PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alone atop the AFC at 11-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care who we've to play. I still don't think the jets will get in the playoffs.The steelers or ravens don't scare me either. GRONK is good!

Fixed that for you.

I remember a few weeks ago the dynasty was over.

hopefully people still aren't trying to run belichick out of town.

LOL that's still a superbowl champion defense and the pats can't even win a playoff game.

The Patriots' defense is lousy. The Patriots offense is excellent. The Patriots coaching is excellent. That means that the team needs to win via a hot-handed Brady and quality coaching. It's certainly not a sure thing, but it's not impossible, either.

The AFC is in decline and the NFC is on the rise. Neither conference has a super team, and matchups/luck will have a significant impact upon which teams make the Super Bowl this year.

really?
what is Gronk and Hernandez's stats in last year's playoff loss vs. Jets? did they broke playoff records last year?

Perhaps you've just come out of an 11 month coma.

It's not January 2011.

The Pats did not split 2 regular season games with the Jets this year. They swept them in convincing style.

The Jets D of 2011 is not the Jets D of 2010.

Gimme the Jets.

Please.

I think you're dreamin... the only way KC makes it now is in a three way tie with SD and Denver for the division and Houston has clinched it's division and Pittsburgh has at least clinched a wildcard slot. The only way the JETS don't make it is if they lose one and Cincy wins two or if they both win out but Cincy's SOV improves in the last two weeks.

I simply picked the most plausible victors on ESPN playoff machine. KC is a formidable team. With Orton in there and that defense, they'll beat who they need to beat. I see Denver losing games. My prediction: Denver loses to Buffalo and KC.

By the way, San Diego is irrelevant if they lose next week to Detroit. They'd be knocked out of the playoffs.

It would come down to KC versus Denver, and they play the last week.

Agreed. If Brent Celek can get 156 yards and a TD vs. the Jets. Gronk could probably break playoff records against Eric Smith and Brodney Pool.

I wouldnt' mind playing the Jet's...but I'd prefer to see Rex and Jets fans boo-hooing that they didn't even MAKE the playoffs!!:D

That would give me and most Patriots fans the ultimate satisfaction. After all, we all know the Jets don't even DESERVE to be in the playoff picture.

God I hope note. As much as I would love to beat the jets, loosing to them in the playoffs again would kill me.

Not happening. The Patriots lost that game last year because they were out-coached. That happens to BB about once every 4 years. Don't expect the Jets 'lucky' run in the playoffs to continue.

That's another thing, glad you brought it up. What are the odds of beating the same team 3 straight times in the same season ? Not good.

What are the odds of winning 7 in a row? Pretty good after you've won the first 6!

The Patriots' defense is lousy. The Patriots offense is excellent. The Patriots coaching is excellent. That means that the team needs to win via a hot-handed Brady and quality coaching. It's certainly not a sure thing, but it's not impossible, either.

The AFC is in decline and the NFC is on the rise. Neither conference has a super team, and match ups/luck will have a significant impact upon which teams make the Super Bowl this year.

The only way i can see the pats making it to the superbowl is if they get lucky enough to get 2 cold blizzard like snow games.

No one plays better in the cold than brady plus the secondary won't have to worry about long passes. NEW ENGLAnd has looked to damn pretty these last two playoff games.

Aside from the Saints winning, anything and everything the Pats could have wanted going into week 15, happened...

Going into the weekend, the Pats were looking to clinch their division and needed help to get a first round bye...

Coming out of the weekend, the Pats are AFCE Champs, and they are two home wins away from being the #1 seed. The Jocktapus is hurt, Baltimore looked terrible.

Last night's game was especially big because not only did it hurt the Steelers, it hurt the Saints too. SF now has the advantage for the #2 seed, and the Saints (and their 1st round pick) might have to go on the road in the playoffs. They are a much different team outside of a dome.

Bottomline, the Pats are 4 home wins away from the SB.

I remember a few weeks ago the dynasty was over.

hopefully people still aren't trying to run belichick out of town.

Clearly you missed the game thread comments at the end of the first quarter. :)

Not happening. The Patriots lost that game last year because they were out-coached. That happens to BB about once every 4 years. Don't expect the Jets 'lucky' run in the playoffs to continue.

If they even make the playoffs. Hopefully the Giants can end that dream Saturday

The only way i can see the pats making it to the superbowl is if they get lucky enough to get 2 cold blizzard like snow games.

No one plays better in the cold than brady plus the secondary won't have to worry about long passes. NEW ENGLAnd has looked to damn pretty these last two playoff games.

Interesting theory. Let's look at likely playoff teams and consider the games played in nothing worse than chilly weather. Under those conditions, which teams do you think have a clear overall matchup edge against the Patriots?

Steelers
Ravens
Texans
Chargers
Raiders
Broncos
Titans
Jets
Bengals

Aside from the Saints winning, anything and everything the Pats could have wanted going into week 15, happened...

Going into the weekend, the Pats were looking to clinch their division and needed help to get a first round bye...

Coming out of the weekend, the Pats are AFCE Champs, and they are two home wins away from being the #1 seed. The Jocktapus is hurt, Baltimore looked terrible.

Last night's game was especially big because not only did it hurt the Steelers, it hurt the Saints too. SF now has the advantage for the #2 seed, and the Saints (and their 1st round pick) might have to go on the road in the playoffs. They are a much different team outside of a dome.

Bottomline, the Pats are 4 home wins away from the SB.

when you put it that way, it has a nice ring to it ! Hope everything will work out

That's where it's all pointing right now. The Jets will absolutely wipe out the Texans and a return trip to Foxboro will be in order.

This is not who I want to see walking into Foxboro in January. Our only hope is that the Giants beat the Jets this week and hope that Cincy can win both of their remaining 2 games Arizona and Baltimore. Hopefully that last weekend game against Baltimore is meaningless for the Ravens assuming they'll already have their playoff position wrapped up, maybe they'll rest some guys.

I think Giants beats Jets

We'll be playing whoever plays the Texans, because the chances of that Yates kid winning a playoff game are pretty slim. So, yes, the stars are alignimg for a Jets/Patriots playoff rematch.
Not really because the Jets cannot beat a good team, and would certainly lose to Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes