PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Number 2 Seed if N.E. finishes at 12-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundgame

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Assuming the Dolphins do not run the table, and win their last 11, to end-up at 12-4:
The Patriots will root tonight for the 6-3 Houston Texans to defeat the Raiders, as NE has the tie-breaker over the Texans. This gives them the best route for the #1 Seed, as you need OAK/KC/DEN to rack-up as many losses as possible. Important also, as that would allow the Pats to lose at Denver and at Miami, to hypothetically end-up at 12-4. Houston would have to win their remaining 6 Games (unlikely) to finish at 13-3. This would leave New England as a huge favorite to be at least the No. 2 AFC Seed. Even if Oakland wins tonight (this ironically cinches NE or MIA as the No. 2 seed at an earlier point), the Raiders (7-2), Chiefs (7-3) and Broncos (7-3) have a combined 4 games each other in the their remaining games, which could result with all of the them ending at 11-5 at-best. In the event that scenario unfolds, NE could be the No. 1 Overall Seed at 12-4 (given the above low percentage chances that MIA and HOU win all their remaining games), even with losses at DEN and at MIA.

No matter what, the New England / Denver game at Mile High, will be the regular season Game-of-the-Year, which will likely give the winning team the easiest Path to SB 51>

If we had the two seed: If you gave me a choice of where to go on the road between Denver KC and Oakland, I'm taking Oakland all day. Zero experience playoff team.

True but boy the nfl refs have been awful
this year and i am sure they will be flag happy against our suspect secondary

I still don't see Oakland being able to get the number 1 seed playing in the brutal AFC West!

That Raider defense just made Brock look good. Imagine what Brady would do to it.
I agree! The Oakland offense is one of the best in the league and Carr is really turning into a stud! However I think Brady would carve that defense like a Thanksgiving Turkey in a playoff matchup

The question for me is whether we should root for the Raiders to succeed. On one hand, them doing well might knock the Broncos out of the playoffs (or to no. 5-6); on the other, them doing well also means they might get the #1 seed.

The Raiders stumbling down the stretch would open the door for the Broncos to get likely the #2 seed since they already have three losses. In this scenario we have homefield but have a higher likelihood of having to play the Broncos. Where Kansas City fits in all this is anyone's guess, but I have the least faith in them as a legitimate threat based on their pretender status in past postseasons.

I guess in the end it doesn't matter and I like the Raiders as an underdog story. Nightmare scenario is Denver getting #1, so let's take care of business this year in Denver for the tie-breaker.

I still don't see Oakland being able to get the number 1 seed playing in the brutal AFC West!

Well KC just lost to the lowly Bucs, The Broncos dodged a bullet against NO and should have lost the game. I have a feeling the Raiders will end up with the #2 seed. Don't judge the Raiders on this game alone they are a better team than what they showed tonight. Maybe not on Defense so much but they are a better offense.
Anyway we got the Ravens, Miami on the road and Denver on the road if we go 2-3 and end the season 13-3 we win HFA.

Oakland has a tougher schedule they have: panthers, Bills, Chiefs, chargers, colts, broncos

win their last 11?

How are the dolphins 1-4
they were 1-4, they've won their last 5 in a row. if they run the table in their last 6 games, they will have won their last 11 games.

No matter what, the New England / Denver game at Mile High, will be the regular season Game-of-the-Year, which will likely give the winning team the easiest Path to SB 51>

I'm not as sure as you are that "no matter what" the NE/DEN game will be the game of the year. For one thing, the NE/SEA game would be hard to top, and also: Denver (7-3) plays KC (7-3) twice in its last six games. They also play the Raiders (8-2). Those are 4 very difficult games in their last 6 that could go either way, and could easily be interpreted as being more important to the 2 teams since they're in the division.

For all we know, DEN may not even make the playoffs, and if they do, it's quite possible that the loser of the NE/DEN game isn't even all that negatively affected, depending on how they perform in their other games. I'm not meaning to nitpick your point and you certainly may be right. I'm also not convinced that the Denver Broncos are the current measuring stick in 2016. Either way, it should make for some good football down the stretch run.

I am just waiting for some people here to start ****ting their pants about Oakland soon.

If you are too scared to face the Ravens, Oakland or Denver in the playoffs maybe you should root for a team that doesn't make the playoffs each year.

Those games are the entire point of watching the degraded, crap product that the regular season has become.

NE matches up the best with Oakland. Carr can shred this defense, however Brady can destroy that terrible Raider defense + he has postseason experience. Denver and the Chiefs scare me

NE matches up the best with Oakland. Carr can shred this defense, however Brady can destroy that terrible Raider defense + he has postseason experience. Denver and the Chiefs scare me

How will Carr shred this defense? Without good TE/RB Pats D can survive pretty well...

Assuming the Dolphins do not run the table, and win their last 11.....

What? The Dolphins can go 17-4? Does that mean that the 1972 Dolphins don't get to raise a glass of champagne? Are you Don Shula? When did the recreational marijuana store open?

I am just waiting for some people here to start ****ting their pants about Oakland soon.

If you are too scared to face the Ravens, Oakland or Denver in the playoffs maybe you should root for a team that doesn't make the playoffs each year.

Those games are the entire point of watching the degraded, crap product that the regular season has become.

I, I think I need a safe space away from all these scary playoff teams

I, I think I need a safe space away from all these scary playoff teams

I just don't get many of the people here. They are watching one of the best teams in the league led by the GOAT QB and still prefer to get handed some gimme games in the playoffs ?

**** that I want to see greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case