PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Humphries: "Who knows how many (years) he’s got left?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but I consider Humphries a much better player than Amendola. That being said, just adding Humphries wouldn't have happened. If we sign Humphries, is there a Harry, is there a Bennett? Probably not. Probably more like Humphries/Clayborn or Bennett/Harry for 2019?

Bennett was traded for before we pursued Humphires.

Yes, but I consider Humphries a much better player than Amendola. That being said, just adding Humphries wouldn't have happened. If we sign Humphries, is there a Harry, is there a Bennett? Probably not. Probably more like Humphries/Clayborn or Bennett/Harry for 2019?
I wonder if Humphries joined would we have still seen a JE11 extension. I still think so as it would have been a locker room thing. Who knows...

I wonder if Humphries joined would we have still seen a JE11 extension. I still think so as it would have been a locker room thing. Who knows...
I thought this too - interesting question

Bennett was traded for before we pursued Humphires.
We probably don't draft a WR in round 1 though. And who knows about some other - even smaller - FA acquisitions in that case.

How does Humphries get on the field enough and get targeted enough today in New England to justify $9-10 million a year. Only one way - Edelman is unavailable.

q2p4C5S.jpg

tenor.gif

Serves him right.

If his rationale was exclusively, “I made a commitment to TEN and want to follow through on that verbal commitment”, fine, I kind of disagree with that reasoning, but it’s understandable to an extent.

But the second he brought the Brady age angle into things, he lost any benefit of the doubt in my eyes.

Have fun, Adam!

I read that while NE's offer did come in slightly higher, it happened after they initially offered less and he committed to TENN's offer. I don't know how true any of that is though.

Mariota at any age will never be better than Brady.

wow 9 catches for 97, not too shabb... Oh, for the season?

Look up David Givens down there. Or was it Patten? Almost sure it was Givens. Anyway, every receiver who ever succeeded AFTER turning down New England and you can get together and play golf. Bring 3 dates and you'll have a foursome.

Who cares? Is he even worth an after thought?

He made his decision and thats ok. He probably would of done well here but so would of a lot of others.

I completely forgot about this dude.

I was shocked at how little I saw him on the field Thursday. Vrable knows to play the free agents he just signed, right?

I was shocked at how little I saw him on the field Thursday. Vrable knows to play the free agents he just signed, right?

Trying to do the Patriot way the Titan way, welp we got our Welker to go with our "Brady"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft