PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Humphries: "Who knows how many (years) he’s got left?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would any of us thought that Dorsett - White and Burkhead would have more yards than Humphries?? That's a distinct possibility this year I could have told Humphries personally that Mariota sucks. The man have some horrible advisers. IF that GM picks up Mariota's option both Vrabel and himself careers are cooked.

wow 9 catches for 97, not too shabb... Oh, for the season?

Look up David Givens down there. Or was it Patten? Almost sure it was Givens. Anyway, every receiver who ever succeeded AFTER turning down New England and you can get together and play golf. Bring 3 dates and you'll have a foursome.

[HUMPHRIES]
Dear Mariota:

I am slow to anger
When I toe drag the line
As I reckon with the effects
Of your skills on mine
I look back on where I failed
And in every place I checked
The only common thread has been your misdirects
Now you call me “overpaid,”
A “guy you can replace,”
If you’ve got something to say
Name a time and place
Face to face

I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant
A dot Hump

[MARIOTA]
Mr. Adam Humphries:

I am not the reason no one throws to you
No one knows how well you can receive
I will not just improve spite your millions
I have always thrown ducks and been relieved
Even if Tannenill comes in he’s just a retread
You would need to find a better allegiance
Here’s that Pats contract you spurned for stupid reasons

Jackass.

If you fault Humphries' logic you are basically undermining how otherwordly #12's unreal career trajectory is.

It makes 100% sense to think your career is better off in the hands of a 25 year old vs a 42 year old. Every snap Tom Brady takes is defying logic. We are the beneficiaries of TB12's inhuman accomplishments.

Will Mariota even be starting next year? Even if TB12’s longevity is a big question mark, it’s not like he has a solid long-term QB in Tennessee. So I guess he would bank on Tennessee’s brain trust to get a good replacement over New England’s brain trust. Patriots have now drafted three QBs playing a pro bowl level. When is the last time Tennessee has even an adequate QB? McNair?

Here’s a little check in from the Music City after all of three games with Humphries:

Tennessee Titans: Benching Marcus Mariota not the answer ... for now

Sad to say it but that actually makes sense. I'd guess BB has three more years tops, same as Brady.
Brady gone maybe.

BB isnt going anywhere

Brady gone maybe.

BB isnt going anywhere

You know BB doesn't give away information for free lol. For all we know he's hanging on for dear life at 67 and in terrible health, putting up a brave front while TFB is still here.

I think more likely, he's in perfect health, and cannot wait to prove he can do it with the next QB.

PD > Humphries?

1 year of Brady is so, so, so much better than 4 years of Marcus Mariota. So even if you think Brady has very little time left, I still don't really get his decision if that's really why he made it.

I saw all three Tennesse games this year (I have no idea why). By next year, Stidham will be far better than Mariota.

You know BB doesn't give away information for free lol. For all we know he's hanging on for dear life at 67 and in terrible health, putting up a brave front while TFB is still here.

The stare/look he gave Dana Jacobson on Sunday could've been a minor heart attack......

By the way, that was the same look he gave the head ref before SB 53 when he was getting the explanation as to why the stadium roof had to stay open for the flyover right up to the kickoff.

Most people exclaim and yell somtimes- - he just goes cold/frozen and looks like he's having a stroke. He's the BEST.

Last edited:
The stare/look he gave Dana Jacobson on Sunday could've been a minor heart attack......

By the way, that was the same look he gave the head ref before SB 53 when he was getting the explanation as to why the stadium roof had to stay open for the flyover right up to the kickoff.

Most people exclaim and yell at some of the times - - he just goes cold frozen and looks like he's having a stroke. He's the BEST.

It's called "the look". As a child, I saw it in my parents, and as a parent I used it on my kids.. Nonverbal but it definitely sends a message without having to say a word..

You're thinking like a Brady fan not like someone who is trying to decide what is best for their career. I don't fault you for that but 42 is well past the expected retirement age in the NFL. These guys have millions at stake, they don't have the luxury of thinking like a fan.
No, I’m thinking from the perspective of a knowledgeable football fan.

Humphries signed a 4-year deal but chances are it doesn’t really go 4 years. You think he’s going to play with the “25 year old” for all 4 years? I’d be willing to bet a sizeable amount of money that Brady is a starter longer than Mariota, who could easily be benched this season or simply let go at the end of the season.

btw you also make an awful lot of money when you make big plays in the playoffs and Super Bowl. Now which team do you think he’s more likely to do that for?

It's called "the look". As a child, I saw it in my parents, and as a parent I used it on my kids.. Nonverbal but it definitely sends a message without having to say a word..

Same here, funny thing about that in our home as the boys were growing up. My version of it was almost as effective as my Dad's and was usually enough to get the boys to freeze in their tracks but my wife's version had a less than 50 percent success rate with them, yet to this day makes my blood go cold every single time.

Jesus we’re still harping on this?

The guy made a comment that playing with a younger Mariota for 4 years over an older Brady played a part in where he signed. Who cares? The man had a great 2018 season and signed a life changing deal with a team he felt comfortable with. Location also played a factor as Tennessee is closer to his hometown but we seem to be focusing on the Brady Mariota debate.

I think more likely, he's in perfect health, and cannot wait to prove he can do it with the next QB.
I think he wants Shula’s record. I’m fully expect him on the sidelines until he at least gets that.

I think he wants Shula’s record. I’m fully expect him on the sidelines until he at least gets that.
No question. Either he does it here or somewhere else.

Jesus we’re still harping on this?

The guy made a comment that playing with a younger Mariota for 4 years over an older Brady played a part in where he signed. Who cares? The man had a great 2018 season and signed a life changing deal with a team he felt comfortable with. Location also played a factor as Tennessee is closer to his hometown but we seem to be focusing on the Brady Mariota debate.
The Brady Mariota Debate - “phrases that make no sense for $200, Alex”

I’m not sure who the board is more obsessed with Humphries or DT.

So you expect BB to coach into his seventies.
I sure do.

Only things I see preventing him from doing so are....

1) Health/Age-Related: (energy, health issue)
2) No longer reporting to Bob :(My understanding is he has a great relationship with JK but who knows)
3) Massive Rebuilding Job: I recall BB saying at this point in his career he can't do a rebuild like he did for the 2000 Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes