PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Humphries: "Who knows how many (years) he’s got left?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you fault Humphries' logic you are basically undermining how otherwordly #12's unreal career trajectory is.

It makes 100% sense to think your career is better off in the hands of a 25 year old vs a 42 year old. Every snap Tom Brady takes is defying logic. We are the beneficiaries of TB12's inhuman accomplishments.

If you fault Humphries' logic you are basically undermining how otherwordly #12's unreal career trajectory is.

It makes 100% sense to think your career is better off in the hands of a 25 year old vs a 42 year old. Every snap Tom Brady takes is defying logic. We are the beneficiaries of TB12's inhuman accomplishments.
No it kinda doesn’t makes sense to think you’re career is better off with a 25 year old than a 42 year old when the 25 year old is Marcus Mariota and the 42 year old is Tom Brady.

No it kinda doesn’t makes sense to think you’re career is better off with a 25 year old than a 42 year old when the 25 year old is Marcus Mariota and the 42 year old is Tom Brady.

You're thinking like a Brady fan not like someone who is trying to decide what is best for their career. I don't fault you for that but 42 is well past the expected retirement age in the NFL. These guys have millions at stake, they don't have the luxury of thinking like a fan.

It's a testament to Brady's greatness that professional players think they're better off playing with a 25 year old and are wrong because that's exactly how much he is defying logic.

You're thinking like a Brady fan not like someone who is trying to decide what is best for their career. I don't fault you for that but 42 is well past the expected retirement age in the NFL. These guys have millions at stake, they don't have the luxury of thinking like a fan.

It's a testament to Brady's greatness that professional players think they're better off playing with a 25 year old and are wrong because that's exactly how much he is defying logic.

25 year old QBs are awesome.

25 year old QBs are awesome.

Man, we're so spoiled. Look at all the great memories that the Pats have given us and this phase of the dynasty is not even remotely done.

Next thing you know key free agents won't come here because the coach is 67.
Sad to say it but that actually makes sense. I'd guess BB has three more years tops, same as Brady.

Sad to say it but that actually makes sense. I'd guess BB has three more years tops, same as Brady.

Personally, I think he's too close to Shula to quit now, but BB keeps it too close to the vest for me to say that with any certainty. I definitely can't fault your logic.

Personally, I think he's too close to Shula to quit now, but BB keeps it too close to the vest for me to say that with any certainty. I definitely can't fault your logic.
BB would need 64 more wins just to tie Shula. That's a really long haul and much of it would need to happen post-Brady. I'd say odds are against it. He's pretty safe at No. 3 and also has the most Super Bowl wins, he doesn't need to kill himself chasing Shula.

I have seen reports that the Pats offered $10m per.

Assuming that is accurate, 4/40 with $21M guaranteed(?)

He got 4/36/19 from the Titans

If we pretend over the course of 4 years, he would have earned the entirety of either deal.

He would have paid ~$2m on $40M if he lived in MA.

So he traded ~$38M and Tom Brady for $36M and Hands of Nerve.
If they offered him 10 mil per then thank god he turned them down!

I'll look forward to watching this guy and Dion the Schmuck (180 degrees different from the classy way Malcolm Butler handled things) fall on their faces in Tennessee this year.

What exactly was not 'classy' about this?

BB would need 64 more wins just to tie Shula. That's a really long haul and much of it would need to happen post-Brady. I'd say odds are against it. He's pretty safe at No. 3 and also has the most Super Bowl wins, he doesn't need to kill himself chasing Shula.

What's he going to do? Football is everything to him.

Someone should start bringing a sign to the games with a countdown of how many wins are needed to get to Shula’s record. Like, a big Shula head cutout with a number on it, or something in that ballpark.

I never thought we’d get this close, but now I’m thinking that Bill might stay here and see it through. He would basically be holding the entire NFL hostage. It would be a great payback for the attempts to drag his name through the mud.

For some reason, I thought that it was 54.

Like you said, 64 might be tough to pull off.

Edit: looks like he’s 52 behind tying Shula.

What exactly was not 'classy' about this?

Humphries telling the media that he chose Tennessee because "Who knows how many more years Brady has left" is stupid and classless. If you're a ringless wonder, you don't say something like that in the press about another player - - one who is 3-0 right now while you barely show up on the radar of your sorry ass 1-2 team.

Karma's a bicth when you can't back up what you say to the press.

If you feel the guy's too old, you don't proclaim in the press unless you can back that up.

Just my two cents.

Humphries telling the media that he chose Tennessee because "Who knows how many more years Brady has left" is stupid and classless. If you're a ringless wonder, you don't say something like that in the press about another player - - one who is 3-0 right now while you barely show up on the radar of your sorry ass 1-2 team.

Karma's a bicth when you can't back up what you say to the press.

If you feel the guy's too old, you don't proclaim in the press unless you can back that up.

Just my two cents.
There's nothing classless at all about it. It's simple reality. Nobody knows how many years he has left, but it's not likely to be four which is the number of years they were signing him. And what do rings have to do with anything? Not everything is about insult the honor of the NE Patriots and TB12 you know.

Oh, and what else did he say in that statement? That's right:

“Obviously, he’s the G.O.A.T. That’s that simple”
Was that stupid and classless too?

What's he going to do? Football is everything to him.
He's stated he won't be coaching in his seventies, which he'd have to go into for 65 more wins. And BB never has said football means "everything" to him -- he has other interests, plus family.

He's stated he won't be coaching in his seventies, which he'd have to go into for 65 more wins. And BB never has said football is "everything" to him -- he has other interests, plus family.
He did. But that was a while ago, and the people who know him the best say that he loves what he's doing as much as he ever has. We'll see. If I were betting though, I'd bet on more than 3 years.

1 year of Brady is so, so, so much better than 4 years of Marcus Mariota. So even if you think Brady has very little time left, I still don't really get his decision if that's really why he made it.

If the 25 year old QB in question was any good I'd totally get it. But the 25 year old in this case is Marcus Mariota, who sucks. If I was a betting man, I would bet on Mariota being out as the Titans' starter before Brady is out as the Pats', and that's mostly because I really don't see Mariota sticking around as the top guy beyond this season.

Why is he even still talking about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back