PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amazing stat/fact regarding Aaron Rodgers

That's exactly it for me, the face!
If we’re talking just VS angels that were active at the same time as Gisele, Adriana Lima is the GOAT...

rs_634x1024-161130124352-634-2adriana-lima-victoria-secret-fashion-show-2016.jpg

Boy are we salty about Rodgers.

Edit: How dare you disagree with me!!! This very thread proves my point!

Edit Edit: I really don't care actually. I'm not very salty myself.

Last edited:
I've heard the Packers fans counterargument that Rodgers has had "multiple" should-have-been 4th quarter comebacks, only to watch his D give the game away. I have no idea how valid that is and how many games this covers.

Regards,
Chris

I've heard the Packers fans counterargument that Rodgers has had "multiple" should-have-been 4th quarter comebacks, only to watch his D give the game away. I have no idea how valid that is and how many games this covers.

Regards,
Chris
Meh, every QB has those (how many does Brady have in the Superbowl alone?)

Unfortunately for Packers fans, there is no way to deflect this stat, it is VERY telling and should be a black mark on Rodger's legacy. Great QB, but not in the running for GOAT.

Boy are we salty about Rodgers.

Edit: How dare you disagree with me!!! This very thread proves my point!

Edit Edit: I really don't care actually. I'm not very salty myself.

It's the frustration with the media who always seem to be searching for things to knock Brady for while doing the opposite for other top quarterbacks like Manning and Rodgers.

It's the frustration with the media who always seem to be searching for things to knock Brady for while doing the opposite for other top quarterbacks like Manning and Rodgers.
Pretty much... Brady is held to this unreachable standard, and guys like Manning and Rodgers have massive contingents of the media bending over backwards to deflect any criticism. This stat is another example of it... sorry but no "GOAT" candidate should have that on their resume. Pathetic, regardless of whatever excuses anyone wants to attempt to use to explain it away (McCarthy, Defense, O-line, receivers blah blah blah)

Brady is the GOAT. It should be hands down at this point.

Yet Brees doesn't get the love when talking about being #2 in this era...that's the most insulting part. Rodgers over Brees? Get the **** outta here...

I understand. I do however think that Rodgers is a great QB and some fans pounce on him needlessly- it's not his fault that the media has anointed him "the guy with all of the tools."

Brady is the GOAT. It should be hands down at this point.

Yet Brees doesn't get the love when talking about being #2 in this era...that's the most insulting part. Rodgers over Brees? Get the **** outta here...
I completely agree with that. I hear very few if any people saying that Rodgers is the GOAT ... that conversation is over. However it is annoying that Rodgers is somehow automatically put ahead of Brees seemingly without a second thought.

Regards,
Chris

Yeah and I think that point has validity.

However, in a separate thread, the stat was 1-39 against teams with a winning record (the 1 was in the playoffs against the Cowboys when Dez should have been granted the catch). So my counter-counterargument to the Packers fans would be, sure, the defense gave a few away, but he's 1-39!! If he were 11-29 which is still bad, then I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. But if you only have 1 comeback then it's way more than just the defense. Also someone could do the research to show exactly how many times the defense blew it. Certainly wasn't the case last night or against us earlier this year.

Or he throws a pick to lose it :D. But he doesn't take a sack after looking at and not throwing to a wide open receiver on 3rd down.

Building off of this:

Green Bay is currently 24th in the NFL in 3rd down conversions, at 37.04%. The teams that they are ahead of:

Giants
Raiders
Broncos
Browns
Dolphins
Jets
Bills
Cardinals

In his career Rodgers has 1 rec on 1 target for -1 yards.

Brady has 3 rec on 3 targets for 65 yards.
I’m guessing that you’re not counting crushing, momentum swinging drops in Super Bowls.

I completely agree with that. I hear very few if any people saying that Rodgers is the GOAT ... that conversation is over. However it is annoying that Rodgers is somehow automatically put ahead of Brees seemingly without a second thought.

I've pointed out various issues with Rodgers but I hold the dome against Brees.

Brees: Inside 104.1 Outside 91.4
Brady: Inside 109.o Outside 96.9
Rodgers: Inside 109.0 Outside 102.2

It's not even like most of his outside games are in cold weather. Most of his outside games are in San Diego, Carolina and Tampa. It's not quite the same as getting Buffalo, NY or Chicago on your road games and playing in Foxboro and GB as your regular stadium.

Second wind is really a bigger factor than the cold overall. I think if you asked QBs 20 degrees with no wind or 40 with a 15 MPH wind or 60 with a 25 mph wind they would take the no wind. Of course both are just brutal. I think it's like Warner where he was great in St Louis or Arizona but put him in one of the northern outdoor stadiums and he would have lower numbers.

Last edited:
It's a bit fungible, because people play games with the "winning" part. Here's an article from last year

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story...n-rodgers-clutch-nfc-championship-stat-012217
It’s not really playing games if you define that a team with a winning record means a team that has a winning record up to that game.
I mean you could also define it by a team that finished with a winning record, but to address the question you gave to choose one or the other.

I've pointed out various issues with Rodgers but I hold the dome against Brees.

Brees: Inside 104.1 Outside 91.4
Brady: Inside 109.o Outside 86.9
Rodgers: Inside 109.0 Outside 102.2

It's not even like most of his outside games are in cold weather. Most of his outside games are in San Diego, Carolina and Tampa. It's not quite the same as getting Buffalo, NY or Chicago on your road games and playing in Foxboro and GB as your regular stadium.

Second wind is really a bigger factor than the cold overall. I think if you asked QBs 20 degrees with no wind or 40 with a 15 MPH wind or 60 with a 25 mph wind they would take the no wind. Of course both are just brutal. I think it's like Warner where he was great in St Louis or Arizona but put him in one of the northern outdoor stadiums and he would have lower numbers.
Your Brady outside # is wrong. It should be 96.9

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back