PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION AFCCG: Bengals at Chiefs

Sure…and everyone should be. He’s a great QB. He also has a pretty big weakness. He can’t play as a quick release pocket quarterback other than on scripted plays. As such, he puts a ton of strain on the line and tries to improv too often. Things are awesome when they’re going well. It gets ugly when that stuff isn’t working.
He also makes an incredible amount of boneheaded plays that he somehow gets away with most of the time. We've seen what happens when defenders don't just drop easy picks.

As a fan you always expect your team to win. Especially games against teams like Cincinnati.

This has to be the biggest AFC title game upset since 2001. Might be the biggest.

Regardless, it hurts to see a team you put so much into lose like this. Times like these I wanna just go outside and cry. But I can't because no football game should control my life.

Mahomes choked.
Wasn't it five or six weeks ago that a lot of analysts were predicting the Chiefs would miss the playoffs completely? One seed or not, they were not a top three team in the league. They shouldn't have even beaten the Bills. This was nowhere near the upset the 2001 game was. And not even that big an upset. Chiefs were overrated after possibly being underated earlier in the year. They lost twice this year to the Bengals in close games. That doesn't happen unless the two teams are fairly evenly matched.
Can we at least drop the ridiculous Mahomes/Brady comparisons. He is nowhere close to the GOAT. We both know that if a healthy 44 year old Brady starts the game for the Chiefs today they are in the Super Bowl. Stop it with the outrageous slander.

Yes. Good analogy. But he’s what, 25 ? With a ring & two SBs visits ?

Don’t really know why some posters here are giving you such a hard time.

I remember the SB that shouldn’t be mentioned. Talk about an ouchie. Oof.
He's 26.

But yeah good points.

I think posters here maybe think I have him ahead of Brady? I don't. Nor will Mahomes ever surpass Brady. No QB will.

I think he can maybe surpass Montana.

But that's a tall task too.

Mahomes flat out sucked today. But he will redeem himself.

He's 26.

But yeah good points.

I think posters here maybe think I have him ahead of Brady? I don't. Nor will Mahomes ever surpass Brady. No QB will.

I think he can maybe surpass Montana.

But that's a tall task too.

Mahomes flat out sucked today. But he will redeem himself.
I’d be overjoyed if Mac is 1/2 Montana. That guy was a winner.

As a fan you always expect your team to win. Especially games against teams like Cincinnati.

This has to be the biggest AFC title game upset since 2001. Might be the biggest.

Regardless, it hurts to see a team you put so much into lose like this. Times like these I wanna just go outside and cry. But I can't because no football game should control my life.

Mahomes choked.

Agreed Mahomes choked, but it's pretty arrogant to consider this to be the biggest upset since 2001. The Bengals are a great football team, despite having one of the worst OLs in the game.

But their D-Line had good pressure today.....amazed that they sacked Mahomes 3x.

Once they stopped letting Mahomes run out of the pocket....the game turned, IMO.
Mahomes isn't that good while in the pocket.

Wasn't it five or six weeks ago that a lot of analysts were predicting the Chiefs would miss the playoffs completely? One seed or not, they were not a top three team in the league. They shouldn't have even beaten the Bills. This was nowhere near the upset the 2001 game was. And not even that big an upset. Chiefs were overrated after possibly being underated earlier in the year. They lost twice this year to the Bengals in close games. That doesn't happen unless the two teams are fairly evenly matched.
Can we at least drop the ridiculous Mahomes/Brady comparisons. He is nowhere close to the GOAT. We both know that if a healthy 44 year old Brady starts the game for the Chiefs today they are in the Super Bowl. Stop it with the outrageous slander.
Huh. When have I suggested Mahomes was better than Brady? I haven't.

This was definitely an upset. Look at the predictions. Point spread etc. Add in the collapse in the game.

I would assume it's his PR team. They probably had a post prepared win or lose. His mother and his girlfriend should start making excuses and blaming the refs any second now. They are so classy.
I seriously doubt they planned for "or lose"

Finally finished the game and some random fairly irrelevant thoughts.
1) When it was 21-3, I went Ugh bad playoff memory, but Bengals still have a chance if they score here. Didn't think they'd completely shut them down, though.
2) When Romo said, "Chase is... on the case," I thought he's gotta have a young son at home (and promised him he'd say that).
3) Burrow looks like he's in HS.
4) Pre game thread couldn't believe how very few people if any gave the Bengals a shot. Was thinking I mean they already won against them this year.
5) The KC interception intended for Chase where there was a jersey grab - isn't that stuff challengeable now?

Honestly I couldn't possibly care less about either of those two.

They are attention whores. Mahomes needs to tell them to F Off and stop acting like children.

For instance, why are you spraying a bottle of champagne after a 2nd round win? Karma will always come back to you.

Why is Mahomes brother going on the field in opposing stadiums? He's asking for it.

Regardless, I don't care about either.
I have no problem with Mahomes. It's the nutty Brady comparisons I hate. And the fact that their number one WR is a POS coward that beats pregnant women. It's just a garbage organization. I enjoy watching them lose.

Honestly I couldn't possibly care less about either of those two.

They are attention whores. Mahomes needs to tell them to F Off and stop acting like children.

For instance, why are you spraying a bottle of champagne after a 2nd round win? Karma will always come back to you.

Why is Mahomes brother going on the field in opposing stadiums? He's asking for it.

Regardless, I don't care about either.
You should care. It is the embodiment that Mahomes does not have what it takes. He is very talented but he does not have the heart of a real champion and these two clowns ridding on his coat tails show it. You think Brady would ever put up with distractions like this? Of course not and that is why a 6th round pick surpassed all the first round picks who were entitled and probably had more natural athletic skills.

I have no problem with Mahomes. It's the nutty Brady comparisons I hate. And the fact that their number one WR is a POS coward that beats pregnant women. It's just a garbage organization. I enjoy watching them lose.
Forgot Kelce. Can't stand him either. Might be the biggest non criminal douche in the entire league.

Agreed Mahomes choked, but it's pretty arrogant to consider this to be the biggest upset since 2001. The Bengals are a great football team, despite having one of the worst OLs in the game.
I'm strictly talking AFC title games.

I had to go back.

But...

01: Patriots beat 10 point favorite Steelers. Keep in mind Kordell Stewart was the Steelers QB.
02: Favored Raiders beat Titans
03: Favored Patriots beat Colts
04: Favored Patriots beat Steelers
05: Favored Steelers beat Denver
06: Favored Colts beat Patriots
07: Favored Patriots beat Chargers
08: Favored Steelers beat Ravens
09: Favored Colts beat Jets
10: Favored Steelers beat Jets
11: Favored Patriots beat Ravens
12: Patriots were favored. Not by much though. Not an upset Baltimore won.
13: Favored Denver beats NE
14: Favored Patriots destroy Colts
15: Pick em game. Denver beats NE
16: Favored Patriots destroy Steelers
17: Favored Patriots beat Jags
18: Chiefs favorites. But it wasn't an upset NE won. Many pundits were split.
19: Favored Chiefs destroy Titans
20: Favored Chiefs destroy Bills
21: Favored Chiefs collapse in loss to Titans.

Last edited:
yeah...well this arrogant punk idiot infecting the board right now has been here all season just to set up his "Mahomes better than Brady now!!!" proclamation. Well ..THAT pipe dream is over...flushed down the sewer hole with the rest of the know-it-all Barfalo and Jete fan idiocies.

lol

T0oIU2k.jpg

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes