. Have you ever wondered WHY he's always breaking out of the pocket and throwing across his body all the time? It's because he's AVERAGE when it comes to reading defenses and always has been.
Can't stand this arrogant POS and find it constantly aggravating that THIS fanbase puts so much energy into lusting for HIM over the greatest QB to ever play the game.

giphy.gif

Joker's forum portfolio is full of classics, but goddamn this post is pure poetry!

Spot on!

Seattle's record was 0-1 at the time of that comeback in 2015.
And the only comeback Rodgers had against a winning team was not in 2016, that was a blowout win with a near comeback by Dallas. His only true 4QC against a winner was the Dez Bryant non-catch game in 2014.

At the time that stat was originally posted it was in an Atlanta Falcons forum during their SB year, and the number then was 0-35 in games against winning teams.

I think they might have been talking about regular season only, so I decided to check the info in pro football reference. What I found was the list of all of Rodgers' 4QC's, which right now stands at 13 (that ties him with Ryan Tannehill). Here they are;

Aaron Rodgers's Career 4th quarter comebacks and game-winning drives | Pro-Football-Reference.com

One other thing to consider is that Rodgers also had many failed comebacks against teams without winning records. God only knows how many times he failed to do that.

Last edited:
And, in case anyone is wondering, I did not forget about Eli, Flacco or Palmer (might have made it if he hadn't had that knee injury that changed his career).

I don’t think anyone was wondering about those three.

I wouldn’t think of putting Roethlisberger is in the same class here as Brees or Rodgers, though I agree he is right below them. Warner deserves strong consideration if McNabb, Luck, Ryan, and Newton made the cut.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back