PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All quiet on Hightower front or Dont'a-do-it FA tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think any of us could've predicted that, although in hindsight, the odds of having all 4 leave would have been much better than the odds of having all 4 stay, like some of our more optimistic posters had predicted.

Personally, I had hoped to keep 2/4. I felt as though that was reasonable with the amount of cap space available this year.

Ill take 1 at this point, HT preferably.

Damn Jones, Collins, Butler and HT all going to be gone lol. Who would of thought...

I'm pretty confident hightower is coming back fwiw

As a matter of fact, IIRC, Hightower himself didn't exactly get off to the hottest start, and there was genuine concern about him being overhyped and playing poorly. I could be wrong, but I think it may have taken him awhile to get acclimated, maybe right around your 1-2 yr timeframe.
You're not wrong, he was criticized quite a bit over the first two years.

Nobody claimed Hightower is perfect. What he is is a whole hell of a lot better than Zach Brown.
And a whole lot more expensive.

I think Hightower slowly realizing that he ain't getting Von Miller type of money, if that's what he is after.
I mean the Browns and 49ers could sign him, but they got more holes to fill than at LB.
Jets are trying, but they got too many holes and trying to spend on a LB that is not going to turn their franchise around.

My guess is that by this Thursday at the latest Hightower is back in New England where he should finish his career.

People who go to the jets start playing like crap and then beating up fools in other states.

Dont go..

As a matter of fact, IIRC, Hightower himself didn't exactly get off to the hottest start, and there was genuine concern about him being overhyped and playing poorly. I could be wrong, but I think it may have taken him awhile to get acclimated, maybe right around your 1-2 yr timeframe.

To me the final stretch of the 2013 season culminating in the game against the Colts was the first time I thought "he is getting it". Same time Collins flashed for the first time.

And thats not on the player. Look around the league. Shazier is still not fully there and how long has he been in the league?

I get your point, however, "sucking" usually means "not being capable of playing in the NFL." Those stats tell me otherwise. Now if you want to say "overrated" cool, but 150 tackles, 4 sacks & 1 INT doesn't reside in the "sucking" part of the dictionary.
So if a RB gets 400 carries and gain 800 yard he doesn't suck?

But let me clarify. If Zach brown starts for you then you have a weakness at that position. That is what suck means to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back