PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Advice on what fans making their first visit to Gillette can expect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two Saints fans making the Sunday October 13th game at the Razor. Bringing my wife, we are in good shape and not obnoxious partyers, but would like to tailgate before and after the 4:25 pm game. We are driving a rental up from the Cape on Sunday am, I have a hotel room booked in Mansfield for Sunday night. What would be the smart game day play here?

My options would be to take a cab from the Mansfield hotel to Foxborough town to North Street and hike up Putnam Parkway and then catch a cab from the stadium back to Mansfield after the game OR just take the rental car up to the game and park South of the stadium at one of the private lots on US 1.

Any feedback will be appreciated. BTW: Longtime Sox fan, mutual HATRED of all things pinstriped originally; now for the right reasons. Bucky bleepin' Dent.
There is a shuttle service from most nearby hotels to and from the stadium.
Call the hotel and check, and they can give you the info.

I have personal experience with the Razor's Edge crew and they are a great bunch of people and do a fun (but not rowdy) tailgate. Non-azzhole visiting fans have always been treated well. .

and even I get treated well

This is a little off-subject, but I'm a devoted Pats Fan and have watched them on TV religiously for 15 years (and logged onto PatFan.com almost every day since 2007, but I've never seen the Pats (or, for that matter, any other NFL team) in person. My sweet wife has arranged for us to attend the Pats game the week after next in Atlanta :D:rocker::singing:

We'll stay in the Omni that is supposed to be within walking distance of the stadium, and then leave early the next morning to drive home for work.

Any advice on how to maximize the live stadium Pats game experience? Should I bring binoculars, or is better to watch the whole field? Any other advice or suggestions?

I would appreciate any guidance, suggestions, pearls of wisdom, etc. from the live Pats game pros on Patsfan.com.

Chris:
The Georgia Dome is fairly new with good sightlines for the lower level seats. If you are up in the 300 Level, bring some binoculars; otherwise, at least for me, they are more trouble than they are worth. They tailgating experience around the Georgia Dome is not particularly inviting to Saints fans (they are our main rival) and the general climate of the neighborhood is not great. Many Falcon fans go directly to the game and leave directly from it like they've got a dental appointment they are late for...

Atlanta is a weird demographic, a bunch of the folks there aren't originally from there so you'll see a bunch of stray NFL teams represented by fans at Atlanta games.

Have a great time, the interior of the stadium is antiseptically clean, and there's some good eating/drinking venues inside. I'd pregame inside the stadium as it's weatherproof but expensive if you are drinking alcohol.

Thanks to all about my upcoming visit: I'll check with my hotel as to a shuttle service and I'll see about contacting Razor's Edge to invite myself to his fais do-do. (Cajun for "party")

Much respect to the Pats, you guys have been the definitive successful team of the 2000s.

Good luck this season against three out of four of the NFC Southers!

I made it over from europe to watch the new orleans game 2 weeks ago (yes I know, excellent choice of game).nd I thought I might as well write down my experiences.

Getting Tickets
Having to plan a flight and stuff I was interested in getting tickets quite early and bought via stubhub. I took the cheapest tickets available in June, which meant 220$ for a 65$ face price. I dont know if they get cheaper when you wait longer but prices for other seats where even steeper.
An Alternative I got told about is ticket Master where you are supposed to be ale to uy tickets at face value, after you made 100$ registration payment (which you might be able to get back later, I am not sure) but tickets are available there later, and you might not get any I was told.

Stubhub only delivers to US addresses so I had them send to my hotel. I had some trouble entering the US Address correctly, but they supported me well via hotline.

Getting There
I was a bit torn between train and rental car for a while but decided to go for the train, which worked out very well. I downloaded the MBTA App and boughtbthe tickets via internet but I dont think it would have been a problem getting tickets the day before or even 10 minutes efore the train left. I entered in Back bay, which is the second station so the train was already mostly full, and I had to wlak to the very end to find a free seat, but I think there were enoough seats so that everybiody could have had one.
The ride was smooth and we arrived about an hour before the game. On worse wheather it might be possible for the train to be late as one person described earlier, but I think you need to break it pretty bad for that ton happen. and of course you can get stcuk oin traffic too.

At the game
The procedures at the entrance were pretty efficient and I think we were through in aout 10 minutes. Afterwards we went to Pats store, which was pretty full. So plan a few minutes for the checkout. It took us good five minutes to get to the upper deck, but there were always signs pointing the correct way.

As I said I got the cheapest seats available but even from up there I felt I had a good view of the whole game. Better than I remmebered from Wembley with much better seating.

The scores in the other games get displayed on the opposite side, but as in TV you get the scores of the finished 1pm games over and over and have to wait ages for the 4 pm games. They also show fantasy football info if you need that. I did not use the WIFI as I needed to conserve battery, but I think it worked for my wife.

Way Back
My Wife was worried in the end that we would not catch the train back, so we used all the empty seats by the leavers to move further downstairs in the end. But I think it would never have been a problem, the exit out of the stadium was also very smooth, and the train waited quite a while even after we reached it. On the way ack it seemed fuller, but I think there were just more people blocking two seats. They never checked toickets on the way back So i shouldn't have worried about my battery. The way ack was also smooth, and we were back sooner than expected.
I was abit surprised, that the feelings toward the Saints fans were a it more hostile on the way back, but that may have been because of the patrons in my coach.

All in all it was apretty perfect trip for me, and everythging went ahead as planned back home in Austria. I must say its pretty need to live in the age of internet and Smart phones. I also want to thank jmt57 for the infos on the various ways to gte tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes