PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Advice on what fans making their first visit to Gillette can expect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Going to Pats/Jets--A Little Help

I have season tickets but this will be the first game I actually can get to this year. Really looking forward to it.

I hate that train. It's so slow and sometimes even late for the game.

Andy, if driving from Warwick I'd leave by 2 at the latest. Park in the Gold's Gym parking lot which is on your left as you're driving up Rt 1. It's an easy walk from there even for an old guy like PatsWickedPissah and you avoid alot of traffic after the game.

Enjoy! Keep your eyes open for me, I'll be the guy in the Pats hat.
Thanks for the info, and the laugh.

Re: Going to Pats/Jets--A Little Help

where in RI are you staying Andy??...Warwick Inn At The Crossings???

Info about 4:00pm games

Ok I need help

So now that they have changed the time of the Colts game I need to readjust my thinking :mad:

So you guys in the know help me out will ya

What time do the parking lots open ?

What time can you get into the stadium ?

Should we plan to get there at a certain time-(we don't tailgate) I usually park by the liquor store not to far the stadium will the parking lots be filled up earlier with people who get there wicked early ?

Re: Info about 4:00pm games

The official start time of the Colts game is 4:25. The Patriots official opening time for their parking lots is 4 hours prior to the game. So technically, the Patriots lots are supposed to open at 12:25. However, I went to the last 4:25 game and the lots were already open by 12:25. I assume they opened at 12:00.

If you're talking about the private lots (like the liquor store parking lot), they always seem to be open much earlier than 4 hours before the game. I don't know that these private parking lot opening times are published anywhere though.

Thanks- knew it was closer to 4:30, me and my son will be there in our seats long before that :) Never understood why anybody would wait until the last minute to get to the gate-is partying really that important that you miss the very beginning of the game not to mention have to climb around people already in their seats. I park in that lot cause I always have -basically I feel comfortable there and I know how to get home from there :D.

Pat

With Giants on a Bye Week ( usually play ay 4:00pm) & Jets playing at 1pm, There'sa good chance I'll get to see Pats/Colts game here in NY. Sounds good to me!

Greetings!

My girlfriend and I are long time Patriot fans (13+ years) and she bought us a trip to Boston for my Birthday to party and see the 49ers game on Dec. 16th. It will be my first trip to Boston and we are flying in on Friday morning and staying at the Omni Boston Parker House downtown.

After hours of reading I'm still not sure what the best option is to get to the stadium and leave the stadium. We definitely want to show up early to tailgate (hopefully with some of you folks!) so the train is not an option I'm considering.

Here's kind of the options I'm mulling over:
1.) Rent a car ($40), Park ($40), Hotel parking (40$), Gas ($?). This option is fine but a bit expensive and honestly I'd prefer to be able to drink and not have to worry about driving. It's my Birthday after all :)

If I rent a car - the below two options are moot.
2.) Getting to the stadium shouldn't be too difficult as we'll show up way early to tailgate. It's also my understanding that cabs can not go into the stadium. What is the best option getting to the Stadium? Does the T go anywhere near? Can a cab drop us off nearby?

3.) Leaving the stadium is really the most concerning. I understand that traffic is insane for a couple hours after the game so I'm trying to figure out what options I have.
1.) Take the train. I heard the train leaves directly after the game and takes forever to get to your destination. This idea is okay but since it takes so long to get back it effectively kills our last night in Boston. Also, since we won't be taking the train TO the game, can we ride it going back?​
2.) Can we tailgate or go to a bar at Patriots Place for a couple of hours after the game and possibly take a cab? Are cabs allowed to come in or near the stadium hours after the game ends?​

I appreciate any advice you folks could offer!

OT - First game, First time to Boston

I imagine this is probably in the wrong spot and will get moved so I apologize in advance.

So after years and years of trying to get to Boston I finally booked a trip to get over there. I’m going to the home opener against the Jets on September 12th. I’ll be in town from the 11th to 15th and then I’m heading to NY to see the Broncos @ Giants.

I was hoping to get some advice from some Bostonians on things to do while in town and best advice to get too/from the game. I’m hoping to go to Patriot Place for a bit before and tailgate for a few hours. I’m staying in the South End area.

I’m also going to the Yankees @ Red Sox games on Friday and Saturday (being from Canada I’m a Jays fan, but I will adopt being a Red Sox fan for the weekend). Is there a good store to grab a Sox hat and Patriots merch? I’ve been trying to get a Limited Throwback jersey for over a year without paying a stupid amount for it.

Anyway cant wait to make it to Gillette and thanks in advance for anyone that can chime in with some help.

Re: OT - First game, First time to Boston

I imagine this is probably in the wrong spot and will get moved so I apologize in advance.

So after years and years of trying to get to Boston I finally booked a trip to get over there. I’m going to the home opener against the Jets on September 12th. I’ll be in town from the 11th to 15th and then I’m heading to NY to see the Broncos @ Giants.

I was hoping to get some advice from some Bostonians on things to do while in town and best advice to get too/from the game. I’m hoping to go to Patriot Place for a bit before and tailgate for a few hours. I’m staying in the South End area.

I’m also going to the Yankees @ Red Sox games on Friday and Saturday (being from Canada I’m a Jays fan, but I will adopt being a Red Sox fan for the weekend). Is there a good store to grab a Sox hat and Patriots merch? I’ve been trying to get a Limited Throwback jersey for over a year without paying a stupid amount for it.

Anyway cant wait to make it to Gillette and thanks in advance for anyone that can chime in with some help.

This is as good as any place for those questions, and enjoy the games!

For now I'm going to merge this into a very old thread that you probably never would have found, and you can peruse through there for some suggestions.

Perhaps some of the other forum members can offer you suggestions in regards to the question about the best places to go to purchase some team-related merchandise.

Last edited:

All I can tell you for the home opener is LEAVE EARLY!!!

If you want to tailgate for a few hours and hit the Hall, you'll have to drive from Boston (instead of taking the train from South Station, which arrives at kickoff if you are lucky and leaves 30 minutes after the game ends). I think the parking lots open 4 hours before the game, which would be around 4:00 p.m. You should leave your Boston hotel by 2:00 p.m. I kid you not. The game day traffic, particularly on a weekday at the end of the week when the weather is still good (which means you will have the added bonus of rush hour and Cape weekend traffic) will astound you.

You should aim for a parking lot outside of the stadium grounds along Route 1 which advertises "easy out"; you should probably stay on the north side (facing north, preferably) of the stadium as you will be returning to Boston. A little walk at the beginning of your adventure will mean less of an incredible headache after the game. Being early means you can enjoy the Hall and either find some folks to tailgate with, or go to Patriots Place and get into a restaurant there (Skipjacks is a favorite of mine; seafood; decent bar; better chance of getting in for dinner before the game).

Not trying to put a damper on things as you will have an incredible time if you get there early and can get to things when you want to! Have a great time! Walking into the stadium and seeing the team run out for the first time will be incredible. I still get teary-eyed every first game when the first strains of Carmin Berana (sp?) sound.

This is as good as any place for those questions, and enjoy the games!

For now I'm going to merge this into a very old thread that you probably never would have found, and you can peruse through there for some suggestions.

Perhaps some of the other forum members can offer you suggestions in regards to the question about the best places to go to purchase some team-related merchandise.

LOL, I was wondering how 7 pages worth of stuff got here before I typed my answer!

All I can tell you for the home opener is LEAVE EARLY!!!

If you want to tailgate for a few hours and hit the Hall, you'll have to drive from Boston (instead of taking the train from South Station, which arrives at kickoff if you are lucky and leaves 30 minutes after the game ends). I think the parking lots open 4 hours before the game, which would be around 4:00 p.m. You should leave your Boston hotel by 2:00 p.m. I kid you not. The game day traffic, particularly on a weekday at the end of the week when the weather is still good (which means you will have the added bonus of rush hour and Cape weekend traffic) will astound you.

You should aim for a parking lot outside of the stadium grounds along Route 1 which advertises "easy out"; you should probably stay on the north side (facing north, preferably) of the stadium as you will be returning to Boston. A little walk at the beginning of your adventure will mean less of an incredible headache after the game. Being early means you can enjoy the Hall and either find some folks to tailgate with, or go to Patriots Place and get into a restaurant there (Skipjacks is a favorite of mine; seafood; decent bar; better chance of getting in for dinner before the game).

Not trying to put a damper on things as you will have an incredible time if you get there early and can get to things when you want to! Have a great time! Walking into the stadium and seeing the team run out for the first time will be incredible. I still get teary-eyed every first game when the first strains of Carmin Berana (sp?) sound.

Thanks for the help. I had read elsewhere that there was an option to take a train and then a 15minute cab ride...or something like that. I'm not sure how much of an option a car is going to be for my buddy and I.

Thanks for the help. I had read elsewhere that there was an option to take a train and then a 15minute cab ride...or something like that. I'm not sure how much of an option a car is going to be for my buddy and I.

There is only one train to the game. It is along a rickety set of tracks and only runs when there is a Pats home game (although for the 1st half of your ride you are on a common commuter rail line - wait until you see all the throngs waiting at the stops after the jumping off point at South Station). It leaves (supposedly) about 3 hours before game time from South Station in Boston, which is not too far from where you will be staying (you can take the subway, or the T as it is called in Boston) to get there. The problem with taking the train is it never arrives more than a few minutes before kickoff, and, if you have read through this thread, sometimes after kickoff. It also leaves, pronto, 30 minutes after the game. That means no Hall, no Patriots Place and no tailgating (before or after the game). If the game experience is all you seek, then you will be okay, but you will be rushed to try to find your seats before the game starts. The Pats also usually have a fly-over before the 1st home game and you'll miss it. If you can swing renting a car or catching a ride with some friends, it is worth the expense/hassle of doing so.

Boston is a great city with so much to see and do. Foxboro, otoh, not much. I take the train from South Station whenever I go to a night game. I don't tailgate so it works for me. It's cheaper than parking, but it takes a long time. After a night game, you get home very late but the T will wait and run a train after the game.

Forgot to add earlier that a good place to pick up cheap (relatively speaking) merchandise is Modell's, a local chain.

Forgot to add earlier that a good place to pick up cheap (relatively speaking) merchandise is Modell's, a local chain.

I'm an eBay Pats gear bargain shopper myself. ;)

I rely on the kindness of strangers, and my innate ability to morph into a pathetic beggar at the drop of hat.

I rely on the kindness of strangers, and my innate ability to morph into a pathetic beggar at the drop of hat.

Aside from that, it also helps to have friends who can get you discounts, right? :singing:

ugh...sorry...you're not gonna fire me are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back